- Shortlisted Vehicles
- My Activity
- My Vehicles
- Profile Settings
Tata Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Red Dark Edition
Safari 2021-2023 xz plus red dark edition overview, tata safari 2021-2023 xz plus red dark edition price, key specifications of tata safari 2021-2023 xz plus red dark edition, key features of tata safari 2021-2023 xz plus red dark edition, safari 2021-2023 xz plus red dark edition specifications & features.
- Engine and Transmission
- Fuel & Performance
- Suspension, Steering & Brakes
- Dimensions & Capacity
- Comfort & Convenience
- Entertainment & Communication
Let us help you find the dream car
Compare Variants of Tata Safari 2021-2023
- Safari 2021-2023 XE BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 15,64,900 * EMI : Rs. 35,503 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XE Currently Viewing Rs. 15,84,900 * EMI : Rs. 35,957 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XM BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 17,14,900 * EMI : Rs. 38,866 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XM Currently Viewing Rs. 1,734,900 * EMI : Rs. 39,299 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XMA AT Currently Viewing Rs. 1,844,900 * EMI : Rs. 41,776 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XM S BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 18,46,000 * EMI : Rs. 41,782 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XM S Currently Viewing Rs. 18,66,000 * EMI : Rs. 42,236 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XT Currently Viewing Rs. 18,68,400 * EMI : Rs. 42,296 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XT Plus BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 19,62,900 * EMI : Rs. 44,408 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XMA S AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 19,76,000 * EMI : Rs. 44,691 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XT Plus Currently Viewing Rs. 19,82,900 * EMI : Rs. 44,841 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XMA S AT Currently Viewing Rs. 19,96,000 * EMI : Rs. 45,145 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XT Plus Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 19,97,900 * EMI : Rs. 45,192 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XT Plus Dark Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 20,17,900 * EMI : Rs. 45,625 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 20,47,900 * EMI : Rs. 46,307 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Currently Viewing Rs. 20,67,900 * EMI : Rs. 46,739 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XTA Plus AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 20,92,900 * EMI : Rs. 47,296 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XTA Plus AT Currently Viewing Rs. 21,12,9,00 * EMI : Rs. 47,751 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XTA Plus Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 21,27,9,00 * EMI : Rs. 48,081 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XTA Plus Dark Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 21,47,900 * EMI : Rs. 48,535 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Jet Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 21,74,900 * EMI : Rs. 49,141 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Kaziranga Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 21,74,900 * EMI : Rs. 49,141 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 21,77,900 * EMI : Rs. 49,195 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6Str Jet Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 21,84,900 * EMI : Rs. 49,368 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6Str Kaziranga Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 21,84,900 * EMI : Rs. 49,368 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA AT Currently Viewing Rs. 21,97,9,00 * EMI : Rs. 49,649 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,216,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,068 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,226,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,295 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Currently Viewing Rs. 22,36,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,522 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Adventure Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 22,41,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,625 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Currently Viewing Rs. 22,46,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,728 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Adventure Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,251,5,00 * EMI : Rs. 50,852 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 22,51,500 * EMI : Rs. 50,852 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Gold Currently Viewing Rs. 2,260,9,00 * EMI : Rs. 51,064 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Red Dark Diesel BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 22,61,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,079 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Adventure Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 22,61,5,00 * EMI : Rs. 51,079 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 22,61,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,079 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Gold 6 Str Currently Viewing Rs. 22,70,9,00 * EMI : Rs. 51,291 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Red Dark BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,271,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,306 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Adventure Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 22,71,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,306 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Dark Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 22,71,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,306 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Dark Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 22,81,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,512 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus 6 Str Red Dark Edition Currently Viewing Rs. 2,291,500 * EMI : Rs. 51,739 16.14 kmpl Manual
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Jet Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,04,900 * EMI : Rs. 52,051 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Kaziranga Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 2,304,900 * EMI : Rs. 52,051 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str Jet Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,14,900 * EMI : Rs. 52,257 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6Str Kaziranga Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,14,900 * EMI : Rs. 52,257 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,46,500 * EMI : Rs. 52,977 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,56,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,204 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,66,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,410 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Adventure Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,71,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,534 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str AT Currently Viewing Rs. 2,376,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,637 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6Str Adventure Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,81,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,761 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus AT Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,81,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,761 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Gold AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,90,900 * EMI : Rs. 53,952 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Red Dark AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,391,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,967 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Adventure Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 23,91,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,967 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str AT Dark Edition BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 