IL SERVIZIO PASSEGGERI SU NAVI CARGO E' SOSPESO PER L'ANNO 2023
The passenger service on cargo vessels is suspended for the year 2023.
© 2023 Grimaldi Group. All rights reserved.
Get Notified on Launch:
- Main content
What it's like to sail aboard a container ship, where travelers trade the amenities of a cruise ship for solitude
- Leisure cruising aboard a freighter vessel is a beloved but niche form of travel.
- Unlike a cruise ship, there are no nightclubs, water slides, and crowds of people aboard a freighter.
- See what it's like sailing aboard a cargo vessel and how it compares to a traditional cruise.
Imagine two weeks out at sea aboard a behemoth ship.
No, not on a cruise ship with bars, pools, water slides, and hospitality — we're talking about a freighter vessel used to transport cargo between ports.
Sailing on a freighter doesn't have the same frills of taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean or Carnival: There's no WiFi, no nightclubs, and no plush bars.
And for the most part, you could be stuck on these ships for two to three weeks at a time.
To some leisure travelers, this form of travel may seem hellish. After all, aren't you vacationing for a relaxing, pampering getaway?
But to a niche set of travelers, sailing aboard a cargo cruise — just you, a handful of other travelers, and the crew — is a dreamy way to unplug from the excess luxuries of the world.
And travelers are willing to pay $100 to $150 a day to cruise on a cargo ship.
"It's got a unique smell of pitch, sea salt, food, and stale bodies. It gets in your blood," Hamish Jamieson, founder of New Zealand-based Freighter Travel, told Insider. "It's a wee bit like going to your favorite cabin in the middle of autumn."
You won't find the typical cruise sights of sunburning tourists, nighttime shows, and children swimming in pools on a freighter ship.
Instead, imagine a quieter, more meditative form of travel.
"The limited activities you can do onboard helps you calm down," Arne Gudde, founder of Berlin-based Slowtravel, told Insider.
Travelers still get their own hotel room-like cabin filled with furnishings like a bathroom, bed, closet, couch, desk, and power outlets.
And there are some onboard amenities reminiscent of that of a cruise ship, like a communal library, and gym.
Like a typical cruise, passengers still get three meals a day, including occasionally luxurious feasts like steak, coq au vin, and salmon.
But unlike a Royal Caribbean cruise where tours of "behind the scenes" sections of the ship come at an extra cost, travelers on a freighter ship are free to explore the engine room and visit the bridge, the vessel's command center.
And the crew aren't there to provide travelers with on-call hospitality, comfort, and service, although they're often eager to chat about the ins and outs of a freighter and life at sea.
Gudde suggests bringing a book, watching a movie, or exploring the nooks and crannies of the ship.
Just make sure you pack efficiently — Freighter Travel allows about 221 pounds worth of luggage per person, and about 55-pounds per bag, Jamieson said.
But most importantly, bring your patience. You’ll need lots of it while managing the superfluity of time to yourself at sea and dealing with the logistics of cargo transport.
Travelers looking to cruise on a freighter are still subject to the unpredictability of the ship’s schedule: It’s not there for the purpose of bringing you from one destination to another.
"Flexibility is the key," Jamieson said. "But it's also half the fun."
If this has piqued your interest in freighter travel, unfortunately, you'll have to be patient.
Cargo cruises are still stalled amid COVID-19, creating wait lists as long as hundreds, maybe thousands of people, Gudde said.
Fans of this much-beloved form of "slow travel" are patiently hoping for a return later this year or in 2023.
Useful-information, qui trovi tutti i documenti scaricabili dal sito, before booking.
Read carefully our brochure or web-site, including the general conditions, in order to know what type of Journey or holiday you are going to purchase.
- make sure you are okay with your passport and visa (if necessary)
- for South America and West Africa, you need an International Certificate of Vaccination against Yellow Fever
- the age limit for travelling with us is 85 years, at the time of embarkation.
- if you are 79 or over, you will need a doctorâs certificate stating that you are fit to travel on a cargo vessel
- you need compulsory travel health insurance
- 6\5 days before the estimate day of departure you have to contact our port agent to get confirmation of sailing day and information about time and place of departure
- if you are travelling with a vehicle, make sure all documents are okay for disembarking the vehicle at the port of destination
LIFE ON BOARD
You are travelling on board a cargo vessel. While you are of course a welcomed guest, bear in mind that the Master, the officers and the crew have to comply with their daily duty and routine to run the vessel and while in port to unload and load the cargo. The service we can provide for you, compared with pure passenger vessels, is necessarily somewhat limited. However be assured that all personnel involved will do its utmost to make you feel comfortable and happy on board the vessel.
All persons travelling on board the vessel are subject to the general discipline, safety and security rules as established by the Company and \or the Master.
There is only a limited availability of books on board, and not always in the language you are most familiar with or the type of books you enjoy reading. The suggestion is to bring you own books, plenty of them if you are on a longer journey. Include some good guide-books of the places you will visit, this helps to organize your shore leaves
The vessel you are travelling on is of comfortable size that allows safe sailing under all conditions. For your safety and comfort we suggest not wearing shoes with high wheels or beach sandals. Even in good sea conditions a sudden movement of the vessel is possible and very often the outer deck is wet.
- no bathing suit or beach ware should be worn in the mess room and the lounge
- do not enter the bridge in beach ware or bathing suit
Under the ISPS code the bridge is a restricted area, where in general access cannot be allowed. We appreciate that our passengers enjoy staying on the bridge, but please ask the Master for authorization for any visit to the bridge. Please respect the dressing code.
AREAS OFF LIMIT
There are areas of the vessel where passengers are not allowed, unless previously authorized by the Master (or person designated) and accompanied by a member of the shipâs personnel: the Garage (while at sea), the Kitchen, the Engine Room and in general all working areas.
Are served in the officersâ mess. You will be informed of the meal hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner by the Master (or person designated by him). Please respect the meal hours. No meals can be served in your cabin.
Meals are prepared by a standard navy cook, and reflect the preferences and the necessities of the crew. Special diets are not possible.
Will be cleaned and made-up daily. This work is generally done in the earlier part of the morning. Please remember that the steward may only make-up you cabin if he finds it accessible. Later on during the day the steward has other duties and will not be able to clean and make-up the cabin. On some hectic days you might have to take care yourself of the cabin. Your co-operation is appreciated.
Since our vessels are Ro \Ro or Co\Ro, cabins and passenger facilities are located on decks 9 to 12 (depending on the vessel).
All our vessels have a lift. But in case of breakdown of the lift, you should be able to get up or down the stairs, that are step and narrow.
220 Volts. The plugs are of Italian standard. Bring an adaptor, if necessary.
- â¬uro, on the Italian flag vessels
- US$, on the Swedish flag vessels
Are available on board on a self service basis
- PHONE: You can use the ph one to make calls ship-to-shore. You will have to pay for the cost of the call (remember satellite phone calls are rather costly).
- FAX: You can ask the Master to send a fax for you. You will have to pay for the cost of phone necessary to send the message.
- E-MAIL: You can send e-mails. No attachment is accepted. For each e-mail sent you will be charged a flat amount of 1 â¬uro. E-mails addressed to you on board from relatives and friends to the vesselâs e-mail address are transmitted free of charge (there should be no attachments). If you receive a message with an attachment, you will have to pay for the cost of the satellite communication. This can be quite expensive. The Company has the right to block any message addressed to passengers with an attachment. The use of e -mail, phone and fax is at the Masterâs discretion. The vesselâs communication system is not a public one. The Company and the Master have no obligation to let passengers use the system. In any case Company, safety and security matters have priority.
Are sold only in bottles or tins and are subject to being available on board. For purchases please address yourself to the cook. A price list is available on board.
