- Best Rewards Credit Cards
- Best Credit Card Promotions
- Best Credit Cards for Dining
- Best Credit Cards for Shopping
- Best Cashback Credit Cards
- Best Miles Credit Cards for Travel
- Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Petrol
- Best Credit Cards for Businesses/SMEs
- Best Personal Loans
- Best Home Mortgage Loans
- Best Renovation Loans
- Best Car Loans
- Best Education Loans
- Best Debt Consolidation Loans
- Best Business/SME Loans
- Best Car Insurance
- Best Travel Insurance
- Best Home Insurance
- Best Mortgage Insurance
- Best Health Insurance
- Best Endowment Insurance
- Best Critical Illness Insurance
- Best Maid Insurance
- Best Whole Life Insurance
- Best Term Life Insurance
- Best Personal Accident Insurance
- Best Motorcycle Insurance
- Best Pet Insurance
- Best Online Brokerages
- Best Robo Advisors
- Best P2P/Crowdfunding Platforms
- Best Savings Accounts
- Best Fixed Deposit Accounts
- Best Debit Cards
- Best Hotel Booking Sites
- Best Wire Transfers
- Best Electrical Retailers
- Best Travel Deals
Personal Finance Guides
We'll help you make informed decisions on everything from choosing a job to saving on your family activities.
- Average Cost of Home Renovation
- Average Cost of Monthly SP Bills
- Average Cost of Domestic Help
- Average Cost of Moving Your Home
- Average Cost of Renting a Car
- Average Cost of a Wedding
- Average Cost of a Divorce
- Average Cost of a Funeral
- Average Cost of an Engagement Ring
- Research Reports
- Evaluation Methodology
- Budget Direct Travel Insurance: Is It Right For You?
- Basic plan is cheapest within its repsective tier
- Comprehensive plan provides good value for price
- Basic plan lacks trip delay and cancellation coverage
- May not appeal to travellers who want a lot of coverage
Budget Direct places an emphasis on offering among the cheapest prices on the market for its insurance products, and its two travel insurance plans are no exception. If you're seeking to spend as little as possible on travel insurance, Budget Direct could have a solution for you. To help you get a better feel for what Budget Direct's travel insurance plans are all about, we've broken down the major things you need to know.
Table of Contents
Budget Direct Basic Plan
Budget direct comprehensive plan, sports coverage, claims information.
- Budget Direct Coverage & Benefits
Budget Direct Travel Insurance: What You Need to Know
Budget Direct's two travel insurance policies, the Basic and Comprehensive plans, stand out as consistently tending to be the cheapest in their class. The Basic Plan provides baseline coverage for rock-bottom prices, while the Comprehensive Plan offers good value, boasting a fairly typical level of coverage for the industry while maintaining Budget Direct's financial products' reputation for affordability. Below, we discuss Budget Direct's two travel insurance policies, the Basic and Comprehensive plans, in detail to help you plan your next business trip or holiday.
Budget Direct has a fairly large number of exclusions that include pre-existing conditions, expenses for non-refundable expenses unrelated to transportation or accommodation, business goods or samples and wear or tear due to climate or pest conditions. Additionally, the home contents cover only covers damage or loss due to fire. Below is a table showing some of the exclusions, but it is highly recommended to always read the policy wording to see the full list of what you will or won't be covered for.
The Budget Direct Basic Plan is notable for its tendency to be one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest, travel insurance plans you can buy in all of Singapore regardless of where you're headed or how long you're planning to be there. Its affordability makes it a good option to look at if you want to ensure at least some protection on your trip for what tends to be the cheapest price possible.
However, the Budget Direct Basic Plan achieves its low prices by providing only a minimal level of coverage. It is the only travel insurance plan on the Singapore market out of the dozens we studied that cuts out any coverage in an area that affects all travellers: trip delays and cancellations. This plan also provides significantly less coverage for personal accident/death, medical expenses, emergencies, and baggage loss, damage or delay than even the next-cheapest options such as Etiqa, DirectAsia, FWD and HL Assurance. Adventurous spirits should also keep in mind that neither of Budget Direct's travel insurance plans include coverage for any losses, damages or injuries resulting from bungee jumping or skydiving.
Furthermore, you should keep in mind that while Budget Direct Basic may in some cases be the cheapest travel insurance plan available, depending on the destination and duration of your trip, you may be able to purchase significantly higher coverage for just a few more dollars. For example, for 1-week trips to ASEAN countries, you'd only need to pay S$0.30 more to buy the cheap Etiqa Basic Plan , which provides greater coverage in every area except baggage delay. And for roughly S$2 more, you would be able to buy the Allianz Global Assistance Bronze Plan , a high-value pick that includes generous coverage in the area of travel inconvenience - including trip cancellations and delays. In these kinds of scenarios, we would encourage you to consider carefully the bang you are getting for your buck.
The Budget Direct Comprehensive Plan outshines the Basic Plan in that it preserves the Budget Direct emphasis on cheap prices while providing considerably more value for your money. Not only is it consistently the cheapest second-tier travel insurance plan on the market, but it also offers a level of coverage that generally tends to meet the industry average within this tier.
Unlike the Budget Direct Basic Plan, the Comprehensive Plan does provide coverage for trip cancellations and delays. One way to think of this plan is that, compared to its immediate competitors such as the Etiqa Economy Plan and the HL Assurance Enhanced Plan, it provides roughly the same amount of coverage for fewer bucks. As a result, we consider the Comprehensive Plan from Budget Direct to be one of the highest-value picks among the cheapest mid- or business-tier travel insurance plans.
If you're interested in a mid- or business-tier travel insurance plan for the extra cushion of protection and quality-of-life benefits it might provide over an entry-level plan, however, the Budget Direct Comprehensive Plan may not be the best choice for you. So if you're the type of person who flies business class, likes some extra legroom, and wants a travel insurance plan to match, we might recommend that you also consider the Allianz Global Assistance Silver Plan or the Aviva Travel Plus Plan .
Budget Direct automatically covers you for medical and accident expenses relating to most common sports and activities including skiing, snowboarding, scuba diving (less than 30 metres in depth and with an instructor) and trekking (below 4,000 metres). You will not be covered for extreme sports such as skydiving, hang-gliding, ice climbing, free flying, BASE jumping, parachuting, hunting and caving. There is no specific mention of golf coverage.
You must submit your claim form within 30 days of any event and have the supporting documentation based on the type of claim you are submitting, including passport, air ticket, boarding pass and travel itinerary. You can either email the form or mail it.
Details of Budget Direct Travel Insurance
Getting a great deal on travel insurance means you'll have more money left over to enjoy your vacation. Below, you'll find a summary of how budget direct compares to the industry average for premiums and coverage. If you'd like to know how it compares to other plans in more detail, we've prepared a guide to the best travel insurance in Singapore.
- Best Travel Insurance in Singapore
- Average Costs and Benefits of Travel Insurance
- How to Pick the Best Travel Insurance
Anastassia is a Senior Research Analyst at ValueChampion Singapore, evaluating insurance products for consumers based on quantitative and qualitative financial analysis. She holds degrees in Economics and International Business Management and her prior working experience includes work in the capital markets sector. Her analyses surrounding insurance, healthcare, international affairs and personal finance has been featured on AsiaOne, Business Insider, DW, Vice, Her World, Asia Insurance Review, the Australian Institute of International Affairs and more.
Our Top Travel Insurance
- Best Travel Insurance Promotions
- Best Annual Travel Insurance
- Best Travel Insurance for Sports
- Best Travel Insurance for Families & Groups
- Best Travel Insurance for Seniors
- Best Insurance Companies in Singapore
Keep up with our news and analysis.