23,91,500 * EMI : Rs. 53,967 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Gold 6 Str AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,00,900 * EMI : Rs. 54,180 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str Red Dark AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,01,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,194 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str Adventure Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,01,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,194 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 2,401,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,194 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus Red Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,11,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,421 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,11,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,421 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus 6 Str Red Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,21,500 * EMI : Rs. 54,649 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,46,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,206 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6Str AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,56,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,433 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) AT Currently Viewing Rs. 2,466,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,660 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Adventure Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,71,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,763 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6Str AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,76,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,866 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6Str Adventure Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,81,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,990 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Dark Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,81,500 * EMI : Rs. 55,990 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Red Dark AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 24,91,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,217 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Adventure Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 24,91,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,217 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6 Str Dark Edition AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 2,491,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,217 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6 Str Red Dark AT BSVI Currently Viewing Rs. 25,01,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,444 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6 Str Adventure Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 25,01,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,444 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 25,01,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,444 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) Red Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 25,11,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,650 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6 Str Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 25,11,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,650 14.08 kmpl Automatic
- Safari 2021-2023 XZA Plus (O) 6 Str Red Dark Edition AT Currently Viewing Rs. 2,521,500 * EMI : Rs. 56,877 14.08 kmpl Automatic
Recommended Used Tata Safari 2021-2023 Alternative Cars in New Delhi
Must read articles before buying Tata Safari 2021-2023
The SUV now has a new infotainment system, ADAS and a Red Dark edition
Tata is offering customers a choice between individual accessory items and any of the packs
Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Red Dark Edition Images
Tata Safari 2021-2023 Videos
Safari 2021-2023 XZ Plus Red Dark Edition User Reviews
- Interior (38)
- Performance (52)
- Looks (122)
- Comfort (103)
- Mileage (50)
- Engine (50)
Bold And Beautiful
It is the best in its segment, and its performance has improved with new looks and features. It is s... Read More
The new Tata Safari car is exceptionally comfortable with its new models, and its features are very ... Read More
The new Tata Safari look is excellent and the overall features are also good. This is better than th... Read More
Best Car Ever
We've taken this car on extended journeys spanning 400 to 600 kilometres in a single day, and it has... Read More
It looks handsome and great. It provides a comfortable ride. It is one of the better-looking cars in... Read More
- View All Safari 2021-2023 Reviews
Tata Safari 2021-2023 News
The average wait time for Tata’s refreshed SUV portfolio is of around 2 months
The Tata Safari, now in its third generation, is a much better and modern SUV than ever before. It is based on the OMEGARC architecture derived from the legendary D8 platform of Land Rover.
The Safari is now in its third generation but is a completely different character compared to the original
In case you were planning to buy the new special edition of Tata SUV’s flagship, here’s your chance to get up close and personal with it
The Budget for FY2023-24 was released in the last week, and many carmakers announced price hikes on several models
Tata Safari 2021-2023 Further Research
Trending Tata Cars
Tata Safari Old Generation [2023-2023] XZA Plus (O) Red Dark Edition
- Safari Old Generation [2023-2023]
- User Reviews
Specifications & Features
Engine & Transmission
Time the car takes to reach 100kmph from a standstill
Timely services will keep a motor efficient and in top shape.
The official title given by the manufacturer in terms of the name of the engine, the displacement and the number of cylinders.
A bigger displacement and more than four-cylinders generally indicate a performance-oriented engine.
All cars in India either run on petrol, diesel, CNG, LPG or electric power.
Gives a good idea of the performance of the vehicle under full thrust. A higher figure here usually means a higher top speed as well.
Higher the power, the peppier the engine but it can also affect fuel economy.
Relates to in-gear acceleration. A higher figure here means better roll-on acceleration, fewer gear shifts, and possibly better fuel efficiency.
The more torque at low RPM range makes the engine feel more responsive. It also allows the engine to run smoothly without too many gear changes.
This is the maximum fuel efficiency that an engine gives. All numbers are provided by the manufacturer based on tests conducted and specified by the standards of the ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India)
Such fuel efficiency attained while driving in special conditions makes it unlikely to get it in real-world conditions
Approximate maximum number of kilometers which can be traveled on a full tank of fuel or fully charged battery
Cars come with different drivetrain configurations depending on the segment.
Front-wheel drive (FWD) is most common in mainstream cars while expensive cars or SUVs come with rear-wheel drive (RWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
Type of transmission used to transfer power from the engine to the wheels
A manually operated transmission is the most popular type, thanks to its simplicity and low cost. Varied types of automatic transmissions are also available.
Set by the Indian Government, this governs the amount of air pollutants released by cars to make the atmosphere safer for humans.
Manufacturers today offer turbochargers to boost engine power without affecting its fuel economy. Superchargers are found in more expensive cars but on the downside, they are not very efficient.
Turbochargers are more effective but require plenty of heat management. Superchargers, meanwhile, offer linear bump in power but they are comparatively more complex.
Dimensions & Weight
The length of the car decides its segment. In India, cars that are less than 4 metres in length enjoy reduced excise duties.
- Length: 4661
Longer length results in more cabin space. It also adds to straight line stability.
A car's width is defined as its widest point without its mirrors.
- Width: 1894
Although more width gives you more lateral space inside the cabin, it makes the car more difficult to park in narrow spots.