For reasons of safety on the workplace, supply of alcoholic beverages to the crew is forbidden.
Therefore the vessel disposes only of very limited stock (both in quantity and in se lection) of alcoholic beverages.
Alcoholic beverage should be consumed with moderation. It is the Masters discretion to prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages to persons that, in his sole judgment, make abuse of it.
It is not allowed to introduce on board alcoholic beverages purchased ashore.
There is a washing machine at your disposal for your personal laundry necessities.
You may take pictures on board except in the garage or other cargo areas. In some ports it is not allowed to take pictures within the boundaries of the harbour.
PORTS OF CALL
You will go ashore at your own responsibility.
You travel on board a cargo vessel. Ports of call, duration of calls and docking times are subject to cargo requirements. Our vessels run regular services. However there is always the possibility that a port originally included in the schedule has to be dropped, or that the vessel runs one or more days behind schedule. But this is part of the game in Freighter Cruising. Before going ashore make sure to have proper and up -dated information about the time you have to be back on board. We suggest you leave your mobile phone number with the Master (or person designated).
Herewith we are giving some basic, and hopefully useful information about going ashore.
- Beware of pickpockets who can be very clever. They often operate in pairs or more â one holding your attention while the other empties you pockets
- Do not carry large amounts of cash. Use a money belt, if you have one, when shopping. Never carry a purse, or your wallet in your back pocket. Backpacks should be carried in the front.
- Leave jewellery and watches safely onboard the ship, rather than wearing them ashore
- Never leave your belongings unattended.
All persons boarding the vessel are subject to control and search
All items carried on board will be checked.
If you have any problems or you feel dissatisfied you should speak to the Master or the Chief Mate. Whenever it is possible they will assist and help you.
We offer a passenger and car ferry services between various European Ports on board freighter cruise liners. Ships depart throughout the year. Even though the ships stop at various ports some ports don't have the option of embarkation and disembarkation. Below are the routes normally available from Limassol. Please see Itineraries & Prices for the full list of routes available. Limassol to and from Salerno - Italy, Setubal - Portugal, Bristol/Portubury* - Israel - UK, Cork - Ireland, Esbjerg - Denmark, Wallhamn - Sweden, Antwerp - Belgium, Southampton - UK. (*no vehicles)
If you have not travelled on a freighter cruise before it's recommended you read the following information.
More and more holidaymakers are looking for a different kind of cruise experience, away from the huge juggernaut cruise vessels, crowded by thousands of passengers and far from the traditional way of travelling by sea. Grimaldi are an Italian family owned company and is one on Italy’s leading ship owners. They have been involved in passenger business since the early 50’, first with regular line service across the Atlantic, then for more than 30 years with Mediterranean cruise operations and since 1999 with the car ferry services between Italy, Spain, Malta and Tunisia. Grimaldi started to offer passenger accommodation on our cargo vessels in 1989, it started with the Repubblica di Genova running circular voyages from Europe to West Africa and Brazil. Today we offer Freighter Cruises on 32 of over 50 vessels. Destinations include Europe, the Mediterranean Sea, South America and West Africa. There are many one way options available. Departures are frequent and on regular basis, many weekly with fixed day departures. The vessels fly the Italian or the Swedish flag. On the Italian flag vessels, the majority, the master and some officers are Italians and the food is Italian. The accommodation available vary according to the type of vessel, from the inside cabin with a bed and an upper berth to the owner’s cabin with separate day room. All cabins have private facilities (generally shower and WC). All cabins and areas designated to passengers are air-conditioned. The vessels have an elevator to reach the deck where the passenger accommodation is located. The maximum of passengers a cargo vessel can carry is 12, but not all of our vessels reach that capacity. We accept passengers up to 89 years of age, but passengers 79 years or older will need a doctor’s certificate stating that they are fit to travel on a cargo vessel. All passengers need to be in good health and to have an insurance coverage for accidents, illness and medical assistance abroad. One of the great features Grimaldi offers, is the possibility to carry passenger accompanied vehicles (cars, caravan, camping cars, busses and motorcycles). Travelling on a cargo vessel is different from any other kind of voyage. On a cargo ship, freight has the priority. The passenger is, in a certain way, a paying guest, that has to adapt to the life on board the cargo vessel. The service on board is simple. sometimes your cabin may not be made up. During peak working periods, the master and the crew may not have much time to spare to look after the passengers. The food is prepared by a standard navy cook and is prepared for the requirements and the preference of the people working on board. The duration of the calls is determined by the volume of cargo to be unloaded and loaded and can be short or long, during the day or during the night. But travelling on cargo vessels will give you other satisfactions. You will learn about what working on board means, you will enjoy a journey on the high sea similar to what it was in the past (but still travelling in today’s comfort). > Reservations > Itineraries & Prices > Current Sailing Schedules > The Vessels > Pictures > Important Information > General Conditions
A few more Armata sites in Cyprus
www.windowoncyprus.comm - General Information about the Island. www.cyprus-villas.com - Villa and Apartment Holiday Rentals. www.cyprus-car-hire.com - Car, bike and Limo reservation service. www.cyprus-wedding.com - Getting Married? Consider Cyprus. www.cyprus-flowers.com - Need to say thank you? Do it with flowers.
For cruises in Cyprus think Cruise Cyprus Copyright © 1997-2020 CruiseCyprus.com. All rights reserved.
Revised: January 07, 2020 .
The Cruise People Ltd
88 York Street, London W1H 1QT 020 7723 2450
- The Cruise People web site
- French America Line
- Cargo Ships
- Cruiseco Specials
- Culture Cruises
- Royal Caribbean
Salerno To Baltimore, Transatlantic In Grimaldi Lines’ Twelve-Passenger Grande Congo
04/08/2017 Leave a comment
The Grande Congo and her sister ships can carry up to 12 passengers each
As well as Fiats, Italian-built Jeep Renegades and containers, each ship in Grimaldi Lines’ Salerno-to-Baltimore service is fitted to carry up to twelve passengers. Rachel Slade crossed the Atlantic with her two stepsons on the Grande Congo in July 2017. Here is what she wrote to us on her return to the US:
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you and Miri for a memorable journey and tremendous service.
We took a Grimaldi ro/con ship from Civitavecchia [vessels now sail from Salerno] to Baltimore in July 2017. I cannot overstate how polite the master (Captain Francesco Rago) and crew were, and how welcome we felt during our 12-day cruise across the Atlantic. The food was delicious, and the espresso on the bridge every evening was unforgettable. The master taught my stepsons how to use a sextant and identify steering stars, and we learned a lot about Italian food and politics. We look forward to traveling with Grimaldi again someday.
But getting underway was a journey unto itself, and the whole ordeal gave me a chance to see how hard The Cruise People work to make sure their customers have a positive experience in the very unpredictable world of commercial shipping.
I first booked a ship through The Cruise People from Lisbon to Jacksonville for June. Within weeks, that entire shipping route was cancelled, forcing Miri to scramble to find me room for three passengers on another ship crossing the Atlantic during the high season. She finally found a Grimaldi ship, scheduled to leave Italy on June 21. We booked our flights from Boston, and waited in anticipation.
One day before we left the States, Kevin contacted us to let us know the ship would be delayed a couple of days, with a June 24 departure. Not a problem–we booked an AirBnB in Civitavecchia.
Then things got worse. When we got to Rome, I contacted the port agent who informed us that the ship had been rerouted to Turkey and wouldn’t leave Italy until July 1.
Kevin spent considerable time working with the shipping company to get the details, and helped us get a deduction on the cost of our passage, which was truly appreciated, considering the fact that we had to spend 10 extra days in Italy. It was a heroic effort, and made me feel that even in this era, some companies truly care about their clients’ experience.
