- Uttarakhand Tourism
Currently Showing Uttarakhand State Level Aggregated Figures
Data at National Level - India
Data at State Level - Andhra Pradesh Arunachal Pradesh Assam Bihar Chhattisgarh Goa Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Manipur Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Odisha Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Telangana Tripura Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand West Bengal
Data at Union Territory Level - Andaman & Nicobar Islands Chandigarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu Delhi Jammu & Kashmir Ladakh Lakshadweep Puducherry
Data at Regional Level - Eastern Hindi Belt North East Northern Southern Western & Central
- Travel, Tourism & Hospitality ›
Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships). A paid subscription is required for full access.
- Number of tourist visits of Rishikesh in India 2016-2021
Number of tourist visits of Rishikesh in India from 2016 to 2021 (in 1,000s)
- Immediate access to 1m+ statistics
- Incl. source references
- Download as PNG, PDF, XLS, PPT
Show sources information Show publisher information Use Ask Statista Research Service
2016 to 2021
Other statistics on the topic Religious tourism in India
- Number of domestic visitors to ticketed monuments India FY 2022
Travel, Tourism & Hospitality
- Expenditure of tourists India 2018-2021, by activity
- Number of domestic visitors to Dharwad and Hampi circle monuments India FY 2022
- Number of tourist visits to Varanasi India 2021, by destination
To download this statistic in XLS format you need a Statista Account
To download this statistic in PNG format you need a Statista Account
To download this statistic in PDF format you need a Statista Account
To download this statistic in PPT format you need a Statista Account
As a Premium user you get access to the detailed source references and background information about this statistic.
As a Premium user you get access to background information and details about the release of this statistic.
As soon as this statistic is updated, you will immediately be notified via e-mail.
… to incorporate the statistic into your presentation at any time.
You need at least a Starter Account to use this feature.
- Immediate access to statistics, forecasts & reports
- Usage and publication rights
- Download in various formats
You only have access to basic statistics. This statistic is not included in your account.
- Instant access to 1m statistics
- Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
- Detailed references
Business Solutions including all features.
Statistics on " Religious tourism in India "
- Distribution of travel and tourism GDP in India FY 2023, by type of visitor
- Distribution of direct travel and tourism GDP in India FY 2023, by spending type
- Tourism promotion and publicity expenditure India FY 2021-2024, by type
- Tourism expenditure for Swadesh Darshan India FY 2021-2024
- Tourism expenditure for PRASHAD India FY 2021-2024
- Funding value for Swadesh Darshan in India FY 2015-2019
- Domestic non-Saudi Hajj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia by nationality 2021
- Number of Indians departing to Saudi Arabia 2009-2021
- Number of Hajj pilgrims from India 1990-2022
- Number of domestic visitors to Sarnath monuments India FY 2022
- Number of domestic visitors to Bhubaneshwar monuments India FY 2022
- Number of domestic visitors to monuments around Bhopal India FY 2022
- Number of domestic visitors to Bengaluru and Goa monuments India FY 2022
- Number of tourist visits in UP Buddhist circuit India 2019-2021, by destination
- Number of tourist visits of Kedarnath in India 2016-2021
- Number of tourist visits to Ayodhya India 2021, by destination
- Number of tourist visits to Mathura India 2017-2021
- Estimated daily pilgrims India 2022, by select temple
- Number of tourist visits of Vaishno Devi in India 2016-2021
- Number of daily pilgrims to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams 2022-2023
- Domestic tourist visits to Guruvayoor India 2018-2021
Other statistics that may interest you Religious tourism in India
- Premium Statistic Distribution of travel and tourism GDP in India FY 2023, by type of visitor
- Premium Statistic Distribution of direct travel and tourism GDP in India FY 2023, by spending type
- Premium Statistic Expenditure of tourists India 2018-2021, by activity
- Premium Statistic Tourism promotion and publicity expenditure India FY 2021-2024, by type
- Premium Statistic Tourism expenditure for Swadesh Darshan India FY 2021-2024
- Premium Statistic Tourism expenditure for PRASHAD India FY 2021-2024
- Premium Statistic Funding value for Swadesh Darshan in India FY 2015-2019
- Premium Statistic Domestic non-Saudi Hajj pilgrims in Saudi Arabia by nationality 2021
- Premium Statistic Number of Indians departing to Saudi Arabia 2009-2021
- Premium Statistic Number of Hajj pilgrims from India 1990-2022
Monuments of religious significance
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to ticketed monuments India FY 2022
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to Sarnath monuments India FY 2022
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to Bhubaneshwar monuments India FY 2022
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to monuments around Bhopal India FY 2022
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to Dharwad and Hampi circle monuments India FY 2022
- Premium Statistic Number of domestic visitors to Bengaluru and Goa monuments India FY 2022
Cities with spiritual destinations
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits in UP Buddhist circuit India 2019-2021, by destination
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits of Rishikesh in India 2016-2021
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits of Kedarnath in India 2016-2021
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits to Varanasi India 2021, by destination
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits to Ayodhya India 2021, by destination
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits to Mathura India 2017-2021
Siginificant religious sites
- Premium Statistic Estimated daily pilgrims India 2022, by select temple
- Premium Statistic Number of tourist visits of Vaishno Devi in India 2016-2021
- Premium Statistic Number of daily pilgrims to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams 2022-2023
- Premium Statistic Domestic tourist visits to Guruvayoor India 2018-2021
Further Content: You might find this interesting as well
- Screen Reader
- Skip to main content
- Text Size A
- Language: English
- Case Studies
- EXIM Procedure
- News Trends
Media & Events
- Image Gallery
- Media Coverage
- GI of India
- Experience India
- Indian Trend Fair 2022
- India Organic Biofach 2022
- Gulfood Dubai 2023
Uttarakhand is the "yoga capital of the world" and is the leading producer of pear, peach, plum, and apricot..