Stay up to date.
Featured Travel Insurance Companies
- Allianz Travel Insurance
- FWD Travel Insurance
- Direct Asia Travel Insurance
- Etiqa Travel Insurance
- Aviva Travel Insurance
- HL Assurance Travel Insurance
- Wise Traveller Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance Basics
- What is Travel Insurance
- Why You Need Travel Insurance
- Average Cost and Benefits of Travel Insurance
- Average Cost of a Staycation
- Average Cost of a Vacation
- Who Should Get Annual Travel Insurance
- Airline Travel Insurance vs. Traditional Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance and Terrorism Coverage
- Travel Insurance and Haze Coverage
- Travel Insurance and Zika Coverage
- Travel Insurance and Overbooked Flight Coverage
- Travel Insurance and Trip Cancellation Coverage
- How to Successfully File an Insurance Claim
Other Financial Products for Travellers
- Best Air Miles Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards for Complimentary Lounge Access
- Best Credit Cards for Overseas Spending
- Travel Essentials Checklist For Your Family Vacation
- How To Survive and Thrive as a Solo Traveller
- How Travel Insurance Can Protect Your Refund Rights for Flight Cancellations and Delays
- Travel Essentials for Every Trip – From the Best Travel Insurance to Miles Credit Card
- 5 Things You Must Consider When Buying Travel Insurance
- Is Annual Travel Insurance right for you?
- International Health Insurance vs Travel Insurance: What You Need To Know Before Choosing One
- Travel Insurance
- Copyright © 2023 ValueChampion
Advertiser Disclosure: ValueChampion is a free source of information and tools for consumers. Our site may not feature every company or financial product available on the market. However, the guides and tools we create are based on objective and independent analysis so that they can help everyone make financial decisions with confidence. Some of the offers that appear on this website are from companies which ValueChampion receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where offers appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). However, this does not affect our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in thousands of hours of research. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services
We strive to have the most current information on our site, but consumers should inquire with the relevant financial institution if they have any questions, including eligibility to buy financial products. ValueChampion is not to be construed as in any way engaging or being involved in the distribution or sale of any financial product or assuming any risk or undertaking any liability in respect of any financial product. The site does not review or include all companies or all available products.
- " id="mainPhoneNumber">
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Seniors Travel Insurance
- Ski Travel Insurance
- Budget Direct
- Fast Cover Travel Insurance
- Simply Travel Insurance
- Travel Insurance Saver
- Travel Insuranz
- Wise Traveller
- Zoom Travel Insurance
- See more companies...
- Travel Insurance Tips
- Covid-19 Help
- Read Reviews
- Write a Review
Seniors Travel Insurance Quotes
Please Note - If you are cruising around Australia you need to select Pacific. With Regions, variances can apply for Bali, Indonesia, Japan and Middle East. You are not required to enter stop-over countries if your stop-over is less than 48 hours.
If you don’t know where you’re traveling to within the next 12 months, choose Worldwide to ensure you’re covered no matter where you go. If you’re travelling to multiple countries choose the region that you are visiting that is furthest away (excluding stopovers less than 48 hours). In most cases you will be covered for the closer regions as well. For example, if you choose Europe, you will also be covered in the Middle East, Asia and Pacific.
Worldwide means anywhere in the world
Americas means USA, Canada, South America, Latin America, Hawaii and the Caribbean
Europe means all European countries, including UK
Middle East refers to the area from Syria to Yemen; Egypt to Iran
Asia generally means Asia and the Indian subcontinent. For some insurers this excludes Japan*
Pacific means the South West Pacific, Australia and Indonesia/Bali*. Select Pacific for domestic cruises in New Zealand waters
New Zealand means domestic travel within New Zealand only
*Note: Variances apply for Bali, Indonesia, Japan and Middle East. Check that your destination is covered once directed to your chosen insurer’s site.
We compare quotes from over 25 travel insurance brands in Australia. Do your comparison online to save time, worry and loads of money.
WHY COMPARE TRAVEL INSURANCE IS LOVED BY SENIORS
No Hidden Fees
Travel agents and airlines charge huge commissions. We don’t! Our seniors insurance comparison is free to use. You'll be directed to the insurer's website to buy travel insurance without any sneaky charges. We promise!
No age limits
Looking for holiday insurance over 70?We’re staying younger for longer and we’ve got heaps of policies for ages 60 to 120! So don't worry, you're not over the hill yet in terms of seniors travel insurance!
All the companies we compare have 24/7 emergency assistance, and are underwritten by reputable insurers such as Allianz Australia, Auto & General, Chubb, Lloyds, Great Lakes & more!
Get instant cover for osteoporosis, high blood pressure and many more pre-existing conditions . One simple form makes it quick and easy to compare heaps of seniors travel insurance quotes.
Grandchildren are free!
Most policies cover your grandkids for free as long as they’re under a certain age, not in full-time employment and named on your policy. Yippee to family holidays!
We compare heaps of seniors policies from some of Australia’s most reputable travel insurers. We compare 25+ insurance brands including 1Cover , Amex , Budget Direct , Virgin Money & more!
TRAVEL INSURANCE EXTRAORDINAIRE AT YOUR SERVICE
Need some help? Use the search box below to find answers to all those tricky seniors travel insurance questions. We have plenty of travel insurance tips to help ‘mature people’ compare policies and save.
why you should get seniors travel insurance?
Seniors travel insurance tips.
Getting older? More like outliving the warranty! After working hard your whole life, perks like more free time and more disposable income mean that older travellers are increasingly travelling well into their 70s, 80s and 90s - we've even taken calls from a few centenarians! While travel insurance is a must for all travellers, it is especially important for older travellers who might have pre-existing medical conditions. If you are a little older, you can find it more challenging to find travel insurance which meets your needs and budget, as premiums can be higher, or particular travel insurers may not cover you at all. The travel Insurance experts at Compare Travel Insurance are here to help seniors find the right cover for their trip. Here's our top five tips for purchasing seniors travel insurance:
- Shop around: comprehensive travel insurance for a 70-year-old visiting Bali for two weeks can vary from around $75 to $350.
- Check the coverage limits: some insurers reduce the medical cover for people over 70 to around $40,000.
- Check the excess: some insurers have an increased excess for medical claims.
- Consider pre-existing conditions: unless it is an automatically covered condition, consider declaring your pre-existing conditions for peace of mind. Many brands now have online screening forms so you can find out immediately whether they'll cover you.
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement: check for any exclusions so you know exactly what you are and aren't covered for.
Considering seniors travel insurance? Have a look at our trending articles for more information on how to get seniors travel cover which works for you and your wallet.
Trending Seniors Tips
Pre-existing medical conditions
Having pre-existing medical conditions doesn't mean you can't get cover or that it has to be expensive. It simply means that you need to dig a little deeper when doing your research.
Seniors travel insurance age limits
If you’re over 60, finding reasonably priced travel insurance can be tricky. We've done the hard work for you. Find out which insurers offer great value seniors travel insurance right here.
Seniors travel insurance guide
One of the greatest things about getting older is the freedom to travel and explore new parts of the world. But before jet-setting across the globe to visit the grandkids or long lost friends, it is important to get the right travel insurance.
Seniors Travel Insurance FAQs
Are my children or grandchildren covered under my policy.
Most insurers automatically cover any dependent children or grandchildren travelling with you at no extra cost, as long as they are under the age of 18, not in full time employment and are listed on your policy. Additional terms and conditions may apply so be sure to understand your insurer's definition of a dependent.
