- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
The Ultimate Royal Caribbean Cruise Tips You Need
Don’t miss our ultimate Royal Caribbean cruise tips! Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach or explore new ports, we have the tips you need to make the best of your trip. Read on for advice on where to stay, what to do and see, and more!
Tips for Excursions
When planning a trip to a new cruise destination, it can be helpful to have a few tips ready so you know what to do. Whether you’re looking for information about the local culture or just want to see some of the best sights, read on for our top tips for visiting destinations on your cruise.
1. Pack a travel wardrobe that fits the climate where you’re heading. It’s important to pack versatile and comfortable clothes. This way, you can be confident that you’ll stay comfortable in the local weather.
2. Schedule your tours wisely. While each cruise destination offers different sights and activities, don’t miss out on important landmarks and attractions by booking too many tours at once. By taking the time to plan ahead, you’ll avoid missing out on anything important and save yourself time and money.
3. Take advantage of local transportation when you disembark. Buses and shuttles can be a cheaper and more convenient way to get around than renting cars or riding taxis. Not only will this save you money, but it will also give you a more personalized experience as you move from one destination to the next.
4. Bundle your sightseeing. If you have limited time in each port of call, consider combining a few different tours into one trip for a more comprehensive experience. This way, you’ll get to see more in less time and avoid feeling rushed or overwhelmed.
5. Make use of the sun loungers and other amenities. Don’t feel like disembarking at a particular stop? Spend lazy afternoons lazing by the pool instead of standing in line at the museum or zoo. With so much to see and do on your cruise ship itself, taking some time to relax will make all the difference.
If you’re one of the unlucky few who get sick on a cruise, don’t panic – there are plenty of things you can do to feel better. Here are some tips to help you get through your sickness without any hassle:
- Know the signs and symptoms of common illnesses. This can help you determine when to get medical assistance.
- Follow the cruise line’s recommendations for avoiding sickness, even if you think you know better.
- Let the ship’s doctor or nurse take care of you – don’t try to self-medicate.
- Make sure you have all of the emergency information you need – including the contact info for your cruise ship’s medical staff and for your physician back at home.
Scams are common at ports of call for cruises, so be aware of them. If you do find yourself falling victim to a scam, don’t hesitate to report it to your cruise line officials. Keep your passport, driver’s license, and other important documents safe while on your cruise, and don’t leave them unattended. Make sure you know the emergency numbers for your cruise ship, and be sure to use them if you need help.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- Favorites & Watchlist Find a Cruise Cruise Deals Cruise Ships Destinations Manage My Cruise FAQ Perfect Day at CocoCay The World’s Biggest Weekend Crown & Anchor Society Royal Caribbean Blog Gift Cards Contact Us Royal Caribbean Group
- Back to Main Menu
- Search Cruises " id="rciHeaderSideNavSubmenu-2-1" class="headerSidenav__link" href="/cruises" target="_self"> Search Cruises
- Cruise Deals
- Weekend Cruises
- Last Minute Cruises
- Family Cruises
- 2023-2024 Cruises
- Cruising Guides
- All Cruise Ships " id="rciHeaderSideNavSubmenu-4-1" class="headerSidenav__link" href="/cruise-ships" target="_self"> All Cruise Ships
- Cruise Dining
- Onboard Activities
- Cruise Rooms
- The Cruise Experience
- All Cruise Destinations " id="rciHeaderSideNavSubmenu-5-1" class="headerSidenav__link" href="/cruise-destinations" target="_self"> All Cruise Destinations
- Cruise Ports
- Shore Excursions
- Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Caribbean Cruises
- Bahamas Cruises
- Alaska Cruises
- European Cruises
- Mediterranean Cruises
- Cruise Planner
- Book a Flight
- Book a Hotel
- Check-In for My Cruise
- Required Travel Documents
- Make a Payment
- Redeem Cruise Credit
- Update Guest Information
- Beverage Packages
- Dining Packages
- Shore Excursions
- Royal Gifts
- All FAQs " id="rciHeaderSideNavSubmenu-7-1" class="headerSidenav__link" href="/faq" target="_self"> All FAQs
- Boarding Requirements
- Future Cruise Credit
- Travel Documents
- Check-in & Boarding Pass
- Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Royal Caribbean
- Celebrity Cruises
12 Night Greece, Italy & Turkey Cruise
Your ship odyssey of the seas.
A TOP DECK TAKEOVER
North Star ®
Adventure Ocean ®
RipCord ® by iFLY ®
New dishes for days.
Giovanni’s℠ Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
Downtime that’s up for anything.
Playmakers℠ Bar & Arcade
Bionic Bar ®
Day 1: rome, italy.
ANCIENT AND AMAZING
popular Shore Excursions
Amazing experiences coming soon., sorry, there are no excursions for this port at this moment., day 2: naples / capri, italy.
Church Bells Ring
Day 3: Cruising
Day 4: santorini, greece.