The height of the car denotes the highest point of the vehicle from the ground.
- Height: 1786
Taller the car, the more headroom there is on offer inside the cabin. However, a tall boy stance also affect the car’s centre of gravity which can cause more body roll.
The space between the center of the front and rear wheels.
- Wheelbase: 2741
The longer the wheelbase, the more space there is inside the cabin.
It’s the space between the lowest point of the car and the ground.
- Ground Clearance: 205
If the car has a good amount of clearance, it’s easier for it to clear big speed breakers and overall, deal with bad roads.
The total weight of the vehicle with all the standard equipment and all the required fluids.
A lightweight car will always be more efficient and easier to manoeuvre whereas a heavy car would give you a sense of solidity while driving.
The number of doors define the category of car. For example – four door means sedan, two-door means coupe while five-doors usually refer to a hatchback, MPV or an SUV.
The number of people that can be seated comfortably in the car, which has also been mandated by the car manufacturer.
- Seating Capacity: 7
Smaller cars usually have two rows which can seat five, but some SUVs and MPVs have three rows and can seat around 7-8 passengers.
Boot space defines how practical the car is with respect to how much luggage it can carry.
- Bootspace: 447
A boot with a large and wide opening is ideal for loading heavy items. Additionally, a lower loading height also makes it easy to put in luggage.
The official volume of the fuel tank of a car, usually denoted in litres.
If a car has a large fuel tank, it can cover long distances without refuelling.
Suspensions, Brakes, Steering & Tyres
Almost all cars in India use an independent front suspension which is usually the MacPherson Strut type.
The rear suspension can either be non-independent or independent.
Most of the budget cars have non-independent suspension while the more expensive ones get independent rear suspension which offers better bump absorption.
Most of the vehicles sold in India get ventilated or non-ventilated disc brakes upfront.
- The ventilated discs are more popular thanks to them providing better stopping power and it also works well in hot conditions.
In affordable cars, drums brakes are fitted at the rear as they are cost effective.
Disc setup at the rear is now getting more popular as cars are getting faster in the real world.
The official kerb-to-kerb minimum radius a car takes to complete a 180-degree turn.
Shorter the turning radius, the lesser space you need to make a tight turn or to take a U-turn.
Almost all steering systems in cars today have an assist to help park them better at low speeds - these can be hydraulic, electro-hydraulic or electric.
The wheels used on cars are either steel rims with plastic wheel cover hub or alloy wheels on higher spec models or expensive cars.
Razor cut, or diamond cut alloy wheel design are not getting more popular. Manufacturers usually offer these in top-end trim of their car models.
Important in a country with varying quality of roads, spare wheels ensure one doesn’t get stranded when one of the main tyres gets damaged.
Select premium car models feature space savers (smaller than the stock wheels) to save on boot space.
The profile/dimension of rubber tyre that fits on the front wheels.
The profile/dimension of rubber tyre that fits on the rear wheels.
Mandatory safety system for cars sold in India, a single beep is emitted after 80kmph and continuous ones after 120kmph
This function detects when the car is drifting out of its lane and cautions the driver through audio/visual alerts
The driver is warned of an impending crash due to stopped/slowing vehicles ahead of them
This feature spots oncoming vehicles at night to shift the headlight between high and low beam
The official crash test safety rating given to a car by one of the many testing agencies around the world
Blind Spot Detection systems use sensors to detect and alert the driver of any sudden movements in his/her blind spot
An assistance feature that alerts the driver who is backing out of a parking space if another vehicle is approaching
One must always be cautious of pedestrians, children and other obstacles when backing up.
- Airbags 6 Airbags (Driver, Front Passenger, 2 Curtain, Driver Side, Front Passenger Side)
A digital gauge that provides the live status of the air pressure in every tyre of a car.
For accurate readings, ensure that the sensors on the rim are not tampered with during any wheel/tyre repairs
Anchor points or strap systems built into car seats to keep child seats in place, especially during a crash
ISOFIX is an international standard for child seat anchor points, but not all car manufacturers follow this standard
Mandatory fitment in cars sold in India, emits loud beeps when it detects that occupants are not wearing their seatbelts.
Seat belt warning is mandatory for front-seat occupants, but it is recommended that all occupants wear seat belts.
Braking & Traction
An electronic system that prevents the tyres from locking and skidding in emergency braking situations by pulsing the brakes (quickly releasing and reapplying the brakes)
ABS is a great accident prevention technology, allowing drivers to steer while braking hard
An electronic system that redirects braking forces among the four brakes to stop the car as quickly and stably as possible
A system that increases brake pressure to help the car stop quicker
Even when emergency braking, it is observed that drivers don’t apply maximum brake pressure through the pedal, the BA system provides additional pressure to help stop the car quicker
System designed to improve car stability and control, especially when the car is accelerating.
ESP or ESC cannot increase traction but rather improve control or help regain control in slippery conditions.