What age can I buy travel insurance until?
Although you can compare seniors quotes up to the age 120 on Comparetravelinsurance.com.au, some insurers do have age limits you should be aware of. Our handy guide provides more details on seniors travel insurance age limits.
What pre-existing illnesses does seniors travel insurance cover?
Most insurers have a list of pre-existing medical conditions that are automatically covered for free like asthma, cataracts, some types of diabetes, hypertension which do not require an assessment or declaration form to be submitted. If you have a pre-existing medical condition not listed, you may be able to get cover for an additional fee. Depending upon the seriousness and recency of the condition, your application may require further assessment. See more about pre-existing conditions and medical assessments here.
Does travel insurance cover diabetes?
Most insurers cover Type I and Type II diabetes if you were diagnosed more than 12 months ago - age restrictions often apply. Luckily for you - our diabetes guide details who-covers-what.
Does travel insurance cover hypertension?
Most insurers cover some form of hypertention automatically, but conditions to do with your last reading and age limit might apply. Our handy table helps you compare which insurers cover hypertension.
Does seniors travel insurance cover hearing aids or false teeth?
Mid-range and Comprehensive policies provide cover for your items - but single item limits apply. Usually you will be covered for around $750 per item. If your hearing aids of false teeth (or any other high value item) are worth more than this, you'll need to tell your insurer so they can make sure you are properly insured.
Am I covered when going on a cruise?
It depends! You can certainly get cover. Some insurers cover you for cruising automatically, others require you to purchase their cruise pack in order to covered on land and sea. If you click 'more info' within the quote results, we tell you if the policy covers for cruises automatically. Alternatively, visit our cruise insurance page to get quotes that include cruises.
TRAVEL INSURANCE REVIEWS
Got a quote and read the Product Disclosure Statement, but still not sure which seniors travel insurance policy to choose? Our travel insurance reviews are here to help! Thousands of Australian customers have given us their thoughts on their travel insurer to help you compare the customer service and claims process.
Maybe you have the inside goss on one of the insurance brands? You can rate and review them today for your chance to win $1,000 cash! T&Cs apply.
Our Travel Insurance Comparision Helps You
Save time, worry and loads of money.
Stay up to date with our latest news, deals and special offers.
Your privacy is important to us.
Comparetravelinsurance.com.au is Australia’s leading comparison site solely focused on travel insurance.
Our comparison is a free service that allows users to compare quotes in a few simple steps based on limited personal criteria. Comparisons supplied are not a recommendation or opinion about the suitability of a policy for a user. Comparisons are default ranked according to price and users have the ability to sort by popular cover levels. Whilst we compare a vast range of policies, we do not compare all providers in the market. This site compares the following brands: 1Cover, AllClear, Budget Direct, Downunder, Fast Cover Travel Insurance, Insure4Less, InsureandGo, iTrek, Simply Travel Insurance, Ski-Insurance, Travel Insurance Saver, Travel Insuranz, Wise Traveller, Zoom Travel Insurance . The directors and shareholders are common with companies i-Trek Pty Ltd, Zoom Travel Insurance and 1Cover Pty Ltd including it’s subsidiary brand Ski-insurance. CoverDirect takes all reasonable care when preparing this information but does not warrant its accuracy. Pricing information is supplied by the providers who participate on this site and should be verified with the insurer before you purchase. This site links users to the website of the provider to verify quotes and access the relevant PDS to understand what is, and is not, covered by a policy prior to purchase.
CoverDirect Pty Ltd owns and operates this website under AFS Licence 383590. Located at Level 12, 338 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Please login or register to continue. It'll only take a minute.
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
- There was an error logging in, please try again.
Enter your email and password
- There was an error on your registration, please try again.
Don't you have an account?
Just checking you are a human
- United States
- United Kingdom
Budget Direct Travel Insurance
Our verdict: budget direct offers a broad range of customisations and is one of the few insurers to make covid-19 benefits optional..
In this guide
Summary of Budget Direct's Comprehensive policy
How does budget direct travel insurance cover covid-19, what policies does budget direct offer, here's a breakdown of budget direct travel insurance features, standard features, optional add-ons, how to make a budget direct travel insurance claim, here's the bottom line about budget direct travel insurance, frequently asked questions, request travel insurance quotes and compare policies.
- Budget Direct offers cover for high-risk activities that many other brands don’t, including trekking to Everest Base Camp and trekking the Kokoda Trail.
- There are a broad range of customisations available so you can tailor cover to suit your specific needs.
- Even if you choose to add COVID-19 cover to your policy, it doesn’t offer the most comprehensive protection.
- Cover for pregnancy complications is only available up until the 24th week, but there are many brands that extend cover for longer .
Compare other options
Table updated October 2023
Budget Direct is one of the few travel insurers that lets you customise your cover for COVID-19.
As standard, you will receive cover for overseas medical expenses, including emergency evacuation or repatriation if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. You’ll also be able to claim up to $2,500 for additional expense if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 while overseas.
However, if you want cover for amendment or cancellation costs, you’ll have to add that to your policy. If you add the benefit to your policy, you’ll be covered for amendment or cancellation costs if you or your travelling companion are diagnosed with COVID-19.
There are many scenarios that are not covered by Budget Direct, even if you add on the policy. For example, you won’t be covered if your tour or accommodation cancels due to COVID-19.
There is also no cover if you were diagnosed with COVID-19 before heading on your trip but you went anyway.
Budget Direct offers four insurance policies to travellers. Comprehensive, Essential, Basic and Domestic. All of these policies can be taken out as a single or multi-trip policy, with the exception of basic which is only available as a single-trip policy.
The insurer of this product is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited. It comes with a cooling-off period of 21 days and choice of $200 standard excess for international plans.
These are some of the main insured events that Budget Direct will cover. Some of these benefits may only apply on the comprehensive international policy.
- Overseas medical treatment
- Emergency dental costs
- Trip cancellation or amendment costs
- Lost, damaged or stolen property
- Luggage and travel delay
- Additional accommodation and transport
- Theft of money
- Rental car excess
- Permanent disability
- Kidnap and hijack
- Personal liability
- Accidental death
Budget Direct also offers six add-on options that provide cover for a wider range of risks or activities while you’re on holiday.
- Cruise Cover Extends your insurance policy to cover cruises and a range of cruise-specific risks such as missed ports, sea sickness, and cabin confinement.
- Adventure Covers you for participation in a range of activities such as risky activities such as quad biking, rock climbing, and horse trekking.
- Adventure+ Extends your cover to even higher risk activities, such as trekking to Everest Base Camp or the Kokoda Track.
- Snow sports Covers you for on-piste snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
- Snow sports+ Extends your snow sports cover to include skiing and snowboarding off-piste as well as heli-skiing and heli-boarding.
- COVID-19 cover. Protection for cancellations and amendment costs if you or a travelling companion are diagnosed with COVID-19.
Unfortunately, travel insurance doesn’t cover everything. Generally, Budget Direct will not pay your claim if it relates to:
- Unlawful, wreckless or unreasonably unsafe behaviour by you
- Behaviour while you were drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Expenses related to a pre-existing medical condition
- An act of war, invasion or revolution
- Insolvency of a travel agent , tour operator or accommodation provider
- Mandatory quarantines or isolations
- You being unfit to travel or travelling against medical advice
- Childbirth or pregnancy complications after the 23rd week of gestation or if you have had previous pregnancy complications
- A multiple pregnancy or one where the conception was medically assisted
- An elective medical or dental treatment , cosmetic procedure or body modification (including tattoos or piercing)
- Self-inflicted injury or illness, suicide or attempted suicide
Make sure you review the Budget Direct PDS for a detailed breakdown of what won't be covered, found under its list of general exclusions .
