The Sunset Lake Cruise That Will Make Your Utah Summer Complete
Writer, editor and researcher with a passion for exploring new places. Catherine loves local bookstores, independent films, and spending time with her family, including Gus the golden retriever, who is a very good boy.
More by this Author
When’s the last time you went on a truly unique, romantic date? It’s easy to get stuck in the dinner-and-a-movie rut, but here’s an adventure that you probably haven’t tried – a dinner cruise at sunset…on the Great Salt Lake. You’ve got to check this out!
The Utah Road Trip To Utah's Most Gorgeous Mountains
9 Mistakes Everyone In Utah Makes When Visiting Lagoon
You May Not Want To Swim In This Utah Lake This Summer Due To A Dangerous Discovery
For more information, or to request a reservation, visit Gonzo’s website .
Take a look at this video, posted by RedCastle Crusade on YouTube.com to see more:
Have you cruised with Gonzo Boat Rentals and Tours? Tell us about your experience!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Want more Utah in your inbox?
Get the latest on things to see, do, and eat around Utah!
Thank you! You'll receive your first newsletter soon!
An error occured.
- This Tiny Hidden Park In Utah Will Make Your Day
- The Swimming Spot In Utah You Must Visit Before Summer's Over
- Utah's Largest Lake Is So Big You Can See It From Outer Space
- The One Hikeable Lake In Utah That's Simply Breathtaking In The Fall
- The One-Of-A-Kind Utah Experience You'll Never Forget
- The Underrated Utah Lake That's Perfect For A Summer Day
- The Utah Beach That’s Unlike Any Other In The World
- This Utah Restaurant Is Far Off The Beaten Path, But The Patio Views Are Stunning
- National & State Parks
- Natural Wonders
- On the Water
- Parks & Gardens
- State Parks
Sound & Light Show Tour
Sunset Jet Boat with Dinner
On the colorado river.
Come Enjoy Beautiful Moab, Utah!
Canyonlands by Night and Day has been operating tours in the Moab area for more than 51 years!
Vacations Created Especially for You
Canyonlands by Night & Day is a unique tour operator with a variety of packages for your Moab vacation.
Moab, Utah—An Unforgettable Place
Our neighborhood is filled with some of the most wild and awe-inspiring natural landscapes and canyons in the entire nation.
Canyonlands by Night Tours & Events
Canyonlands by Night and Day is the Best Colorado River Boat Tour as recognized in The Official Best of Travel TV show.
Moab Dinner Cruise with Sound and Light Show
- Experience the magic of Canyonlands National Park at night
- Includes dinner, boat ride, and show
- See the Colorado River in Utah by boat
- Suitable for adults and older kids
- See itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Buffet dinner
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Canyonlands by Night & Day
- Entry/Admission - Colorado Riverway Recreation Area
- Entry/Admission - Grandstaff Canyon Trail
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- 1861 N Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532, USA Heading North on Hwy 191, cross over the Colorado River Bridge and take the first left. Then you'll be in our parking lot. We have a Spanish Mission Style building with a large tower.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, operator can provide if guest weighs 170lbs or less
- Seats are assigned by the office and will not be known in advance of the tour date
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Trip can be cancelled due to water levels, either too high or too low and mechanical failure. If canceled you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age on the tour is 4 years old. Children under 4 not permitted.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 144 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- You'll start at 1861 N Hwy 191 1861 N Hwy 191, Moab, UT 84532, USA Heading North on Hwy 191, cross over the Colorado River Bridge and take the first left. Then you'll be in our parking lot. We have a Spanish Mission Style building with a large tower. See address & details
- 1 Canyonlands by Night & Day Stop: 60 minutes - Admission included See details
- 2 Colorado Riverway Recreation Area Stop: 60 minutes - Admission included See details
- 3 Grandstaff Canyon Trail Stop: 60 minutes - Admission included See details
- You'll return to the starting point
- h0peg0rd0n 0 contributions Great Tour! We absolutely loved our flight over Canyonlands and Arches! 1. It was just fun! 2. Arthur was a great tour guide! 3. It was great seeing areas in such a different way! 4. It was incredibly beautiful! We thoroughly enjoyed thus! Read more Written January 12, 2024
- parisd115 0 contributions Must try We learned about Moab. This was an amazing experience for us. We really enjoyed are time and the process to book was so easy. Read more Written December 29, 2023
- TCSTexas 0 contributions Moab 2023 A must do, great time, learned alot about Moab. This area is filled with so much to do. Arches Nationl park was awesome. Best tip is get a National Park permit , it will save you alot of money entering the parks. Read more Written December 4, 2023