When we finally got on the ship and headed out to sea, we were thrilled and relieved. Suffice it to say that we had terrific weather–sunny, warm–including a few days when the temperamental Atlantic Ocean was as flat as a sheet of glass. We truly appreciated the chance to unplug from the world for a week!
Thank you again for everything.
The bedroom in a Grimaldi Lines Owners Cabin
For others who may be interested there is a sailing from Salerno about every 11 days. The present ships on the route feature an Owners cabin and five Inside cabins and one-way fares from Italy to the USA are as follows:
Owners Category EM2: €1,700 (about US $1,905) per person for two Outside Category DE2: €1,300 (about US $1,455) per person for two Inside Categories DI2/BI2: €950 (about US $1,065) per person for two
Owners Category EM1: €2,300 (about US $2,575) for sole occupancy Outside Category DE1: €1,700 (about US $1,905) for sole occupancy Inside Categories DI1/BI1: €1,200 (about US $1,345) for sole occupancy
The duration of each voyage is about 11 days to Baltimore or 14 days to Jacksonville. The latest schedules call for departures from Salerno on May 2, 16 and 30, June 13 & 27, July 11 & 25, Aug 8 & beyond on 2018.
For further details on booking a voyage with Grimaldi Lines or any other cargo-passenger service please contact Miri Lopusna at The Cruise People Ltd in London on +44 (0)20 7723 2450 or e-mail [email protected] .
Filed under Cargo Ships , Uncategorized Tagged with cargo ship voyages , cargo-passenger service , freighter cruises , freighter travek , Grimaldi Freighter Cruises , Grimaldi Lines , Transatlantic Sailings
Salerno Exchange Port For Israel For Passengers From The US, Transatlantic By CMA CGM And Transmed by Grimaldi Lines
19/05/2017 Leave a comment
With a pair of passenger-carrying container ships working CMA CGM’s Amerigo Express Transatlantic service, Salerno has become the new exchange port for Israeli-bound passengers from the US.
CMA CGM’s transit time from Miami to Salerno is 17 days and Grimaldi Lines then operates weekly sailings from Salerno to Ashdod that take 9 days. Grimaldi ships return from Ashdod to Salerno in 5 days and CMA CGM then takes 19 days from Salerno to New York, and another 7 to return to Miami via Norfolk and Savannah.
The 8-passenger CMA CGM Tosca is one of a pair of ships connecting Miami to Med ports that include Salerno, and returning via New York
The Transatlantic service is operated by the 10-passenger CMA CGM Nabucca and 8-passenger CMA CGM Tosca. These ships also offer a connection to Morocco by disembarking at Algeciras and taking the ferry across to Tangiers.
Grimaldi Line’s Italian-flag Grande Ellade and sister ships supply the link between Salerno (shown here) and Ashdod
The Transmed link is supplied by Grimaldi Lines’ Euro-Med service that also connects with Southampton and ports in Scandinavia and North Europe. Five ships, the Gran Bretagna , Grande Ellade , Grande Europa , Grande Mediterraneo and Grande Scandinavia , carry up to twelve passengers each in an Owners cabin, an Outside cabin and four Inside cabins.
For further details on how to book this service please call Miri Lopusna at The Cruise People Ltd in London on +44 (0)20 7723 2450 or by emailing [email protected] .
Filed under Cargo Ships , Uncategorized Tagged with cargo ship travel , cargo ship voyages , cargo-passenger service , CMA CGM , CMA CGM Grimaldi Lines , freighter cruises , freighter travel , Grimaldi Freighter Cruises , Grimaldi Lines , US to Israel by sea
Grimaldi Lines Announces Latest Rome To Baltimore and Jacksonville Passenger Dates (15.05.17)
03/02/2016 Leave a comment
Grimaldi Lines’ Grande Marocco class ships carry 12 passengers each betwen Rome and Jacksonville via Baltimore
Grimaldi Lines last year announced a new cargo-passenger service between Civitavecchia (for Rome) and Baltimore, which has now been extended to Jacksonville, Florida..
Grimaldi is offering service between Civitavecchia and Jacksonville on ships carrying cargo including new automobiles for Fiat-Chrysler, including the Jeep Renegade. It may be possible later to book accompanied privately-owned vehicles as well. These ships carry up to twelve passengers each, the maximum allowed on a cargo ship.
One-way North Atlantic fares for 2016-17 are as follows:
The duration of each voyage is about 11 days to Baltimore (14 days to Jacksonville) and there is a sailing about every 11 days. A new schedule has now been released, with departures from Civitavecchia as follows): May 25, June 8 & 30, July 5 & 19, August 2, 16 & 30, Sept 13, Oct 1, 15 & 28
These ships feature an Owners cabin and five Inside cabins.
For further details on booking a voyage on Grimaldi Lines or any other cargo-passenger service please contact Miri Lopusna at The Cruise People Ltd in London on +44 (0)20 7723 2450 or e-mail [email protected] .
Filed under Cargo Ships , Uncategorized Tagged with cargo ship voyages , cargo-passenger service , freighter cruises , freighter travel , Grimaldi Freighter Cruises , Grimaldi Lines , transatlantic voyages
Sea Travel News and Views
- Bergen To Toronto Direct Via The North Atlantic
- Holland America Line, Rotterdam to New York
- The 100-Passenger St Helena Sets Off Around South America on : August 3, 2022 – Algeciras, Panama City, Antofagasta, Montevideo, Algeciras (about 77 days, One-Way Voyages Available)
- Cunard Line’s 2022 North Atlantic Schedule Includes Queen Mary 2 And Special Voyage By The Queen Elizabeth To Port Everglades
- Europe To USA: Weekly Cargo-Passenger Service Resumes In July: Antwerp, Southampton And Cork To Chester PA (Philadelphia) And Wilmington NC
- P&O’s Arcadia Sets Sail From Southampton To Sydney, Brisbane And Auckland On January 3, 2023
- Sailings From Singapore To Sydney And Return Sailings From Sydney To Singapore
- Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 Offers Last-Minute Sailing From Southampton To New York In February
- Maiden European Season of The Celebrity Beyond
- In The Daily Telegraph: Cross The Atlantic On A Cargo Ship
- Good News For Cruising: In Two Or Three Weeks, Omicron Will Have Peaked
- Voyage To Paradise On Aranui 5 – ITV, 9 pm GMT Tonight, 13th January 2022
- Cargo Ships Begin To Re-open Passenger Cabins
- Celebrity Cruises From Southampton 2022
- Cunard’s Queen Elizabeth To Sail From Southampton To Vancouver Via Panama This Spring
- Queen Mary 2 To Make December 2021 And January 2022 Atlantic Crossings To / From New York
- Albatros Expeditions – A Voyage Of A Lifetime To Antarctica – Up To 25% Off For March 2022 Season Of Ocean Victory
- Australia – Important Travel Update For Clients
- Passengers Travel By Sea; Meet Pets On The Other Side
- “Around The World In 80 days,” With Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines
- Exclusive Offer – 5 % off Seacation UK Summertime Cruises
- Update On Cargo Ship Travel – And Rail Alternatives
- Take a Seacation Cruise Ex-UK This Summer Of 2021 – No Quarantine Reqired
- The Best UK -Based “Cruises to Somewhere” This Summer: On Board Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises And Royal Caribbean
- The Cruise People Will Offer Australian Liner Voyages Until Container Ships Return
- Princess Cruises Announces UK Coastal Cruises For This Summer
- UK-Based Cruising Poised To Make A Post-Covid Come-Back
- The Joy of Solo Travel – Expedition Voyages With No Single Supplement And Solo Transatlantic For Less !
- CMA CGM Europe-Australia Service Returns In January 2022
- Valentine’s Day In Times Of Coronavirus And Lockdowns – Here’s To Life And Love!