To lodge your claim online, visit claims.travelinsurancepartners.com.au/budgetdirect and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, you can download, print and complete a claim form from budgetdirect.com.au/travel-insurance/claims.html and then send it to the following address.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance C/o-Travel Insurance Partners Claims Department PO Box 168, North Sydney NSW 2060
Budget Direct could be a good option for high-adrenaline travellers as it was one of the few brands we found to offer cover for risky activities such as trekking the Kokoda Trail or heli-skiing.
Don’t forget to add the optional adventure or snow sports packs if you want cover for these activities though.
If you're still not sure about Budget Direct, you can compare other travel insurance companies here .
When will I hear back about a claim?
You will hear back within 10 working days from the time Budget Direct receives your claim.
Am I covered if I’m pregnant?
For uncomplicated pregnancies, cover is only provided up until the 24th week of pregnancy. You will need to apply for cover if there have been complications with this pregnancy or a previous pregnancy, if you have a multiple pregnancy, or if the contraception was medically assisted.
Use a comma or space to separate ages. Add kids under the age of 1 by typing a “0” 0 traveller(s)
Include travel deals and helpful personal finance content from Finder
By submitting this form, you agree to our Privacy & Cookies Policy and Terms of Service
Nicola Middlemiss is a contributing writer at Finder, with a special interest in personal finance and insurance. Formerly a business and finance journalist, Nicola has written thousands of articles helping Australians better understand insurance and grow their personal wealth. She has contributed to a wide range of publications, including Domain, the Educator, Financy, Fundraising and Philanthropy, Insurance Business, MoneyMag, Mortgage Professional, Yahoo Finance, Your Investment Property, and Wealth Professional. Nicola has a Tier 1 General Insurance (General Advice) certification and a Bachelor's degree from the University of Leeds.
More guides on Finder
From last minute cover for those on the go to unlimited hospital and medical for complete peace of mind, Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers cover for all types of travellers and all kinds of travel scenarios.
Ask an Expert
Click here to cancel reply.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
We are trekking in Nepal to 4500m. Will we be covered for this please and does it cover emergency evacuation by helicopter in case of injury or illness?
Thanks for getting in touch!
You can request a quote for trekking travel insurance for Nepal . Normally, cancellations, medical expenses, and helicopter evacuation are covered if you become ill or if you’re injured while trekking to Everest base camp or on other guided treks in Nepal which can be provided by your insurer’s medical assistance team.
While Budget Direct is not on the list of brands who can cover you for the Everest Base Camp or Nepal trekking, use the online form on top of the page, enter the information needed in the fields provided and click “Get my quote”. This will show a full list of providers for your trip.
As a friendly reminder, carefully review the Product Disclosure Statement of the product before applying. You may also contact the insurance provider should you have any questions about their policy.
Hope this helps!
Hi! I require 12 months travel insurance for Germany. The consul requires 30,00 euro for medical evacuation/ repatriation of body in case of death. Can you please advise if the unlimited medical covers this?
Thank you for reaching out to Finder.
Budget Direct will cover for medical evacuation or repatriation based on your specific needs. You may need to check with your specific policy it the 30,000 EU so covered by your policy as the approval is still subject to an assessment and approval by Budget Direct.
You can reach out to Budget Direct to verify so they can check on your policy coverage too.
Hope this helps! 😊
Kind Regards, Mai
Hi, on a 7 month trip to the UK, how can we make sure we’re covered for countries that we suddenly decide to visit? Or, can we add to our insurance whilst away, i.e. If we decide to go to Canada for 2 weeks, can we pay the extra prior to departure?
Thanks for contacting Finder and for leaving a question about Budget Direct Travel Insurance.
Once you are on a trip in the UK and decided to go to another country that is not supported by the region that you purchased, you can log in to your Budget Direct account and purchase a policy to add a new country, say Canada for instance. You can also head to Budget Direct’s website and chat with one of their representatives who can add add a cover for you. It can be done anytime even if you are already on a trip.
Hope this helps and please feel free to contact us back should you require further assistance.
I have a 125cc motorcycle in Philippines am I coverd if im riding it there
Thanks for reaching out! As it says on our page, Budget Direct covers overseas emergency medical assistance – it offers unlimited cover for all plans excluding the domestic plan. For further information, you can check the part on the page that says “Budget Direct Travel Insurance benefits.”
Hope this was helpful. Don’t hesitate to message us back if you have more questions.
I am 83 years old. Is medical cover unlimited for Europe?
Thank you for leaving a question.
Yes, Budget direct does cover until 100 years old. Depending on the policy you take out with them, medical cover may be unlimited for a European tour. Hope this helps!
- Current page link Copy Current page link Copied to clipboard
How likely would you be to recommend finder to a friend or colleague?
Our goal is to create the best possible product, and your thoughts, ideas and suggestions play a major role in helping us identify opportunities to improve.
Important information about this website
finder.com.au is one of Australia's leading comparison websites. We are committed to our readers and stands by our editorial principles
We try to take an open and transparent approach and provide a broad-based comparison service. However, you should be aware that while we are an independently owned service, our comparison service does not include all providers or all products available in the market.
Some product issuers may provide products or offer services through multiple brands, associated companies or different labeling arrangements. This can make it difficult for consumers to compare alternatives or identify the companies behind the products. However, we aim to provide information to enable consumers to understand these issues.
How we make money
We make money by featuring products on our site. Compensation received from the providers featured on our site can influence which products we write about as well as where and how products appear on our page, but the order or placement of these products does not influence our assessment or opinions of them, nor is it an endorsement or recommendation for them.
Products marked as 'Top Pick', 'Promoted' or 'Advertisement' are prominently displayed either as a result of a commercial advertising arrangement or to highlight a particular product, provider or feature. Finder may receive remuneration from the Provider if you click on the related link, purchase or enquire about the product. Finder's decision to show a 'promoted' product is neither a recommendation that the product is appropriate for you nor an indication that the product is the best in its category. We encourage you to use the tools and information we provide to compare your options.
Where our site links to particular products or displays 'Go to site' buttons, we may receive a commission, referral fee or payment when you click on those buttons or apply for a product. You can learn more about how we make money .
Sorting and Ranking Products
When products are grouped in a table or list, the order in which they are initially sorted may be influenced by a range of factors including price, fees and discounts; commercial partnerships; product features; and brand popularity. We provide tools so you can sort and filter these lists to highlight features that matter to you.
General Advice Warning & Detailed Disclosure
Please note that the information published on our site should not be construed as personal advice and does not consider your personal needs and circumstances. While our site will provide you with factual information and general advice to help you make better decisions, it isn't a substitute for professional advice. You should consider whether the products or services featured on our site are appropriate for your needs. If you're unsure about anything, seek professional advice before you apply for any product or commit to any plan and read any disclosure documents (such as any Target Market Determination (TMD) and/or Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)) issued by the provider before making a decision.
Your relationship with the Provider
Providing or obtaining an estimated insurance quote through us does not guarantee you can get the insurance. Acceptance by insurance companies is based on things like occupation, health and lifestyle. By providing you with the ability to apply for a credit card or loan, we are not guaranteeing that your application will be approved. Your application for credit products is subject to the Provider's terms and conditions as well as their application and lending criteria.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance | Coverage & Benefits
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for your travel needs at an affordable price, protecting you against unexpected events and providing peace of mind during your trip. With their user-friendly online platform, you can easily compare policies and select the one that suits your requirements, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Additionally, their dedicated customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or claims, making Budget Direct Travel Insurance a reliable choice for all your travel insurance needs. So, don’t let unforeseen circumstances ruin your trip – get Budget Direct Travel Insurance and travel with confidence.