A feature that prevents the car from rolling backwards when stopped on a slope
This system cuts power to those wheels that are spinning without grip/traction
Given the option, keep traction control on all the time.
A feature that limits the car's speed without any driver input while traversing down descents
Locks & Security
A security device that prevents the engine from being started unless the key is present
This feature let's one unlock all the doors remotely or with a key
This feature automatically locks the car's doors when it reaches a preset speed
A convenient feature for those who can't remember to lock the doors
Such locks are built into the rear doors to prevent rear seat occupants from opening the doors
Comfort & Convenience
- Electronic Parking Brake Yes with Auto Hold
The different types of air-conditioning systems used to cool the cabin
Maintaining the lowest temperature and first blower speed offers the best results.
- Front AC Single Zone, Common Fan Speed Control
- Rear AC Blower, Vents on Pillars
- Third Row AC Zone Separate Zone, Vents on Pillars, Common Fan Speed Controls
This feature allows warm air to pass through the air-con vents for heating the cabin
Compact mirrors fitted to the inside of the sunvisor
The option of being able to access the boot space while sitting inside the car
These mirrors negate the glare from headlight beams of cars behind you
Since a large chunk of people love driving around in their high beam, these mirrors come in handy
A feature that aids drivers park with ease and greater precision using sensors/cameras
It comes as a boon for drivers who are not used to parking in tight spots
Sensors that are usually located on the bumpers of a car to assist/alert the driver while parking
It takes the stress out of manoeuvring in confined spaces
A system that automatically controls the speed of the car
An alert that warns one from leaving the car with the headlight and ignition switched on
When fitted, this system allows the car to be switched on without removing the key from the driver’s pocket or vicinity.
Keyless entry and start/stop (KESS) systems in some cars also include operation via a smartphone.
A function where the steering wheel moves up/down, in/out as per the driver's requirement
When both rake and reach adjustments are incorporated, it makes for a tailormade driving position
This socket provides current to a cigarette lighter style 12 volt plug
It helps charge smartphones, tablets, laptops, rechargeable batteries and other USB chargers. It also powers a compressor that inflates tyres and the humble cigarette lighter!
An app based feature that allows one to find where their car is located/parked
The requisite app will provide information regarding various functions such as speed and fuel alerts
A service that triggers actions like notifications and security alerts when a car enters/leaves a set location
Similar to how smartphones receive updates, a vehicle too (if equipped with connected car features) receives updates over the air via a cellular or WiFi connection
Timely installation of updates keeps the system up-to-date
The smartphone app allows one to remotely lock/unlock the car's doors from just about anywhere
This function is helpful when the key fob isn't working properly
The smartphone app sounds the horn and flashes the headlights of your car so that you can locate it
Seats & Upholstery
- Driver Seat Adjustment 8 way electrically adjustable (seat forward / back, backrest tilt forward / back, seat height up / down, lumbar up / down) + 2 way manually adjustable (headrest up / down)
- Front Passenger Seat Adjustment 6 way manually adjustable (seat forward / back, backrest tilt forward / back, headrest up / down)
Rear seat adjustments make for an enlarged luggage space when there's lots of baggage to haul.
In addition to aiding passenger comfort, these also boost the practicality that arises from extended boot space
When it's time to replace, use a fabric that grips and are inherently cool to the touch
Leather not only grips your palms well, but it also offers a premium feel
- Leather-wrapped Gear Knob Yes
The armrest located between the front passengers which helps comfort the driver's arm while driving
- Rear Passenger Seat Type Bench
This row could either be a bench or a pair of jump/captain seats
When the need arises, the last row can double up as space for luggage.
Cooled air from the AC system passes through the perforations on the seat to comfort the occupant
Depicts if the cabin comes with a single or dual-tone colour scheme
The various color shades used within the cabin
- Rear Armrest With Cup Holder
Some rear seats have the option to be be folded to offer more practicality
Sections of the rear seat are capable of being folded down separately
This function bumps up practicality as the boot space increases when required.
Sections of the third-row seat are capable of being folded down separately
The pockets behind the front seats which help rear seat occupants store their stuff
The portion extending from or fixed to the seat that supports the head
- Cup Holders Front, Second & Third
The storage space within the armrest that's located between the front passengers
A feature where cool air from the air-conditioner is diverted to the glovebox
- Sunglass Holder Yes
- Third Row Cup Holders Yes
Doors, Windows, Mirrors & Wipers
Mirrors that are placed on the car's exterior, around the door, to aid the driver see behind the vehicle
Placing/sticking wide-angle mirrors on the ORVMs can enhance the rear view tremendously.
This is fitted where the door meets the frame to protect it from scratches and dust
Not using scuff plates may result in the door sill giving away prematurely.