- English Holiday Cruises’ Edward Elgar Offers A Comfortable Alternative Cruise In These Covid Days
- Enlist For Adventure: Take A Working Ship Voyage In 2021
- ACL Delays Re-Opening North Atlantic Passenger Service Until Late 2020; Remaining Capacity Is Limited So Act Now To Sail This Year!
- NSB’s Conti Annapurna Allows Easy ESTA Entry To The USA From Far East Ports In China, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong
- Freighter Voyages Still On Offer Despite Present Virus Outbreak
- Polsteam Now Has Seventeen Passenger-Carrying Lakers Trading Between Europe And The Great Lakes
- Changes For The Ten Ships On CMA CGM’s “Down Under” Cargo-Passenger Trades Between Australia And Asia
- Direct Europe-Australia Cargo-Passenger Service Is Back With Four Ships From CMA CGM : UK / Europe / Med / Mauritius / Australia
- Zim Ontario And Zim San Francisco Renamed Ontario II And San Francisco II And Now Trading Australia-Asia
- Enjoy The Ultimate Sailing Experience: A Transatlantic Crossing With Star Clippers – Las Palmas To St Maarten £1,391 pp (November 2020) and St Maarten to Malaga £1,437 pp (March 2021)
- Now That Ponant Includes Paul Gauguin, Save Up To $2,400 Per Stateroom From Tahiti Next Month or in January or February 2020
- Two More Great Lakes Sailings From Amsterdam/IJmuiden For 2019, Plus An Eastbound Sailing From Montreal to Ghent.
- Who Remembers The Volcanic Ash Cloud of April 2010, When For A Time There Were No Flights Across The Atlantic?
- Australia Or New Zealand: If You Are Planning To Sail There By Cargo Ship In 2020, This Is What You Need To Know
The Cruise People on Twitter
- July 2023 (1)
- September 2022 (1)
- July 2022 (1)
- March 2022 (2)
- February 2022 (1)
- January 2022 (6)
- December 2021 (1)
- November 2021 (1)
- October 2021 (4)
- September 2021 (1)
- August 2021 (1)
- July 2021 (3)
- April 2021 (1)
- March 2021 (4)
- February 2021 (2)
- August 2020 (1)
- July 2020 (1)
- May 2020 (2)
- March 2020 (1)
- December 2019 (4)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2019 (1)
- September 2019 (1)
- July 2019 (2)
- June 2019 (1)
- April 2019 (2)
- March 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (2)
- November 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (4)
- September 2018 (2)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (4)
- June 2018 (5)
- May 2018 (4)
- April 2018 (8)
- March 2018 (4)
- February 2018 (6)
- January 2018 (6)
- December 2017 (7)
- November 2017 (4)
- October 2017 (12)
- September 2017 (7)
- August 2017 (9)
- July 2017 (6)
- June 2017 (8)
- May 2017 (11)
- April 2017 (5)
- March 2017 (10)
- February 2017 (6)
- January 2017 (8)
- December 2016 (6)
- November 2016 (6)
- October 2016 (6)
- September 2016 (10)
- August 2016 (11)
- July 2016 (6)
- June 2016 (8)
- May 2016 (8)
- April 2016 (10)
- March 2016 (6)
- February 2016 (6)
- January 2016 (5)
- December 2015 (7)
- November 2015 (8)
- October 2015 (2)
- September 2015 (7)
- August 2015 (10)
- July 2015 (7)
- June 2015 (6)
- May 2015 (5)
- April 2015 (10)
- March 2015 (12)
- February 2015 (8)
- January 2015 (5)
- December 2014 (8)
- November 2014 (8)
- October 2014 (10)
- September 2014 (13)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (8)
- June 2014 (13)
- May 2014 (5)
- April 2014 (6)
- March 2014 (7)
- February 2014 (7)
- January 2014 (8)
- December 2013 (7)
- November 2013 (7)
- October 2013 (7)
- September 2013 (4)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (7)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (6)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (11)
- January 2013 (5)
- December 2012 (7)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (9)
- August 2012 (6)
- July 2012 (7)
- June 2012 (9)
- May 2012 (7)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (9)
- February 2012 (9)
- January 2012 (8)
- December 2011 (6)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (7)
- September 2011 (7)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (11)
- May 2011 (10)
- April 2011 (8)
- March 2011 (5)
Blog at WordPress.com.
- Already have a WordPress.com account? Log in now.
- Follow Following
- Report this content
- View site in Reader
- Manage subscriptions
- Collapse this bar
- North South of Italy
- Long Bridge
Maritime connections to transport lorries and trucks, semi-trailers, tractor trailers, containers, project cargo, refrigerated goods and dangerous goods. Transport of exceptional convoys
Respect for the environment, speed and punctuality, driver safety, cargo safety.
Founded in 1947, today Grimaldi Lines is a leader in the maritime transport sector with one of the world’s largest fleets of ro/ro ships for the transport of trucks, tractor trailers, and exceptional vehicles. Thanks to the use of these vessels, a vast network of connections has been developed over the last few years, the “Motorways of the Sea”, offering maritime transport services between Italy, Spain, Greece, Tunisia, Malta and Morocco. The goal is to provide transport and logistics operators with competitive and efficient solutions that offer safety, reliability, punctuality and savings, which have always been requirements of the global market.
Thanks to their modern construction technology and flexible hold capacity, the Grimaldi Lines ships can transport exceptional convoys over long di stances, offering customers reliable and competitive solutions that can move their vehicles.
Request your Driver Card
Download Brochure Cargo Services
- AFRICA CARGO TRAVEL
- AMERICA CARGO TRAVEL
- MIDDLE EAST CARGO TRAVEL
- AUSTRALIA CARGO TRAVEL
- BAHAMAS CARGO TRAVEL
- BARBADOS CARGO TRAVEL
- BELGIUM CARGO TRAVEL
- BOLIVIA CARGO TRAVEL
- BRAZIL CARGO TRAVEL
- CANADA CARGO TRAVEL
- CHILE CARGO TRAVEL
- CHINA CARGO TRAVEL
- COLOMBIA CARGO TRAVEL
- COSTARICA CARGO TRAVEL
- CUBA CARGO TRAVEL
- CYPRUS CARGO TRAVEL
- DENMARK CARGO TRAVEL
- AUSTRALASIA CARGO TRAVEL
- CARIBBEAN CARGO TRAVEL
- CENTRAL AMERICA CARGO TRAVEL
- DUBAI CARGO TRAVEL
- ECUADOR CARGO TRAVEL
- EGYPT CARGO TRAVEL
- FIJI CARGO TRAVEL
- FINLAND CARGO TRAVEL
- FRANCE CARGO TRAVEL
- GERMANY CARGO TRAVEL
- GREECE CARGO TRAVEL
- HAITI CARGO TRAVEL
- ICELAND CARGO TRAVEL
- INDIA CARGO TRAVEL
- INDONESIA CARGO TRAVEL
- ISRAEL CARGO TRAVEL
- ITALY CARGO TRAVEL
- JAMAICA CARGO TRAVEL
- EUROPE CARGO TRAVEL
- FAR EAST CARGO TRAVEL
- JAPAN CARGO TRAVEL
- KUWAIT CARGO TRAVEL
- MALAYSIA CARGO TRAVEL
- MEXICO CARGO TRAVEL
- MOROCCO CARGO TRAVEL
- NEW-ZEALAND CARGO TRAVEL
- NORWAY CARGO TRAVEL
- PANAMA CARGO TRAVEL
- PARAGUAY CARGO TRAVEL
- PERU CARGO TRAVEL
- PHILIPPINES CARGO TRAVEL
- RUSSIA CARGO TRAVEL
- SAOUDI ARABIA CARGO TRAVEL
- SINGAPORE CARGO TRAVEL
- SOUTH AFRICA CARGO TRAVEL
- NORTH AMERICA CARGO TRAVEL
- SOUTH AMERICA CARGO TRAVEL
- SOUTH KOREA CARGO TRAVEL
- SPAIN CARGO TRAVEL
- SWEDEN CARGO TRAVEL
- THAILAND CARGO TRAVEL
- TURKEY CARGO TRAVEL
- UAE CARGO TRAVEL
- UK CARGO TRAVEL
- URUGUAY CARGO TRAVEL
- USA CARGO TRAVEL
- VENEZUELA CARGO TRAVEL
- VIETAM CARGO TRAVEL
- BUSINESS CARGO TRAVEL
- COUPLES CARGO TRAVEL
- EXPEDITION CARGO TRAVEL
- AFRICA CARGO CRUISE
- ANTARTICA CARGO CRUISE