Table of Contents
Benefits Of Budget Direct Travel Insurance
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers a range of benefits, including comprehensive coverage, affordable premiums, hassle-free claims, and round-the-clock emergency assistance, providing travelers with peace of mind during their journeys.
When it comes to traveling, it’s always smart to be prepared for the unexpected. That’s where Budget Direct Travel Insurance comes in. With their comprehensive coverage, emergency assistance services, trip cancellation and interruption coverage, baggage and personal belongings protection, and coverage for travel delays and missed connections, you can travel with peace of mind knowing you’re protected.
Comprehensive Coverage For Medical Expenses:
- Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers extensive coverage for medical expenses incurred during your trip.
- Whether it’s a minor illness or a serious injury, you can rest assured that you’ll be taken care of without having to worry about the financial burden.
- With their comprehensive policy, you’ll have access to quality medical care and assistance anywhere in the world.
Emergency Assistance Services:
- Budget Direct Travel Insurance understands that emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere.
- That’s why they provide 24/7 emergency assistance services to ensure you have support when you need it the most.
- Whether it’s medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, or legal assistance, their team of experts is just a phone call away.
Trip Cancellation And Interruption Coverage:
- Life is unpredictable, and sometimes your travel plans may need to be canceled or interrupted.
- With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you’ll have coverage for trip cancellations or interruptions due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness, natural disasters, or even job loss.
- You can travel with confidence knowing that you won’t have to bear the financial burden of non-refundable expenses.
Baggage And Personal Belongings Protection:
- Losing your baggage or personal belongings can be a nightmare, but with Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you can have peace of mind.
- Their policy provides coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged baggage, as well as personal belongings such as electronic devices, passports, and jewelry.
- You can travel worry-free, knowing that you’ll be compensated for your loss.
Coverage For Travel Delays And Missed Connections:
- Travel delays and missed connections can be frustrating, but Budget Direct Travel Insurance has got you covered.
- If your trip is delayed or you miss a connecting flight due to circumstances beyond your control, such as severe weather or airline strikes, you’ll be reimbursed for additional expenses incurred, such as accommodation and meals.
- With their coverage, you can navigate through unexpected travel disruptions without breaking the bank.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers a wide range of benefits to ensure your peace of mind while traveling. From comprehensive coverage for medical expenses to emergency assistance services, trip cancellation and interruption coverage, baggage and personal belongings protection, and coverage for travel delays and missed connections, they have you covered.
Don’t let unexpected events dampen your travel experience – choose Budget Direct Travel Insurance for a worry-free journey.
Ease Of Purchase And Claim Process
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers a hassle-free purchase and claims process, ensuring a seamless experience for customers. With a user-friendly interface and quick turnaround times, it’s never been easier to protect your travel plans and have peace of mind on your journey.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance:
Are you planning for your next adventure but worried about the potential risks and uncertainties that come with traveling? Look no further – Budget Direct Travel Insurance has got you covered. With Budget Direct, purchasing and claiming travel insurance is a breeze, ensuring you have a worry-free experience before, during, and after your trip.
Simple And User-Friendly Online Booking Process:
- Intuitive interface: The online booking platform of Budget Direct Travel Insurance is designed to be user-friendly, allowing you to navigate and explore the different options effortlessly.
- Seamless booking process: With just a few clicks, you can input your travel details, choose the coverage that best suits your needs, and receive an instant quote. It’s quick and convenient!
- Transparent pricing: No hidden fees or surprises. Budget Direct provides a clear breakdown of the costs, helping you make informed decisions without any confusion.
Quick And Hassle-Free Claim Settlement:
- Streamlined claims process: In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, Budget Direct ensures a hassle-free experience. Their claims process is straightforward, allowing you to submit your claim documentation easily.
- Prompt response: Budget Direct is committed to providing swift responses to claims. They understand the importance of timely assistance and aim to settle valid claims as quickly as possible.
- Efficient communication: Budget Direct’s dedicated claims team is always available to guide you throughout the process, ensuring that you receive the necessary support and updates regarding your claim.
24/7 Customer Support:
- Round-the-clock assistance: Whether you have questions about your policy, need to file a claim, or require any travel-related assistance, Budget Direct’s customer support team is available 24/7 to provide prompt and comprehensive support.
- Multiple contact channels: Budget Direct offers various ways to get in touch, including phone, email, and live chat, ensuring that you can reach them conveniently based on your preference.
- Expert guidance: With their extensive knowledge and expertise, Budget Direct’s customer support team aims to address your concerns and provide valuable guidance throughout your travel insurance journey.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance takes pride in its simple and user-friendly online booking process, quick and hassle-free claim settlement, and round-the-clock customer support. Choose Budget Direct to ensure a seamless experience from start to finish, allowing you to focus on making incredible memories during your travels.
Explore the world with confidence, knowing that Budget Direct has your back.
Single Trip Travel Insurance
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers affordable single trip travel insurance solutions. Covering unexpected emergencies, medical expenses, trip cancellation, and more, it ensures peace of mind during your travels.
Coverage For A Single Trip Within A Specified Period
Planning a single trip and looking for reliable travel insurance? Look no further than Budget Direct Travel Insurance. Our single trip insurance coverage is designed to protect you during your journey, providing comprehensive coverage for various aspects of your trip.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Medical emergencies: We understand that unexpected medical emergencies can occur while you’re away from home. With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for medical expenses incurred during your trip, including hospital stays, doctor’s fees, and medication.
- Trip cancellations: Sometimes, plans change, and you may need to cancel your trip at the last minute. Our single trip insurance offers coverage for trip cancellations due to unforeseen circumstances such as illness, injury, or other emergency situations. We’ll reimburse you for non-refundable expenses, helping to ease the financial burden.
- Baggage losses: Losing your baggage is undoubtedly a stressful experience. With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you’ll be covered for the loss, theft, or damage of your baggage during your trip. We’ll provide compensation, allowing you to replace essential items and continue your journey smoothly.
Options For Different Trip Durations And Destinations
At Budget Direct Travel Insurance, we understand that every trip is unique. That’s why we offer options for different trip durations and destinations, allowing you to tailor your coverage to your specific needs. Here’s what you can expect:
- Trip durations: Whether you’re planning a short weekend getaway or a month-long adventure, our single trip insurance covers a wide range of trip durations. Choose the level of coverage that suits your travel plans, ensuring that you’re protected from the moment you leave until your safe return.
- Destinations: We cater to various destinations worldwide, so no matter where you’re headed, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re exploring the bustling streets of a vibrant city, relaxing on a tropical beach, or embarking on a thrilling outdoor adventure, Budget Direct Travel Insurance is there to protect you from unforeseen events.
Remember, traveling without insurance can leave you vulnerable to significant financial losses. With Budget Direct Travel Insurance’s comprehensive coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and baggage losses, you can experience peace of mind while exploring the world. So why wait?
Get a quote today and embark on your next adventure with confidence!
Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance that provides comprehensive coverage for frequent travelers. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, this insurance ensures peace of mind and financial protection throughout the year. With affordable premiums and a wide range of benefits, it’s the perfect choice for budget-conscious travelers.