When the car's windows can be raised/lowered by pressing a button/switch
In emergencies where the power window electronics have jammed, exit the vehicle by kicking out the windscreen
Different ways of adjusting the door mirror to suit the driver's requirement
Tremendously aids driving judgement in a variety of tight situations.
Turn indicators are fitted to the door mirrors for improved visibility
A feature that removes condensed water droplets from the rear windscreen to improve visibility
Turning air recirculation off helps gain faster results.
Although a seemingly minuscule feature, it negates the hatchback's/SUV's inherent ability to retain dirt/water on the rear windscreen.
- Exterior Door Handles Chrome
When the system detects water droplets on the windshield, it activates the wipers to improve driver visibility
This feature can be intrusive especially while you are negotiating a tricky bend at a higher speed
- Interior Door Handles Chrome
- Door Pockets Front & Rear
The various methods of opening the boot lid
Ensure the sunroof is closed before exiting the vehicle to prevent dirt/rain from entering the cabin
The compactness of the roof-mounted antenna prevents its damage in certain situations
Having parking sensors will save your bumper paint if it brushes by obstacles
Functional or purely aesthetic parts added to the car's body such as side skirts and roof/bonnet scoops
- Headlights Bi-Xenon Projector
Such headlights automatically switch on and off when they sense bright or dark driving conditions
Keeping them switched on at all times gives the user the best results
The headlamps remain lit for sometime when the car is locked/unlocked to aid user visibility in dark surroundings
These lights turn left and right based on steering inputs to illuminate the sides of the car
Inspect tail lamp bulbs at periodic intervals for optimum safety.
Lights that automatically switch on during the day for increased visibility
A type of lamp that improves driver visibility while driving through fog
The yellow/amber fog lights are preferable as they are warm to the eyes and do not reflect from the fog.
Additional lighting apart from the roof-mounted courtesy/map lamps. These are added for a sense of style and luxury rather than utility.
Incorporated into the bottom section of a car's door mirrors, they light up the ground underneath the front door when the door is unlocked
- Cabin Lamps Front and Rear
A lamp that's located around the vanity mirror behind the sun visor
- Rear Reading Lamp Yes
Allows adjustment to the height of the headlight beams via a switch on the dashboard
It indicates how much fuel is being used that very instant your car is moving
A screen situated mostly behind the steering wheel displaying information and warning lights regarding the car's various vitals
- Trip Meter Electronic 2 Trips
The amount of fuel consumed by the engine (kmpl) is displayed on the instrument cluster in real time
A glance will help you maintain better fuel efficiency and save money
The total distance traveled divided by the time taken to cover that distance
The higher the average speed, the quicker you were on that journey/trip
The approximate distance a car will run with the amount of fuel remaining in the tank
- Clock Digital
This alert should be taken as a final warning to head straight to the fuel pump
A warning light that pops up on the instrument cluster when the doors are not shut properly
The brightness of the instrument cluster can be adjusted via controls
It comes in handy to improve instrumentation visibility between day and night by toggling brightness.
It notifies the driver about which gear the car is being driven in and can also suggest down- or upshifting to improve efficiency
Notifies the driver about the optimum instances to shift gears
It comes in handy to derive the best fuel efficiency and engine component longevity
An instrument that measures engine speed in revolutions-per-minute (rpm)
Ideally, the tachometer helps a driver know when to shift gears in a manual gearbox.
Entertainment, Information & Communication
The ability to connect to the internet and communicate with smart devices to perform various functions
A touchscreen or display that acts as a user's interface to the various functions of the car
- Touchscreen Size 10 inch
The music player that comes factory fitted
Number of speaker units as part of a car’s surround-sound system
The widely-used controls are placed on the steering wheel to ease driver usage
When the car's system responds to the occupant's voice to perform certain features
Allows devices with bluetooth functionality connect wirelessly to the car's infotainment system
Using Bluetooth functionality offers a cable-free experience
The car's music player can play tracks off a portable device via an aux cable
Bluetooth can make AUX cables look ancient, but unlike the former, there's hardly any loss in sound quality
Is the music system's capability of playing broadcasted radio channels
If radio signals are weak, one can stream music
When tracks can be played from a USB/pen drive
These pads can charge equipped smartphones without using a cable
Given the option, opt for fast wireless charging.
The size of the music system fitted to a car. Traditionally 1-DIN or 2-DIN, are being replaced by touchscreen units of varying sizes.
- iPod Compatibility Yes
The number of kilometres the EV battery is covered under the manufacturer's warranty
More the kilometres, the better
The automaker can void the vehicle's warranty if the owner has fitted aftermarket components.
Value For Money
- XZA Plus (O) Red Dark Edition
Please Tell Us Your City
Want to sell your car?