- leemD864NI 0 contributions Best UTV tour in Moab. I had booked the 2hr sunset UTV tour for my children and I. The checking in process was incredibly easy and fast. The staff were very friendly and efficient and answered all of our questions. Our guide was very informative throughout the tour and it was clear that our guide took our safety very seriously, showing us how to handle the UTV and explaining all the safety procedure's. We were able to stop multiple times to take photos. He timed the sunset stop perfectly and the views were stunning as the sun dropped. It was an amazing 2hr experience and would highly recommend using Canyonlands by Night and Day for excursions, if you come to Moab. 5 stars from me. Read more Written November 16, 2023
- davidfY253HF 0 contributions Wonderful Colorado River Cruise The western buffet style dinner before the cruise on the Colorado River was very good with a variety of meat, vegetable, and salad options. Our guide was informative about the history of the area which was very interesting. He kept it light with jokes interspersed throughout the ride. The lighting technique was simple and appropriate for the subject matter. It was a beautiful clear cool evening and the stars were amazing! Thank you for a wonderful experience! Read more Written November 12, 2023
- PDill1 0 contributions Great food and fun We booked this event to celebrate a friends birthday while vacationing in Moab. The staff were all very friendly, the dutch oven dinner was delicious and we all thoroughly enjoyed the boat ride and light show. Read more Written October 31, 2023
- billfitzwater 0 contributions Fun family night on the Colorado Settled for the Sound and Light Show and dinner since the Jet Boat Cruise was not running due to low water. It was a wonderful night on the Colorado River. The stars were amazing and the moon appeared over the canyon walls. Our narrator (Tasha?) was great. She greeted everyone warmly, had great info about the area, and used her laser pointer to highlight interesting images on the canyon walls. The prerecorded story (last hour of the ride) seemed dated, but was still sort of interesting. The light show was a moving vehicle on the road that lit canyon walls in coordination with the prerecorded story. Was expecting something different with the lights. The all-you-can-eat dinner before the ride was tasty and filling. It was a fun night for our six family members. Read more Written October 30, 2023
- nlweaver24 0 contributions So much fun! We did the UTV tour with Richard and it was so much fun! He was a great guide and made us feel so safe. We even learned a lot about the land and where we were! Can't wait to come back and do it again. Read more Written October 30, 2023
- kathyfW1056XZ 0 contributions Perfect night out! Loved hiking during the day but thought it might be nice to see the canyon from below on the river. This far surpassed our expectations! We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious dinner and the boat ride was so much fun. Our narrator was funny and informative. He even used a laser pointer to show us different things in the canyon walls. The light show was beautiful and even had a musical accompaniment. Even the night sky cooperated and we saw stars galore. Just a perfect night out! Read more Written October 29, 2023
- sjs072opd 0 contributions Excellent, Reverent, Respectful The dinner was very good in quality and quantity. The boat float was respectful, beautiful and inspiring in the narration, music, and lighting effects. This was a very uplifting experience; I particularly appreciated the spiritual references to the Creation, the Creator, and geology. Read more Written October 23, 2023
- reedrn94 0 contributions Make time for this! A very relaxing evening. Good food. Nice staff. Family owned business. Enjoyable with fun history. We would highly recommend. Read more Written October 21, 2023
- lisacW924LJ 0 contributions Good old fashioned evening Good old fashioned fun! Loved every minute of it. Our guide was funny & entertaining. Good wasn’t horrible but wasn’t anything to write home about. Would highly recommend Read more Written October 20, 2023
- khausma 0 contributions Fun evening after a busy day of exploration Wonderful evening of history and nature. The whole crew made you feel safe and taken care of throughout the evening. The lights were unique. The history of the land was presented in a way that incorporated stories to make it come alive. And my goodness did the stars put on a show that night. The dinner was fine and we enjoyed the dessert. Read more Written October 20, 2023
- sfriedlund 0 contributions Thanks The staff was lovely. They were very well organized and waited on a large group in a short amount of time. Food was great a little bit of everything with lots of variety. We enjoyed the boat ride very much. Loved the stars!!! Read more Written October 19, 2023
- NationalParkGoer 0 contributions An excellent adventure My wife and I did not know what to expect when doing a side by side tour in Moab. Richard our tour guide was amazing. He help us get comfortable with the machine and with its abilities. Would react from them again. Read more Written October 18, 2023
Most Recent: Reviews ordered by most recent publish date in descending order.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews ordered by recency and descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as wait time, length of visit, general tips, and location information.