- ASIA CARGO CRUISE
- LONG TERM CARGO TRAVEL
- SENIOR CARGO TRAVEL
- STUDENT CARGO TRAVEL
- AUSTRALIA CARGO CRUISE
- EUROPE CARGO CRUISE
- NORTH AMERICA CARGO CRUISE
- SOUTH AMERICA CARGO CRUISE
- SINGLE TRAVELLER CARGO TRAVEL
- CARGO SHIP VIDEOS
HOW TO BOOK
- CARGOHOLIDAYS FREIGHTER AGENCY
- PASSENGER CABINS
- PEAK SEASON CARGO SHIP CRUISES
- LIFE ON A CONTAINER SHIP
- CARGO SHIP VESSEL LIST
- LAST MINUTE CARGO SHIP
- FREIGHTER CRUISES CABINS
- FREIGHTER CRUISES TO EUROPE
- CRUISE AROUND THE WORLD
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FROM USA
- CARGO TRAVEL PORTS LIST
- TRAVEL BY CARGO SHIP FOR FREE
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FARES
- TRAVEL FROM SOUTHAMPTON
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL CHEAP
- CHEAP CARGO CRUISE
- GRIMALDI FREIGHTER CRUISES
- CARGO TRAVEL TO ANY DESTINATION
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FROM UK TO ASIA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FROM EUROPE
- CARGO SHIP ACCOMODATION
Cargo ship cruises prices for 2023 season
Every year about Cargo ship cruises prices for 2023 season, about a billion tourists worldwide embark on a journey of relaxation or diversion, to ‘lose themselves’ or alternately, to ‘find themselves’. The motivations for travelling are manifold. In any case, the results are sure to provide many new impressions and plenty of material for conversations. If you want to spruce up your travel for Cargo ship cruises prices reports with some unusual experiences, why not try an unconventional method of travelling and hop on as a passenger on a cargo ship? Although you won’t find luxury on a freighter , comfort is not completely out of reach. In fact, it’s not uncommon for these gigantic ships to offer a swimming pool, sun deck, library or bar for Cargo ship cruises. The cabins are often quite well equipped, too – with a bit of luck, you might even get one with a mini fridge and a TV or video device. Washers and dryers are available to the crew and guests as well. The ‘entertainment program’ is provided by the everyday goings-on. After all, passengers are usually allowed to move about freely on the ship , with the exception of the cargo hold, engine room and kitchen.
Freighter travel is more expensive than flying (fares range from $65 -$130 per person per day, depending on the freighter company you travel with) about Cargo ship cruises prices, but it’s a life-changing experience. Freighter boats travel the same seas as do their luxurious sisters in cruise lines, like Cunard, but there the boat travel similarities only begin for Cargo ship cruises prices for 2023 season . Because of the length of freighter boat trips (Long Beach, California to Tokyo generally takes about 13 days) about ship cruises prices, you’ll have time to strike up friendships and possibly meet travelers returning home — your destination area — who can become contacts and give you valuable travel tips for ship cruises. See More See More See More See More See More See More See More See More See More See More See More
CGMA CGM CARGO
MAERSK CARGO TRAVEL
CARGO INSIDER TRAVEL
TEN BIGGEST CARGO
10 LARGEST SHIPING COMPANY
DISCOVER INDIA 2
AS THE CAPTAIN
AMERICA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
SOUTH AMERICA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
AFRICA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
AUSTRALASIA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
CENTRAL AMERICA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
CARRIBEAN CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
NORTH AMERICA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
- Recent Posts
Latest posts by steve joury ( see all ).
- Salalah cargo cruises travel - December 12, 2022
- Guangxi Beibu cargo cruises travel - December 12, 2022
- Dongguan cargo cruises travel - December 12, 2022
Login To Our Booking System!
Forum / Discussion
Find Travel Advice from Travellers and Cargo Enthousiasts
FIND A NEW HORIZON
CARGO CRUISE AT THE BEST RATE
Guangxi beibu cargo cruises travel, dongguan cargo cruises travel, salalah cargo cruises travel, santos cargo cruises travel, colon cargo cruises travel, data-trpgettextoriginal=categorías.
- CARGO CRUISE
- CARGO SHIP ACCOMMODATION
- CARGO SHIP CABINS
- CARGO SHIP FOOD
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL AUSTRALIA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL BOOKING
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL DEALS
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FRANCE
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL INDIA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL NEW YORK
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL SOUTH AMERICA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL TO AFRICA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL UK
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL USA
- CARGO SHIP TRAVEL VISAS
- CHEAP CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
- FREIGHTER TRAVEL
- LAST MINUTE CARGO SHIP TRAVEL
- LIVING ON A CONTAINER SHIP
- TRAVEL BY CARGO SHIP FREE
Jeddah cargo cruises travel
Foshan cargo cruises travel
Rizhao cargo cruises travel
Tokyo cargo cruises travel
Savannah cargo cruises travel
FIND BEST UK CARGO PORT THAT SUIT YOU
Travelling by cargo ship is a fascinating way to see the world. SEE MORE DESTINATIONS LIVE CHAT FIND HOLIDAYS CALL US +44 020 8032 6945 DESTINATIONS ASK THE CAPTAIN ABOUT US HOW TO BOOK ENQUIRE BLOG CONTACT US CARGO EXPEDITIONS GRIMALDI TRAVEL CLASSIC SAILLING CARGOHOLIDAYS FREIGHTER AGENCY PASSENGER CABINS PEAK SEASON CARGO SHIP CRUISES LIFE ON A CONTAINER SHIP GRIMALDI FREIGHTER CRUISES CARGO TRAVEL TO ANY DESTINATION CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FROM UK TO ASIA CARGO SHIP TRAVEL FROM EUROPE CARGO SHIP ACCOMODATION CARGO VESSEL LIST CARGO SHIP TRAVEL PORT LIST CHARTER A YACHT CHARTER A JET CARGO SEA LOGISTICS CAR SHIPPING LOGISTIC CAR SHIPPING USA FORUM / HELP LIVE CHAT VIMEO
- STAY CONNECTED
© 2020 All rights reserved CARGOHOLIDAYS a Mlkcorporate Group : development Muovi and Cybermetrix .
Thank you for your Enquiry, we will contact you very Shortly!
- Agency space
- The Company
- Environmental impact
- Work with us
One family for one group
The Grimaldi Group, entirely owned by the Grimaldi family, was founded in 1947 and is a multinational integrated logistics company, specializing in the maritime transport of cars, rolling stock, containers and passengers.
For over sixty years the Grimaldi Group has been a very important company at international level for maritime transport of goods and passengers, a pioneer of Motorways of the Sea.
With regard to the passenger offer, the Group’s activity dates back to the second post-war period on the Mediterranean-South America and Mediterranean-North America route; today the passenger offer has diversified with three different brands, each dedicated to a different destination: Grimaldi Lines in the Mediterranean Sea, Minoan Lines on lines to/from Greece fron Ancona, Finnlines in the Baltic Sea and Trasmed for Balearic Islands.