Over 2.5 million used car buyers visit our site
- Get buyers detail via SMS and Email
- Sell your car at best price
- Large number of genuine buyers
- Home   >
- Tata Cars   >
- Safari Old Generation 2023   >
- XZA Plus Red Dark Edition
- Safari Old Generation 2023
DiscontinuedTata Safari Old Generation 2023 XZA Plus Red Dark Edition
- Check On Road Price
Latest Tata Safari
All Specs Of Safari Old Generation 2023 XZA Plus Red Dark Edition - Safari Old Generation 2023 Top Model
Engine & performance, steering, tyres, & suspnsions, size, weight, & dimensions, sensors, warnings, & indicators, music and infotainment, comfort & convenience, braking & traction, doors, windows mirrors & wipers, head & tail lights, interiors, lights & storage inside cabin, manufacturer warranty, similar cars to discontinued tata safari old generation 2023, tata safari old generation 2023 xza plus red dark edition colors.
- Home ›
- Tata Cars ›
- Safari 2021-2023 ›
- Reviews ›
Safari Red Dark Edition | Red Is The New Black
- Apr 19, 2023
- Views : 1824
- By Ujjawal Agarwal
The Red Dark edition of the Safari already has a strong base to build on from, especially with the updated MY23 models. So is it any good?
Tata loves its special editions. All the way from the Adventure edition to the Kaziranga to the Jet and the Gold editions, there is always something on offer if you want to stand out from the crowd. And now there’s a new one in town. Based on the Dark edition that we already know, this one promises to stand out from the myriad of special editions in the way that it looks and with the things that it brings to the table. Let’s talk about what's new.
More Than Meets The Eye
That genuinely is the case with this Red Dark Edition because at first glance, it might seem like a regular Safari Dark edition. But step closer and you’ll notice the small details that set it apart. Everything has been blacked out this time around, including the “Tata” badge. And then there is the red insert on the tri-arrow grille, calipers finished in red and the badging on the fenders that also get the red treatment.
The Safari was already a looker with styling elements that make you sit and take notice. And while the Dark edition added to its appeal by making it look meaner and sportier, the Red Dark further gives the package a stylish contrasting look, thanks to the splashes of red. Although, while on the go, you won’t really be able to differentiate it from the standard Dark edition easily until you get a peek inside.
Flaunt It If You Got It
While the changes might not be so obvious from the outside, it won’t take you long to identify the Red Dark Edition from the inside. The first thing that you’re bound to notice is of course the generous use of red on the seat upholstery along with the diamond-shaped quilting which is very premium to touch and feel.
You get splashes of red on the door handles and central console. Complementing these are the red ambient lighting in the door handles and the sunroof, the latter of which looks really neat. But we do wish that some love was shown on the dashboard as well, because it still continues with the same Steel Black shade found on the Dark editions. While some might like the red and black contrasting interior theme, it’s not for those looking for subtlety.
But where the dash has been shown some love are the new screens with the infotainment system being upgraded to 10.25 inches and the driver’s cockpit being upped to a seven-inch fully digital display. Now mind you, these aren’t exclusive to the Red Dark edition as both of these are also offered with the standard MY23 Safari.
All Talk No Show?
This new screen is one of the highlights of the car for sure and there is a lot more functionality on offer. The resolution is crisp and the screen’s responsiveness is better than the older one. You get options to customise the screen using widgets, and although those are currently limited, more options may be added in the future like TPMS and drive information. There’s a lot more information available on the display like the air quality index for instance. You can also control the aircon through the screen although there are separate buttons for it and those are rather easy to use in comparison.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are easy to connect and the sound system is fabulous. But one thing that lets the experience down is the absence of a volume knob. To change the sound levels you actually have to tap the speaker button on the screen and then manually set the volume, which can be inconvenient for a passenger, especially when on the move.
But it does act up randomly in the sense that the response is delayed and the screen lags sometimes when switching between Android Auto/Apple CarPlay and the system's inbuilt interface. Also, on startup, the screen does act like a moody teenager that doesn’t want to get out of bed, but there's no need to fret as these can be rectified via a simple software update.
The 360-degree camera is a boon to have, making maneuvering the vehicle in tight spaces a lot easier, given that this isn’t a small car by any means. The quality of the feed is pretty decent and you can also play with the multiple views including front, back and side. Further aiding its functionality are the different modes which include both 2D and 3D displays of the vehicle and they work as expected as well.
The new seven-inch digital driver’s display is a welcome addition too. There are three layout options, which you can configure according to your preference via the controls on the steering: digital view, dial view and a minimal view. This cockpit also boasts multiple functionality and relays information like the instantaneous power and torque outputs, trip info, tyre pressure monitoring and you can even see the G-forces that you’re pulling.
Factoring in all the pros and cons, overall, in all honesty, both displays were a much needed upgrade, considering what some of the competition has to offer (hints at MG Hector and Mahindra XUV700).