IT TAKES A VILLAGE
THE GLASS HALF FULL
Day 5: Ephesus, Turkey
Window Into Ancient Life
Set Your Sights on Selcuk
Haggle for a Turkish Carpet
Day 6: Rhodes, Greece
Monestary on the Mount
Land Meets Sea
Day 7: Limassol, Cyprus
Pottering Around Town
Day 8: Cruising
El Loco Fresh ®
Day 9: mykonos, greece.
INTO THE BLUE
DIG UP THE PAST
Day 10: Athens, Greece
Take Me to Church
Boats and the Bronze Age
Day 11: Chania, Crete
Hike to the Gorge
Day 12: Cruising
The Lime and Coconut ®
Day 13: rome, italy.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
- Already Booked?
- My Favorites
- Email Deals
- Personal Quote
- Advanced Search
- Featured Cruise Deals
- Deals by Destination
- Deals by Cruise Line
- Deals by Departure Port
Last Minute Cruise Deals
Holiday Cruise Deals
Military Cruise Deals
- Family Cruise Deals
- Canada / New England
Popular Int'l Departure Ports
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Civitavecchia (rome), italy, piraeus (athens), greece.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Popular U.S. Departure Ports
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Los Angeles, California
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
San Francisco, California
Atlas Ocean Voyages
Avalon Waterways River Cruises
Carnival Cruise Line
Holland America Line
Norwegian Cruise Line
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Royal Caribbean International
Seabourn Cruise Line
Uniworld River Cruises
Viking Ocean Cruises
Viking River Cruises
- Cosmos Tours
- Globus Journeys
- Kensington Tours
- Tauck Tours
- Free Consultation
Future Cruise Credits
Business / Incentive Cruises
Events & Meetings at Sea
- River Cruises
Senior Living at Sea
News & Media
Press & News
Passports / Visas
Why Cruise Web?
Low Price Guarantee
Not sure where to start?
Talk to a travel consultant.
Free quotes. Expert guidance. No booking fees.
Royal Caribbean: 30% OFF and Kids Sail FREE*
Royal Caribbean: Save up to $500pp on Flights*
Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruises from $679*
- Departure Ports
- Photo Gallery
Royal Caribbean International Mediterranean Cruises
Step back in time when you visit sites like the Acropolis, Pompeii and the ruins of Ephesus with Royal Caribbean. These sites and more dot the landscape of the Mediterranean, acting as a living textbook on ancient times. Of course, the Mediterranean isn’t all about the old. Here you’ll find lively cultures filled with vibrant people making delicious foods, dancing and relaxing on inviting beaches. It’s the best of both the modern world and the world of the past. Experience this region of the world on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
Things to Do on a Mediterranean Cruise with Royal Caribbean
Some of Europe’s most glamorous cities combine with beautiful out-of-the-way ports in the Mediterranean. You can see major works of art, try local dishes and explore ancient ruins when you cruise to the Mediterranean with Royal Caribbean. Highlighted below are some of our favorite things to do when cruising the Mediterranean with Royal Caribbean:
- Barcelona and Picasso (Barcelona, Spain) Uncover two of Spain’s most renowned artists, Picasso and Gaudi, on this artistic excursion. You’ll start with a tour of the Picasso Museum. This legendary artist introduced the world to cubism and is considered one of the all-time greatest artists. Then you’ll drive around the city viewing the Sagrada Familia, a church designed by Gaudi that has been in continuous construction since 1882.
- Dalmatian Coastline and Wine Tasting (Dubrovnik, Croatia) Visit the Dalmatian Coast where you’ll see how local olive oil is made in a horse driven mill. Here you’ll sample cheese, smoked ham and wine. Then you’ll visit the salt pans in the town of Ston which is known for its oysters. Lastly, visit Ponikve to try Peljesac wines.
- Journey to Lindos (Rhodes, Greece) Drive through Rhodes to get to Lindos with its 4th century Temple of Athena Lindia. Here you’ll see lots of ruins from times gone by and enjoy spectacular views, especially if you climb to the top of the Acropolis.
- Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii (Naples, Italy) Explore the narrow and picturesque streets of Capri, a seaside resort town, before heading to Sorrento. Here you’ll delight in the cuisine of Italy before your final stop in Pompeii. The ruins of this town were covered in debris from a volcanic eruption in 79 AD, preserving this town for history.
- The Saffed Kabbalah Experience (Haifa, Israel) Learn about the rituals of Jewish mysticism called Kabbalah in Saffed where you’ll visit synagogues and meet artists who incorporate the Kabbalah into their work. You can also discover what your name means according to Kabbalah’s beliefs.
- Ancient Ephesus (Kusadasi, Turkey) The ancient city of Ephesus is like an outdoor museum showing you what ancient life was like. This is where Mary, the mother of Jesus, once lived and where Marc Anthony and Cleopatra processed through. Here you’ll see amazing structures filled with history.