Moab Dinner Cruise with Sound and Light Show provided by Canyonlands by Night & Day
- Places To Go
- Cities & Towns
- Best Things To Do in Moab
Evening River Cruise
Taking an evening cruise on the Colorado River outside of Moab, Utah, is not to be missed. In a way, the evening river cruise is as much a time-honored tradition of the Moab area as its world-renowned trail system, just without the physical exertion. You may see visitors from around the world on your tour appreciating what so many have before — all the way back to Western explorer John Wesley Powell. Local tour operator Canyonlands by Night and Day has been offering such tours for over half a century and has several options: Hop on board for the Sunset Jet Boat, un’Wine’d and Dined, or Sound and Light Show to wrap up your day in the Moab area with a relaxing and soothing ride on the water.
Well-prepared travel is responsible travel.
Do your part by planning ahead
Moab Jet Boat Sunset & Dinner Tour
This 1.5-hour jetboat trip begins at the docks on the Colorado River, just two miles North of downtown Moab. After the boat trips, you will return up stream to the dock patios where hot dinner is waiting! Cruise through the canyons of the Colorado River at the most magical time of day.Once you board the jetboat, you will be whisked away into a different world, filled with beautiful redrock cliffs canyon scenery. Your guide will explain local geology and history of the Canyonlands area. As the desert sun paints the canyon walls, reflects across the tranquil waters, and fills the evening sky, you'll bask in the impressive views that accompany you around every bend. Top off the evening with a delicious dutch oven dinner.
Jetboat Tours meet at 1861 N Highway 191, Moab, UT 15 minutes prior to departure time. Trip is about 2.5 hours.
- Dutch Oven dinner after boat ride included
- 1.5 Hours jetboat ride, 1 Hour dinner
- Dutch Oven Dinner
- 1.5 hr Jetboat Ride
- Amazing sunset views
Meeting Location: Canyonlands by Night - 1861 North Hwy 191
Departure Times: Times vary depending on sunset.
Season: April - July* (*Dependent on water levels)
Reviews for Sunset Jetboat Tour
Jet boat trip.
Read More Reviews
Extend Your Adventure!
Slickrock Safari Hummer Adventure
Discover the exhilaration of this incredible off-road excursion in the world's most serious 4x4.
- Duration: Approximately 2 hrs
- Departure Times: 7:30 AM, 10:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Season: February-November
Colorado River Morning Half-Day Rafting Adventure
Sample the beauty and excitement of the Colorado River on this morning half-day adventure on mild whitewater. Raft 7 miles from Fisher Towers to Rocky Rapid.
- Duration: Varies based on water levels (7 miles)
- Departure Times: 8:00 AM
- Season: April – October
Moab Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Ride
Soar over the sandstone valleys and spires of Moab from the unforgettable perspective and ride of a hot air balloon.
- Duration: Approximately 3.5 hrs
- Departure Times: Times vary depending on sunrise.
- Season: March - October
What to take, where to eat, where to stay, what to do, and a few little secrets on the side. Our Moab Insiders Guide will provide you with all the essentials for a perfect Moab experience.