Currently Grimaldi Lines carries out maritime connections in Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece, Tunisia.
The Grimaldi Group’s mission is to provide efficient, reliable, innovative and high quality services for the maritime transport of goods and passengers, pursuing a constant process of identifying the needs and expectations of its customers. The Group is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence, social responsibility and transport solutions that promote environmentally sustainable mobility.
A modern fleet
All Grimaldi Lines routes are operated by modern ferry boats , with an average age of only 10 years. The ships used , including the four new flagship cruise ferries , are of new generation, with high comfort, fast and safe. They are furnished with care to every detail: armchairs; internal and external cabins; suite with TV, radio and minibar; and equipped with many quality services: restaurants, bars, wellness center, casino and outdoor spaces with swimming pools, solarium and fast food area.
Line operation and destinations of great tourist interest
Grimaldi Lines offers a network of maritime connections to/from the most beautiful locations in Sardinia , Siciliy , Spain , Greece , Tunisia . With us the journey begins on board and continues with the discover of tourist itineraries of great interest in the Mediterranean Sea. In addition, to the proposals of our Tour Operator, it is possible to combine the maritime offer with a hotel stay and to get to know lands rich in history, culture and traditions and the most hidden corners of suggestive seaside resorts.
Saving and attentiveness to the Client
We guarantee particularly competitive rates , intedend for all those who wish to travel at reasonable prices, with the advantage of also bringing their own vehicle or a pet. Special rates are dedicated to residents and natives in Sardinia and Sicily, for children up to 12 years of age and for seniors (over 60).
- Press and media
- Accessible Tourism
- Request Invoice
- Payment methods
For more information, click here
Civilian Ship From Former US Colony 'Damaged' After Russian Missile Strike
Posted: November 9, 2023 | Last updated: November 9, 2023
Ukraine's military has accused Russia of striking a Liberian-flagged civilian commercial ship on the Black Sea, killing one person and injuring four, including three Philippine citizens.
Russia "insidiously launched an anti-radar missile Kh-31P" toward one of the Ukraine's Odesa region's seaports from its tactical aviation airplanes in the Black Sea, "continuing its terror against civil shipping," Ukraine's southern military command said on its Telegram channel late on Wednesday, publishing images showing damage to the vessel.
Russia has attacked Ukrainian port infrastructure on multiple occasions since pulling out of the historic Black Sea Grain Initiative in July. The deal allowed the safe exports of Ukraine's grain and agricultural products to global markets.
Russia has warned that ships traveling in the Black Sea to Ukraine's ports may be considered military targets
"The missile hit the superstructure of a civilian vessel under the flag of Liberia, at the moment of its entry into the port," Ukraine's military said.
Ukraine Infrastructure Minister Oleksandr Kubrakov said in a statement on Facebook that the vessel was supposed to transport iron ore to China, and added that Russia has launched 21 attacks on port infrastructure since withdrawing from the grain deal.
"During this time, the terrorist country damaged more than 160 infrastructure facilities and 122 vehicles," Kubrakov said.
Yoruk Isik, head of the Bosphorus Observer consultancy, told Reuters the vessel was the Kmax Ruler , a dry bulk vessel. It was in the port of Pivdennyi loading iron when it was struck, he said.
Russia hasn't commented on the accusations. Newsweek has contacted Russia's Foreign Ministry for comment via email.
Britain's Defense Ministry said in late July that Russia repositioned its Black Sea Fleet following the termination of the grain deal, and that there is the potential for an increase in violence in the area .
British intelligence said in September that Ukraine's air defenses thwarted Russia from striking a Liberian-flagged civilian cargo ship at a port in Ukraine's Odesa region in the Black Sea weeks earlier.
That vessel was targeted by Russia's military with "multiple missiles" on August 24, the U.K.'s Foreign Office said in a statement. The missiles, which included two Kalibr cruise missiles fired from a Black Sea Fleet missile carrier, were "successfully shot down" by Ukraine's defenses, it said.
"This attack followed U.S. government warnings that the Russian military may launch attacks against civilian shipping in the Black Sea," the U.K. said. "Thanks to Ukraine's air defense, the attack on the civilian ship failed. Not one of the Kalibr missiles reached its intended target."
Do you have a tip on a world-news story that Newsweek should be covering? Do you have a question about the Russia-Ukraine war? Let us know via [email protected].
- Ukraine's Armored Vehicles Have Reached Dnieper East Bank in Kherson: ISW
- Putin Ally Killed in Car Bomb Attack in Occupied Luhansk
- ATACMS Strike on Russian Command Center 'Killed Three Colonels': Report
- Putin Struggling to Pronounce Ally Leader's Name Raises Eyebrows
Start your unlimited Newsweek trial
More for You
Republican Pushes to Overturn Ohio Election Result
Krispy Kreme is giving customers a dozen free doughnuts on World Kindness Day
SoCal housing is so unaffordable that billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott has made yet another multi-million dollar donation to fix the problem
Matt Ulrich, former Colts Super Bowl champ, dies at 41
Putin ally known as 'the Executioner' killed in Ukraine-planned car bombing: 'it was our operation'
Human eyeball successfully transplanted for the first time
Judge Chutkan Strikes Blow Against Donald Trump
I’m a Chef: Here Are 10 Things I Love To Buy at Costco Every Month
Pastor's suicide brings grief, warnings of the dangers of outing amid erosion of LGBTQ+ rights
100 cruise passengers injured, some "flung to the floor" as ship hits storm
California middle-class families hit with $26K cost-of-living penalty: Report
Putin death rumours intensify after his 'successor' refers to him in past tense
Letters to the Editor: Gavin Newsom's poll numbers should come as no surprise
60 Crave-Worthy Recipes with Crescent Rolls
Commanders HC Ron Rivera responds to Chase Young’s shot at former team
Mother takes son to US for life saving treatment
The Most Beautiful Places in All 50 States
Israel Discovers Never-Before-Seen Weapons In Gaza
DeSantis blasts Trump for not having Mexico pay for border wall, while Haley says 45th president ‘put us $8 trillion in debt’
Macy’s just dropped thousands of early Black Friday deals! Up to 79% off puffers, toys, more
Cruise Roma ferry
Cruise line GRIMALDI LINES (Ferries)
Cruise Roma ferry current position
Cruise Roma ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 41.89028 N / 11.07092 E) cruising at speed of 20.7 kn (38 km/h | 24 mph) en route to Civitavecchia-Rome. The AIS position was reported 9 minutes ago.
Specifications of Cruise Roma ferry
Cruise Roma ferry Review
Review of cruise roma ferry.
Cruise Roma ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Italy-based company GRIMALDI LINES . The ship has a max capacity of 2874 passengers and 215 cars (or 211 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the Italy-Spain ferry route Civitavecchia (Rome) - Porto Torres (Sardinia) - Barcelona (crossing time 20 hours).
As cruise ferry, Cruise Roma has 479 cabins (of which 68 Suites - 50x Junior, 18x Owner) with a total of 1200 berths. All staterooms are air-conditioned, soundproof, with en-suite bathrooms (toilet/shower/washbasin, hairdryer), lower and upper bunk beds (wall-mounted), bedside table/cabinet with stool or chair, mirrored vanity (small writing table with chair or stool), phone, wall-mounted reading lamps. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
Outside cabins are with bay window. Suites additionally offer as amenities TV (satellite reception), mini-bar / refrigerator, double bed, bedside cabinets. 2-seater / 3-seater sofa, armchairs, wardrobe.