Top 10 Royal Caribbean International Mediterranean Cruises
- Odyssey of The Seas 12 NIGHT GREECE, ITALY & TURKEY CRUISE Departing From Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (May 2024 - Oct 2024)
- Oasis Of The Seas 7 NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE Departing From Barcelona, Spain (May 2024 - Sep 2024)
- Oasis Of The Seas 7 NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE Departing From Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (May 2024 - Sep 2024)
- Explorer Of The Seas 7 NIGHT ITALY, GREECE & CROATIA Departing From Barcelona, Spain (May 2024)
- Voyager Of The Seas 11 NIGHT BARCELONA TO ATHENS CRUISE Departing From Barcelona, Spain (May 2024)
- Odyssey of The Seas 9 NIGHT GREEK ISLES CRUISE Departing From Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (May 2024 - Oct 2024)
- Explorer Of The Seas 7 NIGHT GREEK ISLES CRUISE Departing From Ravenna, Italy (May 2024 - Oct 2024)
- Explorer Of The Seas 7 NIGHT GREECE & ADRIATIC Departing From Ravenna, Italy (May 2024 - Oct 2024)
- Odyssey of The Seas 7 NIGHT GREEK ISLES CRUISE Departing From Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy (May 2024 - Sep 2024)
- Serenade Of The Seas 11N ULTIMATE BULGARIA, ROMANIA & TURKEY Departing From Piraeus (Athens), Greece (May 2024)
Royal Caribbean International Mediterranean Departure Ports
Learn more about your potential departure ports for a Mediterranean cruise with Royal Caribbean. Your Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise could embark from any of the following cities:
Discover imaginative architecture, impressive Spanish dishes and beautiful excursions into nature when you cruise to Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia.
A cruise to Civitavecchia is a chance for you to hop a quick train to Rome and explore the enormous history through ruins, galleries and The Vatican museums.
Istanbul is a unique city that blends its two distinct influences – from its founding as the Christian capital of Constantinople to the Ottoman ruled Istanbul. Today you can discover both eras and the modern beauty in this thriving city.
Learn about the Greek gods and the early philosophy of Socrates when you visit the incredible ruins left in Athens, Greece. At night, go out and take in the culture with the modern Athenians.
Art lovers to the front in Ravenna! Incredible mosaic art and ancient architecture grace this small port city, often used as a jump-off point for cruisers looking to spend some time in Venice.
The cruise port of Southampton features tons of diverse attractions that provide insight into England’s culture and storied past, including fortresses, gardens and national parks.
Photo Gallery for Royal Caribbean International Mediterranean Cruises
Flip through our photo gallery of Mediterranean cruising photos from Royal Caribbean. Best of all, this is merely a sample of the sights waiting for you on a Royal Caribbean Mediterranean cruise vacation.
Columns on the Temple of Olympian Zeus
Flamenco Dancers in Cadiz, Spain
Rolling hills & fields of the Croatian Countryside
Couple on a gondola in Venice, Italy
Couple on a hill in Mykonos, Greece
Couple standing on cliffs in Capri
St Peter's Basilica in San Pietro, Italy
View of a canal in Venice, Italy
We Make Vacation Planning Easy
With an overwhelming world of choices, we understand you may need some personal assistance to plan your perfect vacation. From finding the right destination to choosing the best departure date, we're here to help. Plus, our experienced travel consultants have access to exclusive vacation deals to make sure you get the best value for your time and money.
Expert guidance. No booking fees.
Find a cruise.
- All Cruise Types
- Popular Cruises
- Luxury Cruises
Destinations & ports.
- All Destinations
- Popular Cruise Lines
- Luxury Cruise Lines
- River Cruise Lines
- All Cruise Lines
- All About Cruising
- Already Booked
Follow our social media and blog for the latest cruise and travel news, including our best vacation deals.
- Monthly Newsletter
Royal Caribbean Cruises from Rome
Western mediterranean cruise, greece, italy & turkey cruise, short western mediterranean, italy & croatia cruise, greek isles & italy cruise, suez canal cruise, greek isles cruise, greece, turkey & italy cruise, spanish transatlantic cruise, ultimate italy, france & spain cruise.
No Results found. Try changing your search filters.
Cruises found! Scroll up to view
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Royal Caribbean Ships
© 2010-2023. Global Journeys. You're viewing our site in Australian dollars.
About Us | View Your Booking | Terms & Conditions | Site Map
Global Journeys Pty Ltd. Member of the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) & ATAS Travel Accredited (No. A11351).
Thank you for signing up!
Look out for your first email with our latest news and offers heading straight into your inbox!
News & Latest Offers
Call our experts on
- Cruise Lines
- Cruise Types
- Hays Travel
- Hays Faraway
Featured cruise lines.
More Cruise Lines
Featured cruise types.