Coverage For Multiple Trips Within A Year
- Annual multi-trip travel insurance is designed for frequent travelers who embark on several trips throughout the year. Here’s why it’s an excellent option for individuals who can’t resist the wanderlust:
- Cost-effective solution: Instead of purchasing separate travel insurance policies for each trip, annual multi-trip insurance provides coverage for unlimited trips within a year. This saves you money in the long run and ensures you’re protected on all your adventures.
- Comprehensive coverage: With annual multi-trip insurance, you enjoy the peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for a range of travel-related incidents, including medical emergencies, trip cancellations, lost luggage, and more.
- Freedom to travel: Whether it’s a weekend getaway, a business trip, or a long vacation, this type of insurance allows you to travel as often as you like without the hassle of arranging coverage for every single trip.
- Flexibility and convenience: Say goodbye to the tedious task of filling out insurance forms before every trip. With annual multi-trip insurance, you only need to apply once and you’re covered for an entire year. It’s hassle-free and ensures uninterrupted protection.
- Tailored to your needs: Depending on your travel plans and preferences, you can choose from different levels of coverage to suit your needs and budget. From basic protection to premium packages that offer additional benefits, the choice is yours.
- Valuable extras: Annual multi-trip insurance often comes with additional perks, such as 24/7 emergency assistance, access to travel advice, and concierge services. These extras enhance your travel experience and provide extra support when you need it most.
Convenience And Cost Savings For Frequent Travelers
- For those who frequently embark on various journeys throughout the year, annual multi-trip travel insurance offers a convenient and cost-effective solution. Here are the key reasons why this type of insurance is favored by avid travelers:
- One-time purchase: Instead of going through the hassle of buying travel insurance for each individual trip, annual multi-trip insurance allows you to make a single purchase that covers you for an entire year. This saves time and effort, providing a hassle-free experience.
- Continuous coverage: With annual multi-trip insurance, you have peace of mind knowing that you are protected on every adventure you undertake within the year. From weekend getaways and business trips to extended vacations, you are covered for an unlimited number of trips.
- Comprehensive protection: This type of insurance provides coverage for a range of travel-related incidents, including medical emergencies, trip cancellations, lost baggage, and more. You can travel with confidence, knowing that you have financial and practical support should any unexpected situations arise.
- Flexibility and freedom: Annual multi-trip insurance offers the freedom to travel as often as you like without the need to arrange insurance for each trip separately. Whether you have spontaneous travel plans or a busy schedule of trips throughout the year, you have the flexibility to explore the world without worry.
- Tailor-made options: Depending on your travel needs and preferences, annual multi-trip insurance often offers different coverage levels to choose from. You can select a plan that suits your specific requirements and budget, ensuring you have the right level of protection for your travels.
- Additional benefits: In addition to core coverage, annual multi-trip insurance may come with valuable extras. These can include 24/7 emergency assistance, access to travel advice, and concierge services, adding an extra layer of support and assistance during your journeys.
International And Domestic Travel Insurance
When it comes to protecting yourself during international and domestic travel, Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers comprehensive coverage. With affordable plans and a wide range of benefits, you can travel with peace of mind knowing you’re financially protected in case of emergencies.
Coverage Options For Both International And Domestic Travel:
- Travel insurance is a must-have regardless of your destination, whether you’re exploring exotic locations abroad or taking a short trip within your own country. With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you can choose from coverage options tailored for both international and domestic travel. Here are the highlights:
- Medical expenses coverage: Accidents and illnesses can happen anywhere, and medical expenses can be costly, especially abroad. Budget Direct Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for emergency medical treatments, hospital stays, and more.
- Trip cancellation or interruption coverage: Life is unpredictable, and sometimes plans change. With Budget Direct, you’re protected against unexpected events that may force you to cancel or cut short your trip, such as sudden illness, natural disasters, or the death of a family member.
- Lost or delayed luggage coverage: Misplaced or delayed luggage can be a major inconvenience during your travels. Thankfully, Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers coverage for lost, stolen, or damaged baggage, ensuring you don’t have to bear the financial burden alone.
- Personal liability coverage: Accidents do happen, even on vacation. Budget Direct’s travel insurance includes personal liability coverage, protecting you against legal expenses in case you accidentally cause injury or damage to others.
- Emergency assistance: No matter where you are in the world, unexpected emergencies can arise. Budget Direct provides round-the-clock emergency assistance to help you navigate unforeseen circumstances, providing peace of mind wherever you go.
Specific Benefits And Coverage Tailored For Each Type Of Travel:
- International travel insurance:
- Emergency medical transport: If you require emergency medical evacuation or repatriation due to a serious illness or injury while traveling internationally, Budget Direct Travel Insurance has you covered.
- Travel delays and missed connections: Delays are not uncommon during international travel. With Budget Direct, you’ll receive compensation for additional accommodation, meals, and transportation expenses resulting from travel delays or missed connections beyond your control.
- Passport and document loss: Losing your passport or important travel documents can be a nightmare. Budget Direct provides coverage for the costs associated with replacing these essential items, minimizing the stress and financial burden.
- Domestic travel insurance:
- Rental car excess coverage: Exploring your own country by car? Budget Direct’s domestic travel insurance includes coverage for excess charges related to rental vehicle accidents, so you can enjoy your road trips worry-free.
- Trip disruption coverage: Unforeseen events can disrupt domestic travel plans, such as severe weather or unexpected illness. With Budget Direct, you’ll be reimbursed for additional accommodation, meals, and transportation expenses caused by trip disruptions outside of your control.
- Home burglary coverage: It’s unfortunate, but homes can be targeted by burglars while you’re away. Budget Direct’s domestic travel insurance offers coverage for theft of personal belongings from your home while you’re on a domestic trip, providing peace of mind while you’re adventuring.
Remember, Budget Direct Travel Insurance provides specific benefits and coverage customized to meet the unique needs of both international and domestic travelers. Whatever your destination, ensure a worry-free journey with Budget Direct Travel Insurance.
Adventure And Sports Coverage
Discover Budget Direct Travel Insurance’s adventure and sports coverage, providing comprehensive protection for thrill-seeking travelers. Enjoy peace of mind during your adrenaline-fueled activities knowing that you’re protected with their reliable travel insurance.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage for adventure and sports activities, ensuring that you can enjoy your adrenaline-filled adventures with peace of mind. From skiing to bungee jumping to scuba diving, Budget Direct has got you covered. Here’s what you need to know about adventure and sports coverage:
Coverage For Adventure Activities Such As Skiing, Bungee Jumping, And Scuba Diving:
- Skiing: Whether you’re hitting the slopes in the Swiss Alps or heading to a local ski resort, Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers coverage for accidents and injuries that may occur while skiing. So, carve your way down the mountainside knowing that you’re protected.
- Bungee Jumping: For those seeking an exhilarating experience by leaping off a platform and freefalling towards the ground, Budget Direct has your back. With their adventure and sports coverage, you can take the plunge with confidence, knowing that you’re insured against any mishaps.
- Scuba Diving: Exploring the vibrant underwater world is an adventure like no other. With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you can delve into the depths of the ocean with peace of mind. Their coverage ensures that you’re protected in case of accidents or injuries while scuba diving.
Protection Against Accidents And Injuries During These Activities:
- Accidental injuries: Even the most experienced adventure enthusiasts can encounter unexpected accidents. With Budget Direct’s comprehensive coverage, you’re protected against any accidental injuries that may occur during your adventure activities. From minor cuts and bruises to more serious incidents, they have you covered.
- Medical expenses: In the unfortunate event of a medical emergency during your adventure activity, Budget Direct Travel Insurance takes care of your medical expenses. Whether it’s a ski-related injury or a scuba diving incident, they ensure that you receive the necessary medical treatment without worrying about the financial burden.