Two staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (cabins adapted for disabled passengers). Suite passengers receive as bonus amenities free entry to the wellness center (fitness and wet area) and complimentary Breakfast (also in-cabin / upon request). The boat additionally offers a total of 150 reclining seats (aircraft-type seats in reserved seating lounges) available for pre-booking.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Cruise Roma ship offers:
- The ship has two main restaurants - A La Carte Restaurant and Self-Service (Buffet) Restaurant. Both venues feature panoramic (floor-ceiling) windows and are suitable for quick meals prepared by Italian master chefs. Personalized menus are also available, offering dishes made with gluten-free products. Booking onboard dining in advance (online) offers up to 50% off the onboard prices.
- Onboard dining includes 3 restaurant menus (Standard, Business, Premium) each with fixed (per person) prices for Breakfast and Lunch-Dinner.
- Premium menu is served at the A La Carte Restaurant only. It includes 1 starter, 1 first course meal, 1-second course meal, 1 side dish, 1 dessert (or fruits), 1 drink (0,5 L bottled water or 330 ml domestic beer or 370 ml wine / non-alcoholic beverage).
- Standard and Business menus are served at the Buffet Restaurant only.
- Standard menu includes Breakfast (1 hot drink, 1 croissant (or 2 butter and jam sandwiches), 1 glass of fruit juice), Lunch (1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side dish, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 drink / 0,5 L bottled water or 330 ml domestic beer or 250 ml wine / non-alcoholic beverage) and Dinner (1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 drink).
- Business menu includes Breakfast (1 hot drink, 1 glass of fruit juice, 2 butter and jam sandwiches or 1 croissant + 1 yogurt), Lunch (1 appetizer, 1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 dessert, 1 drink / 0,5 L bottled water or 330 ml domestic beer or 250 ml wine / non-alcoholic beverage) and Dinner (1 appetizer, 1 first course, 1 main course, 1 side, 1 bread, 1 seasonal fruit, 1 dessert, 1 drink).
- Snack Bar / Cafeteria is open year-round and sells sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks.
- Smaila's Club (capacity 550 seats) is the ship's Main Lounge with comfortable seating (sofas, armchairs), dance floor and live music entertainment.
- Conference Centre (total capacity 300 seats) consists of big-capacity and well-equipped conference rooms for organizing group meetings and congresses at sea. Meeting rooms are fitted with comfortable armchairs, speaker stand, large TVs, audio-video and simultaneous translation (language interpretation) equipment. Technical support and specialized services are provided.
- Children's Room is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large TV (for watching cartoons), bean bags, small tables with chairs, toys, games, indoor playhouse, ball pool pit, supervised activities.
- The Sun Deck has Solarium area with a heated swimming pool (open only during summer months), sunbathing area (sun loungers, deckchairs), outdoor seating (small tables and chairs). It is served by an outdoor pool bar (fast food, snacks, cocktails, beer, soft drinks). As highspeed ferry, the ship's sundeck area is protected from winds by transparent glass walls.
- The ship also has Disco (glass-dome covered nightclub), Casino (fully-equipped with gaming tables and slot machines), Video Games Room (arcade machines), Internet Cafe, VIP Room (private parties),
- There are two Reserved Seating Lounges (Economy-Class, Club-Class) fitted with comfortable Pullman seats (fully-reclining armchairs) and large TVs. There are also two Truck Driver lounges (exclusive restaurant and bar lounge).
- Onboard shopping options include several retail shops (boutiques and Mini-Market) selling at discount prices alcohol (spirits, wines), tobaccos, premium-brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, fashion clothing and accessories, footwear, designer watches, handbags, sunglasses, personal hygiene products, travel essentials, confectionery, snacks, toys, books, magazines, electronics and gadgets, special occasion gifts and souvenirs.
- (Lobby Deck) ATM/cash machine is located next to the Reception (Information Desk). Onboard Wi-Fi service is paid. WiFi packages can be purchased online (upon ferry bookings) or on the ship (at the Reception). WiFi service is available on all GRIMALDI ships.
- Children's Room is a kids-dedicated indoor playground equipped with a large TV (for watching cartoons), bean bags, small tables with chairs, toys, games, indoor playhouse, supervised activities.
- Wellness Center (on the sisterships Roma, Barcelona , Europa , Olympia ) consists of Spa Reception, Spa Lounge, saunas, locker rooms, steam room (Turkish bath), round-shaped jacuzzi pool, relaxation area (with loungers), 2 massage rooms, facial lamps, solar showers, shop (for beauty products), outdoor sundeck area (with loungers and low tables), Beauty Parlor (Salon), Fitness (large gym with latest Technogym equipment). Wellness Center can be visited only by adults and teenagers (14 to 18 years old) accompanied by adults.
The ship's top-deck is a Heli Deck with a helipad (helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency).
The vessel offers plenty of outdoor deck space. Infirmary (ship hospital) provides 24-hour nurse service.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In cases of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
GRIMALDI ferry and cruise deals
As on cruise ships, all Grimaldi ferries offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Some suites are with private balconies.
Occasionally, the largest Grimaldi ships are also used for Mediterranean mini-cruises - especially during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Each crossing can be customized, and specifically themed by travel agencies and event organizers thanks to GRIMALDI ships' large-sized event spaces that can be differently adapted according to specific requests. Among the most popular theme cruises, GRIMALDI offers voyages themed on sports, art, culture, history, music, religion.
- On the Rome-Barcelona routes, 2-day mini-cruise deals are offered.
- By the company's "Ad hoc" programs are organized religion-themed cruises for small and large groups of pilgrims. The itineraries allow pilgrimages from Italy (Civitavecchia-Rome and Porto Torres Sardinia) to Spain (Barcelona, tour to Sagrada Familia), France (Lourdes, tour to Grotto of Lourdes) and Carcassonne (Cathedral, Basilica of St Nazaire and St Celse).
- GRIMALDI FREIGHTER CLUB is reserved for all ferry passengers with minimum 2 crossings on GRIMALDI LINES ships. Club membership allows 5% Freighter Travel discount on the price.
- The ferry company offers group travel discount rates and for all types of passenger groups (minimum 20 people / with or without vehicles), including students, sports fans, religious groups, campers, music bands, etc.
- GRIMALDI's "Nave Piu Hotel" ("Ferry and Hotel") packages are offered for the Italian islands Sardinia and Sicily. The program is via partnerships with local hotels, villages, and residences.
- Shuttle bus service (between Naples and Civitavecchia-Rome) is offered for all daily departures, excepting Sundays. The bus ticket price is EUR 24 pp (each way), added to the ferry ticket price. The shuttle bus ticket can be purchased with the ferry ticket or on the ship. The shuttle service is subject to change and availability. Departure from Naples is at 4 pm (bus boarding starts at 3.30 pm) at Piazza Angioino / in front Stazione Marittima. Departure from Civitavecchia is at 8.30 pm (bus boarding starts at 8 pm) from the port.
GRIMALDI company offers the following discounted ferry travel deals:
- 20% discount for early bookings and departures (January through April 30th) for Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece.
- 20% discount on the routes to and from Palermo Sicily (bookings and departures, January through April 30th).
- 20% discount on bookings that include departure within 7 days after booking. The offer is valid on ferries to Sardinia, Spain and the Livorno-Palermo route (January through April 30th).
- 20% discount for senior travelers (passengers over 60s. The offer includes Inside Cabin with no single supplement. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) 20% discount on campers is offered on return crossings from Barcelona to Civitavecchia and Porto Torres.
- (Greece) 20% discount is offered on return tickets (low season departures) on the Italy-Greece routes Brindisi-Igoumenitsa, Brindisi-Corfu and Brindisi-Patras. This low-season discount is also available on the reverse routes (from Greece to Italy).
- (Tunisia) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Tunisia and Tunisia-Italy routes.
- (Morocco) 20% discount is offered on the return ticket on Italy-Morocco and Morocco-Italy routes.
- (Greece) 30% discount is offered on low-season crossings from Italy to Greece with combined Grimaldi Lines and Minoan Lines bookings.