Given the fact that the Red Dark Safari is offered in the top-spec XZ+, XZA+, and XZA+ (O) trims, it is loaded to the brim. There are the aforementioned screens of course, and then the six-way powered driver seat with memory function and four-way powered passenger seat with Boss mode. The latter allows you to move the passenger seat without having to ask a favour from anyone, but it can quickly become a gimmick for the rear seat passengers. Convenient or not? You decide.
Here’s a full list of features that the Safari Red Dark packs:
Yes, the Safari now comes with ADAS functionality in both the MY23 and Red Dark Safari, which can be accessed via the new screen. There isn’t a full suite, but still, a total of 10 features are on offer, including:
Forward and rear collision warning
Blind spot detection
Autonomous emergency braking
Lane departure warning
Amongst these, the autonomous braking is a very handy feature to have which automatically brakes for you if the system detects a potential collision in front of the vehicle. One thing that’s worth a mention is whenever you indicate while moving to either of the sides, the blind spot cameras are activated and display the feed of that specific side and warn you if there is a vehicle in proximity.
You can choose the functions to either just alert you via an audio aid, or set it to interfere if the visual aid does not bring you to action on time. These systems can be turned off entirely, but you’ll have to do it every time you restart the vehicle as the system automatically resets to default.
But it has to be said, there are two big misses here - adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assist, the latter of which actually helps you maintain your current lane by interfering if you weave off the path, unlike majority of the current features that just pop an alert on the digital screen and don’t actually maneuver the car back to the lane.
All in all, it does miss some of the most attractive ADAS features, which feels like an especially big miss considering how impressive a highway road trip machine the Safari is. That being said, the features it does have function exactly how you’d want them to .
Tata hasn’t changed anything beneath the bonnet of the Safari Red Dark. The same 170PS/350Nm 2-litre turbo-diesel mill continues to propel the SUV. The only difference this time around is that it is now in line with the new BSVI phase 2 emission norms. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and automatic, which continue to rotate the front wheels of the SUV.
Performance wise, just as before, the engine has ample initial pickup and performance to make city commuting effortless. Overtakes are simple and happen without using too much throttle. Even on the highways, getting past traffic doesn't require much effort and the Safari cruises with ease at triple digit speeds. However, the performance, though ample for the city, won't feel sporty.
You get the three driving modes: Eco, City and Sport. Toggling between these alters throttle response and gear shift logic to an extent where it holds the gear at higher RPMs a lot more in the Sport mode. This is when you realise that it seems to fall short on refinement and doesn’t sound as polished for something that costs nearly Rs 30 lakh on-road, especially when you square in the competition into the picture.
As for its riding manners, the Safari doesn’t disappoint and keeps the occupants comfortable in almost all instances. Small potholes and undulations don’t hinder the vehicle’s march at all, however, over big bumps, you might feel a bit of side to side movement, but it doesn’t become uncomfortable.
So does the new Safari Red Dark make sense? Okay, let’s rewind this a bit. First, The dark edition’s core badassery, which made it so special in the first place, has been enhanced, thanks to the red black theme on the inside, which does make you feel special. Add to that the infotainment upgrades, the new ADAS features and you’ve got a seriously compelling package on offer.
Yeah, sure the red interior is evidently for those with wilder tastes and the execution in itself is tasteful. But it's safe to say that the enduring icon is now the richest feeling, most feature-loaded it’s ever been. It’s also the most expensive it has ever been with the Red Dark’s prices ranging between Rs 22.62 lakh and Rs 25.02 lakh (ex-showroom). In comparison, the standard Safari tops out at Rs 24.57 lakh (ex-showroom). So if shelling out that extra bit of cash (Rs 45,000) is something you don’t mind, then the Safari Red Dark definitely makes sense, especially if you want to stand out from the crowd.
Tata Safari 2021-2023 Video Review
Any suggestions - Ideas to improve the quality
Add Your Comments
- Duplicate Comment by the same user
- Comment is not relevant
- Can't understand it
- Personal information shared
- Abusive language used
- I found the Comment offensive
- Reason is other than listed above
Thanks for reporting this. The reported comment will be shortly removed from Zigwheels &
will be sent for moderation.
Cars Similar to Safari 2021-2023
See what our community has to say! NEW
India's largest automotive community
3 Other Things You Might Want To Do
Save upto 75%* on Two Wheeler Insurance Premium
Get Best Price, Instant Payment & Free RC Transfer
Safari 2021-2023 - Find Offers in your City
Choose your city
Thank you! Your question has been submitted and is under moderartion.
You will receive all communications on :
- Hot Threads
- Spare Parts
- Buy Accessories
- Hire Drivers
Tata Harrier And Safari Red Dark Edition — Pictorial Review
The big changes are on the inside and that is apparent with those carnelian red leatherette seats with diamond style quilting..