- Evacuation and repatriation: In case you need to be evacuated or repatriated due to an accident or injury during your adventure activity, Budget Direct has arrangements in place. They will organize your safe transfer to the nearest medical facility or transport you back home if required.
- Equipment protection: Your adventure and sports gear can come with a hefty price tag. Budget Direct understands the importance of protecting your equipment. In the event of loss, theft, or damage to your gear during your adventure activities, they offer coverage so that you can replace or repair your equipment.
So, whether you’re conquering snow-capped mountains, taking a leap of faith, or exploring the underwater wonders, Budget Direct Travel Insurance has you covered for all your adventure and sports activities. With their comprehensive coverage, you can fully embrace the thrill while having the assurance that you’re protected against any unforeseen events.
Don’t let worries hold you back; embark on your next adventure with Budget Direct Travel Insurance.
Family Travel Insurance
Protect your family during your travels with Budget Direct Travel Insurance. Stay worry-free and enjoy your vacation knowing that you have comprehensive coverage for any unexpected situations that may arise.
Comprehensive Coverage For The Entire Family
Are you planning a family vacation? Look no further than Budget Direct Travel Insurance for comprehensive coverage for the entire family. With Budget Direct, you can enjoy your trip with the peace of mind that comes from knowing you and your loved ones are protected.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Medical expenses coverage: Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers coverage for medical expenses, ensuring that you and your family are protected in case of illness or injury during your travel.
- Emergency assistance: In case of any emergencies, Budget Direct provides 24/7 emergency assistance, guaranteeing help is always just a phone call away.
- Cancellation and trip interruption coverage: With Budget Direct, you can rest easy knowing that if unforeseen circumstances force you to cancel or interrupt your trip, you’re financially protected.
- Luggage and personal belongings coverage: Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers coverage for loss, theft, or damage to your luggage and personal belongings, allowing you to enjoy your trip worry-free.
- Emergency evacuation coverage: In the event of a medical emergency that requires evacuation, Budget Direct will cover the costs, ensuring your safety and well-being.
- Legal and liability coverage: Budget Direct provides coverage for legal expenses and liability claims, protecting you and your family in case of any legal issues during your trip.
Additional Benefits For Children And Dependent Family Members
Traveling with children or dependent family members? Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers additional benefits designed specifically for them. Here’s what’s included:
- Free coverage for children: Children under a certain age (usually 18 years old) may be covered for free, allowing you to save money while ensuring their protection.
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions: Budget Direct understands that some family members may have pre-existing medical conditions. They offer coverage for these conditions, providing peace of mind for everyone.
- Childcare and dependent care coverage: If a covered adult is hospitalized during the trip, Budget Direct will cover additional expenses for childcare or dependent care, ensuring the well-being of your family.
- Education interruption coverage: In the event that a covered family member’s education is interrupted due to the trip, Budget Direct provides coverage for the educational expenses that were lost.
With Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you can travel with your family worry-free, knowing that you are all protected with comprehensive coverage and additional benefits specifically designed for children and dependent family members. Enjoy your family vacation to the fullest and create lifelong memories while Budget Direct takes care of your travel insurance needs.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Coverage
Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers comprehensive coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. Protect yourself and travel with peace of mind knowing that you are covered for any unexpected health issues while abroad.
Coverage Options For Individuals With Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
Having a pre-existing medical condition shouldn’t stop you from enjoying your travel experience to the fullest. Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers tailored coverage options designed to meet your specific healthcare needs. With comprehensive protection in place, you can explore the world with peace of mind.
Here are the coverage options available for individuals with pre-existing medical conditions:
- Enhanced medical coverage: This option provides increased coverage limits for medical expenses related to your pre-existing condition.
- Emergency medical evacuation: In case of a medical emergency, this coverage ensures that you receive prompt and safe transportation to the nearest appropriate medical facility.
- Prescription drug coverage: Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers coverage for the cost of necessary prescription medications for your pre-existing condition.
- Specialist referrals: If you require specialist treatment or consultations for your pre-existing condition while abroad, this coverage provides financial assistance for these services.
- Trip interruption: In the event that your pre-existing condition requires you to cut your trip short, this coverage helps reimburse any non-refundable expenses and additional transportation costs.
By choosing Budget Direct Travel Insurance, you can have peace of mind knowing that your pre-existing medical condition is covered, allowing you to focus on exploring and enjoying your destination. Remember, it’s essential to disclose your pre-existing condition during the application process to ensure that you receive the appropriate coverage.
Assessing Your Travel Needs
Assessing your travel needs? Budget Direct Travel Insurance provides comprehensive coverage tailored to your budget and specific requirements. Safeguard your trip without breaking the bank.
When planning your next trip, it’s crucial to assess your travel needs to ensure you have the right coverage. Budget Direct Travel Insurance offers comprehensive protection that caters to different travel requirements. Consider the following factors when evaluating your travel needs:
Consider The Length Of Your Trip And The Destinations You Plan To Visit
To determine the coverage you need, take into account the duration of your trip and the destinations you will be visiting. Different locations may have varying levels of risk, and the length of your stay can influence the likelihood of encountering unforeseen events.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Trip duration: Assess if you need coverage for a single trip or if an annual multi-trip policy would be more suitable.
- Destination safety: Evaluate the safety of your intended destinations and any potential risks associated with them.
- Activities planned: If you’re engaging in adventurous activities, make sure you choose a policy that covers them.
Evaluate The Level Of Medical Coverage Required
Medical emergencies can be a major concern when traveling. It’s crucial to evaluate the medical coverage you need to ensure you’re adequately protected. Here are some important considerations:
- Comprehensive medical coverage: Determine the level of medical coverage you require, including emergency medical expenses, hospitalization, and emergency medical evacuation.
- Pre-existing medical conditions: If you have any pre-existing conditions, ensure that your policy provides coverage for them.
- Traveling with family: If you’re traveling with children or elderly family members, make sure that the policy covers their specific medical needs.
Determine The Value Of Your Baggage And Personal Belongings
Protecting your belongings is equally important to safeguard against loss, theft, or damage. When determining the value of your baggage and personal belongings, keep the following in mind:
- Baggage coverage: Assess the value of your luggage, including any valuable items, to ensure sufficient coverage.
- Personal belongings: Consider the value of personal items such as electronic devices, jewelry, or travel documents.
- Opt for additional coverage: If you’re carrying expensive equipment or valuable items, consider adding extra coverage to protect them.
By carefully assessing your travel needs in terms of trip duration, destinations, medical coverage, and the value of your belongings, you can make an informed decision when choosing the right Budget Direct Travel Insurance policy. Remember to review the specific terms and conditions of each policy to ensure it aligns with your needs.
Comparing Coverage And Price Options
Compare coverage and price options of Budget Direct Travel Insurance. Find the best value for your money with comprehensive coverage tailored to your needs.