What to take, where to eat, where to stay, what to do, and a few little secrets on the side. Not unlike your own personal Jiminy Cricket, (minus the worries of the little guy getting smooshed) the Moab Insiders Guide will provide you with all the essentials for a perfect Moab experience.
- Lake Powell Resort
- Lake Powell Marinas
- Wilderness River Adventures
- The Lake Powell Experience
- Park History
- Points of Interest - North Lake Powell
- Points of Interest - South Lake Powell
- Area Information
- Marina Information
- Seasons at Lake Powell
- Current Weather
- Getting Here
- Green Travel Tips
- Birding at Lake Powell
- Houseboating Experience
- 75-ft Excursion Houseboat
- 62-ft Journey Houseboat
- 54-ft Escape Houseboat
- 59-ft Wanderer Houseboat
- 59-ft Discovery XL Houseboat
- 50-ft Nomad Houseboat
- 48-ft Navigator Houseboat
- 46-ft Expedition Houseboat
- Houseboat Comparison Tool
- Wahweap Marina Houseboat Rentals - AZ
- Bullfrog Marina Houseboat Rentals - UT
- Houseboat Meals
- Houseboating Safety
- Houseboating FAQs
- Houseboat Pre-Board Service
- Lake Powell Lodging Experience
- Defiance House Lodge
- Family Units
- Lake Powell Dining Experience
Driftwood lounge, latitude 37, anasazi restaurant, canyon princess dinner cruise.
- Wahweap Pizza Co.
- Lake Powell Marinas Experience
- Marina Services
- Powerboat Safety
- Water Toy Rentals
- Antelope Canyon
- Navajo Canyon Boat Tour
- Scenic Dam Cruise
- North Lake Private Boat Tour
- South Lake Private Boat Tour
- Rainbow Bridge
- Canyon Princess Charcuterie Cruise
- RV & Camping Experience
- Wahweap RV & Campground
- Bullfrog RV & Campground
- Halls Crossing RV & Campground
- Sample Itineraries
- Horseshoe Bend Rafting Trip
- Hiking North Lake Powell
- Hiking South Lake Powell
- Other Activities & Tours
- Upcoming Events
- Houseboat Specials
- Lodging Specials
- Member Programs
- Boat Tour Specials
- Photos & Videos
- Email Sign Up
- Retrieve Reservations
Savor every bite at Lake Powell Resort as you take in the views of sapphire-blue water, the boats at Wahweap Marina and the beautiful red rock buttes beyond. From the unmatched panoramas and fabulous dinners in the Rainbow Room to the casual waterfront comfort of Latitude 37, you'll find the meals here to be almost as unforgettable as the scenery.
After a fun-filled day, join us again as our chef tempts you with entrées ranging from fresh fish to flame-broiled beef and a delightful selection of vegetarian fare.
In addition to its stunning lake view setting, the Driftwood Lounge offers mouthwatering pub fare, appetizers, plus a wide variety of specialty cocktails, beer and wine.
Latitude 37 is accessible by both land and water, with temporary slips available for boaters looking to satiate their hunger.
Grab custom coffee creations, delectable & light appetizers, and a perfect glass of wine at this convenient spot.
Wahweap Pizza Co.
Pizzas, Salads & Subs delivered to your doorstep or for dine-in!
This dinner cruise combines spectacular Wahweap Bay scenery with a delicious dining experience.
Hearty home-style breakfasts, satisfying burgers, sandwiches, salads and soups for lunch and delicious dinner entrees from fresh fish to pasta to steak keep guests coming back for more.
Tour the Great Salt Lake by Boat
- Swimsuit and towel (for swimming tours)
- Sun glasses
- Cash for gratuities
- Free picture taking (with your phone or ours)
- Stories and jokes
45-Minute Boat Tour
2-hour Sightseeing and Swimming/Floating Boat Tour
1-Hour Private Sunset Tour
Private Boat Charters
- $230 per hour for 9 passenger boat
- $250 per hour for 12 passenger boat
- Boats are an extra $50 per hour on Saturdays and Sundays