By: Somnath Chatterjee | Updated at : 03 May 2023 01:05 PM (IST)
Tata Harrier and Safari Red Dark Edition ( Image Source : Somnath Chatterjee )
It can be said that Tata Motors brought back 'Black' into the limelight with their Dark edition cars while other manufacturers have also followed up with black as a new colour. From once losing appeal to being back with favour-particularly with SUVs, Tata Motors recently have also added a bit of red with the 'Red Dark' edition. It was also an opportunity to inject more equipment into these two SUVs which are now on all 2023 variants. We drove the Red Dark editions of both the Harrier and Safari to find out more.
These two SUVs look great in black while the Red Dark takes things to a few notches above with a completely blacked out with even the Tata emblem being black. There is no chrome anywhere including the piano's black grille and that looks great. It seems Indian car buyers are finally moving beyond chrome while this colour has depth along with a nice paint finish. The 'red' bit comes with subtle highlights like red accents on the grille and red brake callipers along with badging of course. Both SUVs also get 18-inch black alloys which are nicely designed. The Red Dark does not differ hugely in terms of exteriors but it is nice that Tata Motors did not go overboard.
Now, these bright seats might be too much for some, but you need to see how nice they look in terms of the quality while the same red bits are also on the grab handle in the doors and the centre console. There are also dark logos on the seats too. I would like more red accents for the dashboard but the black accents do compliment the red bits elsewhere. The Safari Red Dark has special red mood lighting for the panoramic sunroof as well along with being on the doors.
Let's talk about the main bit which is the new 10.25-inch touchscreen and the new digital instrument cluster. The new touchscreen is a vast improvement over the earlier small one while the graphics, touch response over even the look, and feel is top notch. Tata has not made the menu too complicated you get customisable widgets too.
You can control the sound as well as the climate control which is cool and looks premium. Another important bit is the 360 degree camera display which looks terrific. The display feed is clear and high quality which you can customise it for 2D/3D viewing along with different angles. It is a huge change from the previous display.
Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and a superb audio system make both the Safari and Harrier cabins move up several notches in terms of being premium. The Safari further adds in 4-way powered Co-Driver seats with electric Boss mode (earlier models had a manual one) and seat ventilation for even the second-row captain seats plus cushions with headrests.
More features are now added and that is crucial with such strong competition. There are 200+ Voice commands in 6 languages, 6 Way powered Driver seats with Memory and Welcome functions and 10 ADAS features. The ADAS suite includes front/rear radar/camera with features like autonomous emergency braking, lane departure warning, blind spot detection etc. It does not include Adaptive Cruise which could be added to a future update in which you can customise the current features including selecting the sensitivity.
Both SUVs are spacious but special mention goes to the Safari with its rear seating configuration beating some SUVs with features like the electric boss mode while having individual adjustability plus you also sit high. If you would like to drive, both the Harrier and Safari Red Dark editions come with the same 2.0 diesel engine with 170bhp/350Nm. However, they have been updated to meet the latest emission norms too. We drove the versions with the 6-speed automatic and we noticed slightly smoother shifts and importantly better refinement. There are drive modes and what is notable is the toughness plus the suspension. The steering feels slightly heavy at low speeds but feels more direct than some of its competition.
The top-end Safari and the Harrier Red Dark edition are priced at Rs 25 and Rs 24 lakh respectively with the updates clearly making both of them much more attractive choices. The added features, new tech and the touchscreen bring up the experience by several notches while the Safari with its mix of rear seat luxury features plus comfort makes it a tough SUV which is also premium along with being excellent value if you want a diesel SUV at this price.
Car loan Information: Calculate Car Loan EMI
EICMA 2023: Hero Concept 2.5R Xtunt And Vida Concept Lynx First look
Tata Tiago EV Long-Term Review: A Complete Package — Check Details
Tesla Likely To Make India Entry In 2024 As Govt Rolls Out Necessary Approvals: Report
What Are Lotus Cars All About? Check Out This British Luxury Carmaker Debuting In India
EVs Exempt From Delhi ‘Odd-Even’, Know 3 Affordable Options If You Plan To Buy
Ethics Panel Recommends Expulsion Of Mahua Moitra, TMC MP Calls It 'Kangaroo Court' Decision. Top Points
19-Day Parliament's Winter Session To Begin On December 4, Says Pralhad Joshi
Here's How Pakistan Can Still Set Up A Dream World Cup 2023 Semifinal Against India
Noida Police Issues Traffic Advisory For Diwali, Dhanteras, Bhaidooj — Check Routes To Be Avoided
Telangana Polls: Congress Releases Fourth List Of 5 Candidates
Live News Today
- Latest Mobile Phones
- Visual Stories
- Movie Review
- ICC Ranking
- Virat Kohli
PIN Code Finder
- Varanasi Pin Code
- Meerut Pin Code
- Lucknow Pin Code
- Allahabad Pin Code
- Bareilly Pin Code
- Kanpur Nagar Pin Code
- Ghaziabad Pin Code
- Aurangabad Pin Code
- Nagpur Pin Code
- Pune Pin Code