Uttarakhand State Report
Uttarakhand is located in the foothills of the Himalayan mountain range. The state shares borders with China (Tibet) in the north, Nepal in the east, and inter-state boundaries with Himachal Pradesh in the west and northwest and Uttar Pradesh in the south. It has almost all agro-geo climatic zones, which provide commercial opportunities for floriculture and horticulture. The state is home to more than 175 species of rare medicinal, aromatic & herbal plants. The state has proximity to the national capital, Delhi, a leading market of the country and excellent connectivity with neighboring states. Uttarakhand has abundant natural resources due to hills and forests. Its agro-climatic conditions support horticulture-based industries. The vast water resources available in the state are also favorable for hydropower. The presence of several hill stations, wildlife parks, pilgrimage places and trekking routes make Uttarakhand an attractive tourist destination.
Uttarakhand is one of the fastest growing states in India, thanks to the massive growth in capital investment arising from conducive industrial policy and generous tax benefits.
At current prices, Uttarakhand’s GSDP is projected to be Rs. 3.33 trillion (US$ 40.34 billion) in FY23. Between 2018-19 and 2023-24, GSDP of the state is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 7.06%.
The state offers a wide range of benefits in terms of interest incentives, financial assistance, subsidies, and concessions. Uttarakhand has a robust social and industrial infrastructure, virtual connectivity with over 39,000 km of road network, two domestic airports, 345.23 km of rail routes.
According to Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), the cumulative foreign direct investment (FDI) inflow stood at around US$ 710 million during April 2000 to June 2020.
Between October 2019-March 2023, FDI inflow in Uttarakhand stood at US$ 126.87 million.
As of May 2020, 11 Industrial Entrepreneurs Memorandums (IEMs) worth Rs. 288 crore (US$ 39.10 million) have been filed in Uttarakhand.
In FY2023 (until August 2022), the total exports from the state stood at US$ 696.28 million
Recent Development in Key Sectors
- As of April 2023, the state had a total installed power generation capacity of 4,203.38 MW. Of this, hydro power accounted for 2,095.89 MW, followed by thermal power at 1,142.46 MW, renewable power at 933.79 MW, nuclear power at 31.24 MW.
- Rs. 1,408 crore (US$ 170.78 million) has been allocated for capital outlay on roads and bridges.
- Uttarakhand has allocated 1.8% of its total expenditure towards energy.
- Rs. 1,125 crore (US$ 136.47 million) has been allocated towards integrated development of small and medium towns.
- Rs. 10,907 crore (US$ 1.32 billion) has been allocated to Education, Sports, Arts, and Culture
- Rs. 3,300 crore (US$ 400.25 million) has been allocated to government secondary schools.
- Rs. 1,101 crore (US$ 133.5 million) has been allocated to Urban Health Services.
- Rs. 1,418 crore (US$ 172 million) has been allocated to Rural Health Services-Allopathy.
- Production of loose flowers in the state stood at 3.02 thousand tonnes in 2021-22 as per first advance estimates.
- With the establishment of the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) earth station at Dehradun, Uttarakhand now offers high-speed connectivity.
- Information Technology is an enabling sector that provides underpinning of smooth connectivity throughout the state in various departments, businesses, and homes, thereby improving productivity and efficiency across sectors. Given the high literacy rate of 78.82% in the state, employment opportunities for educated youth can be generated by encouraging ICT, ITES and electronics manufacturing units to establish their enterprises in Uttarakhand.
- Uttarakhand Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was launched in 2018, which aims to increase the employability of workers, competitiveness of enterprise, and inclusiveness of growth.
- Under the State’s Vision 2030, the processing capacity of horticulture produce will be enhanced from 7.5% to 15% of the total horticulture production by 2030.
- The MSME sector envisages massive expansion in the future, which would increase employment from the existing 2.58 lakh people to 8.5 lakh people by 2030.
- The tourism sector is accepted as a growth driver for inclusive social economic progress through its forward and backward linkages and the ability to create employment in the economy. The state is considering development of spiritual and religious theme-based circuits for tourism. Under the Swadesh Darshan scheme of the central government, Uttarakhand is a site for eco-tourism. Other themes may involve treks/hikes/tours to view famous Himalayan peaks or treks along the course of the Ganga river, places of culinary interest, or villages where communities maintain traditional lifestyles that tourists may find interesting.
- Sonprayag-Gaurikund-Kedarnath ropeway project undertaken by National Highways Logistics Management Limited (NHLML) will be 13 km in length and the estimated cost of the project will be over Rs. 985 crore (US$ 126.77 million).
- Empyrean Skyview Projects, will develop two more ropeway systems in Mussoorie and Yamunotri with an investment of Rs. 700 crore (US$ 90.09 million)
Geographical Area (sq km)
State language, literacy rate, key industries:, information and communications technology (ict), agro-based and food processing, horticulture, floriculture, food processing, pharmaceutical and biotechnology, engineering, allied industries, fast moving consumer goods (fmcg), related sites, related news.
In a recent visit to Uttarakhand, Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for projects worth over Rs 17,500 crore (US$ 2.35 billion) across various sectors such as roads, hydropower, sewage, and medical facility.
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi laid foundation stones and inaugurated various development projects in Kedarnath.
Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, inaugurated the first Internet Exchange for Uttarakhand in Dehradun.
Maruti Suzuki in collaboration with Microsoft India has developed HAMS (Harnessing Automobile for Safety), a smartphone-based technology for testing applicants seeking driver's license.
Raksha Mantri, Mr Rajnath Singh dedicated 44 major permanent bridges, to provide better connectivity to remote areas across seven states and union territories. He also laid the Foundation Stone for Nechiphu Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh.
Not a member