- 50% discount for kids 2 to from 2 to 12 years old and 100% discount (kids travel for free) for toddlers up to 2 years old. These offers are for a maximum of 2 kids per cabin and can't be combined with the "Superfamily and Friends" offer. Both offers are for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% discount (kids travel for free) for children up to 12 years old is offered on all lines to and from Sicily Island. The offer is for roundtrips and subject to availability.
- 100% "SARDI DOC" discount (free car or motorbike in tow) and single cabin (no supplement) is offered for Sardinia Island natives and residents. Same goes for the 100% "SICILIANI DOC" discount (for Sicily Island natives and residents). These special offers are limited and subject to availability.
- (early booking through April 30th) 100% discount for cars is offered on the routes from Civitavecchia to Sardinia (Olbia and Porto Torres) for year-round departures. The offer can be combined with SARDI DOC (Sardinia resident discount rate).
- 100% discount on cars and motorbikes are offered on return crossings from Spain to Italy (not on all departures).
- (Spain) Special rates on Wednesday departures are offered on the Civitavecchia-Barcelona and Barcelona-Civitavecchia routes. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- (Spain) Special rates for couples (2 passengers booked in the same stateroom) are offered on routes to and from Spain. The offer is limited and subject to availability.
- Special rates for kids and children up to 12 years of age are offered on all routes connecting Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Tunisia, Morocco, Greece.
- (Spain) "Superfamily and Friends" discount rates are offered for 4 passengers booked in the same cabin. The offer is valid for 2 full-paying adults (3rd and 4th passengers travel for free) on return crossings from Spain to Italy. "Superfamily and Friends" rate can be combined with other discounts and special rates on offer.
Note: Fixed fees (port charges, Government taxes) are excluded from discount fares.
The "Weekend a Bordo" (Weekend onboard) program gives passengers the opportunity to spend the weekend in Barcelona (Saturday to Tuesday. GRIMALDI's "Hotel on board" formula allows the ferries Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona to be used as hotel ships during the Barcelona port stop on Sunday.
- Saturday (0 midnight) - a departure from Civitavecchia (Rome)
- Sunday (8 pm) arrival in Barcelona, free-time city exploration, stateroom (overnight stay on the ferry)
- Monday - free-time city exploration, Barcelona departure 10:15 pm
- Tuesday (7 pm) - arrival in Civitavecchia (Rome)
- While on the ship (during the crossing) passengers can take advantage of all shipboard services and services (including spa, gym, casino, solarium, swimming pool, live music and entertainment, bars, lounges, restaurants).
GRIMALDI also offers honeymoon cruises at most affordable prices.
- Ferry fares are inclusive of Junior Suite cabin, roundtrip ferry cruise (for 2 passengers and 1 car), free entry to the ship's wellness center (plus 1 free spa treatment per person / "Back and Neck" massage), meals (dinner at the ship's restaurant), port fees and taxes, in-cabin dining (Breakfast, complimentary fruits and sparkling wine).
- All these price-inclusive services and amenities are available in both directions (outward and return crossings).
- Honeymoon ferry cruise deals are offered on the ships Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona, with prices per couple EUR 640 (low season), EUR 740 (mid-season) and EUR 920 (high season).
Pets on the ship
Traveling with pets / domestic animals are allowed on all GRIMALDI ships. For dogs and cats are available dedicated onboard lodgings. Other animals (rabbits, birds, hamsters, etc) must be in passenger-owned carriers.
- Animals are not allowed in staterooms, seating lounges, bar lounges, and all public rooms. Animals are allowed only on outer decks, where they can be walked by their owners.
- During ferry booking, passengers have to select "Pet up to 6 kg" for animals traveling in pet cages and not requiring kennels. The "Pet over 6 kg" option is for animals needing onboard kennel (which must be booked in advance).
- During the crossing, animals are nourished by the owners. Water is provided by the crew. Animals must be maintained by the owners, who are obliged to remove excrements or any other uncleannesses produced by the animal.
Visually impaired passengers travel with their guide dogs at no extra cost. Guide dogs are allowed in the cabin. Disabled passengers or those with reduced mobility can also be accompanied by assistance dogs.
As freight, GRIMALDI ships allow transportation of semi-trailers, lorries (with or without drivers), cars, motorcycles (only as freight, without drivers), caravans, camper vans (without drivers), cargo containers, mobile machinery, boats (on cradle), industrial products.
Follows a list of car decks-related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Grimaldi Lines ( fleet , 1999-founded, headquartered in Civitavecchia-Rome ) is an Italian ferry company operating exclusively on Mediterranean shipping routes connecting mainland Italy with Sardinia, Sicily, Spain, Greece, Morocco, and Tunisia.
Cruise Roma ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of cruise roma ferry.
Cruise Roma ferry ship related cruise news
VIDEO: Fincantieri Uses ALE Technology for Ferry Stretches
The lengthening of a pair of Grimaldi Group cruise ferries by Fincantieri’s shipyard in Palermo, Italy, earlier this year was accomplished via...
Grimaldi Cruise Ferry Suffers Propeller Breakdown
Cruise Roma ferry (owned by GRIMALDI LINES) has suffered portside propeller breakdown (propeller shaft, reportedly) early morning December 8...
- show more news
Other GRIMALDI LINES cruise ships
- Catania ferry
- Cruise Ausonia ferry
- Cruise Barcelona ferry
- Cruise Bonaria ferry
- Cruise Olbia ferry
- Cruise Smeralda ferry
- Euroferry Egnazia
- Euroferry Olympia
- Florencia ferry
- Mykonos Palace ferry
- Zeus Palace ferry
Cruise Roma ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched on June 22, 2007, and delivered to GRIMALDI GROUP in January 2008. It is the first in a 4-ship series, with sisterships Cruise Barcelona , Cruise Europa , and Cruise Olympia . These are the largest Italian- flagged ferries. Each ship is powered by four Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 12V46D) with combined power output 55,4 MW.
In March 2018, Grimaldi Group and the Italian shipbuilding company Fincantieri signed a letter of intent for a drydock lengthening and refurbishment project for the ships Roma and Barcelona. To both ferries were added prefabricated midship sections (length 29 m / 95 ft, weight 2540 tons). The project was completed in 2019 at Palermo Shipyard. During the drydocks, scrubbers (exhaust gas cleaning system) and battery power technology were added to each ship.
Battery power is used during turnaround navigation in ports when the ship's diesel-electric generators are switched off. For the batteries (fabrication, delivery and installation) was contracted the Canadian company Corvus Energy (Richmond BC) - one of world's largest manufacturers and suppliers of energy storage solutions (ESS) for the maritime industry. The company provides ESS to hybrid and all-electric ferries. As of 2019, Corvus Energy delivered its innovative product line "Orca ESS" to 200+ vessel conversion/upgrade projects, totaling 200+ MWh.
On July 3, 2019, Corvus Energy completed the installation of a total of 11 MWh energy storage systems (5,5 MWh per ferry - Cruise Roma and Cruise Barcelona). These batteries allow the cruiseferries to turn off their diesel engines and operate on battery power for up to 4 hours during in-port stays.
Following the conversions, each vessel has LOA length 254 m (from 225 m), GT tonnage 63000 tons (from 54919 tons), passenger capacity 3500 (from 2794), cargo capacity 3600 lanemeters (3000 m2 car deck, from 3000 lanemeters / 176 cargo vehicles), lounge seat capacity 600 (from 150 seats). The drydock refit project added 600 lanemeters, 80 new staterooms (total 559, from 479), 2 new seating lounges (combined capacity 450 seats), new self-service family restaurant (capacity 270 seats), a new theme restaurant. Refurbishment works included renovations of all existing public areas. Vessel's safety equipment (life rafts, boats, life jackets) was also upgraded to comply with its increased capacity.