Compare The Coverage Limits And Benefits Offered By Different Plans
- Coverage limit for emergency medical expenses: $100,000
- Personal liability coverage: $1,000,000
- Trip cancellation coverage: Up to $5,000
- Baggage loss or delay coverage: Up to $2,000
- Rental vehicle insurance excess coverage: $4,000
- Coverage limit for emergency medical expenses: $200,000
- Personal liability coverage: $2,000,000
- Trip cancellation coverage: Up to $10,000
- Baggage loss or delay coverage: Up to $3,000
- Rental vehicle insurance excess coverage: $6,000
- Coverage limit for emergency medical expenses: $500,000
- Personal liability coverage: $5,000,000
- Trip cancellation coverage: Up to $15,000
- Baggage loss or delay coverage: Up to $5,000
- Rental vehicle insurance excess coverage: $8,000
Evaluate The Price Points And Cost-Effectiveness Of Each Option
- Cost-effectiveness: Provides good coverage at an affordable price
- Cost-effectiveness: Offers higher coverage limits for a slightly higher price than Plan 1
- Price: $100
- Cost-effectiveness: Provides the highest coverage limits among all plans, making it suitable for travelers with specific needs
Consider Any Additional Features Or Add-Ons Available
- Adventure sports coverage: Offers coverage for activities like skiing, scuba diving, and bungee jumping for an additional fee
- Enhanced trip cancellation coverage: Provides additional coverage for unforeseen events that may lead to trip cancellation or interruption
- Rental car collision coverage: Offers extra protection for rental vehicle damage or theft
- Family plan: Option to add coverage for family members at a discounted rate
Remember, when choosing a travel insurance plan, it’s important to carefully consider your needs and compare the coverage limits, price points, and additional features of each option.
Reading Reviews And Ratings
Reading reviews and ratings is essential when selecting budget-friendly travel insurance. It provides valuable insights from other customers and helps in making an informed decision.
Research Customer Reviews And Ratings For Budget Direct Travel Insurance Plans
Choosing the right travel insurance plan is essential to ensure a hassle-free trip. One way to make an informed decision is to research customer reviews and ratings for different insurance providers. When it comes to Budget Direct Travel Insurance, reading reviews and ratings can give you valuable insights into the experiences and satisfaction levels of other travelers.
Here are some key points to keep in mind when conducting your research:
- Positive reviews: Look for plans that have received positive reviews from customers. These reviews can give you an idea of the quality of service, the ease of making claims, and the overall satisfaction levels of other travelers who have used Budget Direct Travel Insurance.
- High customer satisfaction: Pay attention to the overall customer satisfaction ratings of the insurance plans. Plans with higher satisfaction ratings indicate that customers have had positive experiences and have been happy with the coverage and services provided.
- Ease of claim process: Look for reviews that mention the ease and effectiveness of the claim process. A smooth and hassle-free claim process can make a significant difference in your overall experience with travel insurance.
- Coverage and benefits: Consider reviews that highlight the coverage and benefits offered by specific plans. This can help you assess whether the plan aligns with your travel needs and provides the necessary protection in case of unforeseen events.
- Customer support: Reviews often mention the level of customer support provided by the insurance provider. Look for feedback on the responsiveness, helpfulness, and efficiency of the customer support team, as this can be crucial when you need assistance during your trip.
Taking the time to research customer reviews and ratings for Budget Direct Travel Insurance plans can help you make an informed decision. By choosing a plan with positive reviews and high customer satisfaction, you can travel with peace of mind knowing that you have the right coverage in place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What insurance should i get for travelling.
For traveling, it is essential to get travel insurance. This insurance safeguards you from unexpected incidents, such as flight cancellations, lost luggage, or medical emergencies. Travel insurance helps in covering the costs of these unforeseen events and provides you with peace of mind during your trip.
It typically includes medical coverage, trip cancellation/interruption coverage, and baggage loss/delay coverage. Medical coverage covers medical expenses abroad, while trip cancellation/interruption coverage reimburses non-refundable expenses if you need to cancel or cut short your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. Baggage loss/delay coverage compensates for lost or delayed luggage.
Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect yourself and your investment while traveling.
What Is Not Covered By Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance typically does not cover pre-existing medical conditions, risky activities (such as extreme sports or hazardous activities), acts of terrorism, trip cancellations due to work-related reasons or change of mind, and lost or stolen baggage that was left unattended.
Dental, cosmetic, and elective medical procedures are also typically not covered. Additionally, travel insurance may not cover damages or injuries caused by alcohol or drug use, as well as self-inflicted harm, mental health conditions, or pandemics. It is important to carefully review the policy details to ensure you understand exactly what is and isn’t covered by your travel insurance plan.
What Is The Best International Travel Insurance For Seniors?
The best international travel insurance for seniors offers comprehensive coverage tailored to their specific needs. It includes medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, trip cancellation/interruption, and baggage loss. Seniors should look for plans with high coverage limits and minimal age restrictions.
It’s important to compare policies from reputable insurance companies to find the best fit. Travel insurance plans like AIG Travel Guard, Allianz Global, and World Nomads offer reliable options with good coverage for seniors. Consider factors such as coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, trip duration, and destination restrictions.
The cost of premiums may vary based on age, destination, and coverage level selected. Make sure to read the policy’s fine print, understand the exclusions and limitations, and ask questions before purchasing to ensure you have the best international travel insurance for your needs.
What Is Travel Insurance With Covid Coverage?
Travel insurance with COVID coverage provides protection and financial reimbursement for unforeseen expenses related to the pandemic during your trip. It covers medical expenses if you contract COVID-19 while traveling, including hospitalization and treatment costs. Additionally, it may offer coverage for trip cancellations or interruptions due to COVID-19-related reasons, such as quarantine requirements or border closures.
This type of insurance can also provide benefits like emergency medical evacuation and repatriation if you need to be transported for specialized care or returned home due to the virus. It is important to carefully review the coverage details and policy terms before purchasing travel insurance with COVID coverage to ensure it meets your specific needs and destination requirements.
Travel insurance with COVID coverage offers peace of mind and financial protection in these uncertain times.
Budget Direct Travel Insurance is a comprehensive and affordable option for travelers. With its wide range of coverage, including medical expenses, trip cancellation, and lost luggage, it offers peace of mind during your journeys. The online application process is quick and hassle-free, allowing you to get coverage in just a few easy steps.
The 24/7 emergency assistance is a valuable feature, ensuring that help is always just a phone call away. The affordable premiums make Budget Direct Travel Insurance accessible to all travelers, regardless of budget. With its reputation for excellent customer service and quick claims processing, you can trust that Budget Direct will be there for you when you need it most.
So, don’t leave your travel plans to chance – get the protection you need with Budget Direct Travel Insurance. Bon voyage and safe travels!
Insurance Law Service in Australia: Protecting Your Interests.
Kia Car Insurance in Australia: Protect Your Ride Today!
Plate Glass Insurance Coverage: Protection for Your Business Windows.
Leave a comment cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Seniors Travel Insurance
- Available Direct
- Through a Broker
NRMA (NT, SA, WA)
Zoom Travel Insurance
NRMA (NSW, ACT, TAS, QLD)
RAA Insurance (SA)
Worldcare Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance Cover
Allclear insurance services pty ltd.
Topsail Insurance Pty Ltd
Easy Travel Insurance
Tick Travel Insurance
ACS Financial Pty Ltd
AIG Australia Limited
- Car Insurance
- Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance Review
The journalists on the editorial team at Forbes Advisor Australia base their research and opinions on objective, independent information-gathering.
When covering investment and personal finance stories, we aim to inform our readers rather than recommend specific financial product or asset classes. While we may highlight certain positives of a financial product or asset class, there is no guarantee that readers will benefit from the product or investment approach and may, in fact, make a loss if they acquire the product or adopt the approach.
To the extent any recommendations or statements of opinion or fact made in a story may constitute financial advice, they constitute general information and not personal financial advice in any form. As such, any recommendations or statements do not take into account the financial circumstances, investment objectives, tax implications, or any specific requirements of readers.
Readers of our stories should not act on any recommendation without first taking appropriate steps to verify the information in the stories consulting their independent financial adviser in order to ascertain whether the recommendation (if any) is appropriate, having regard to their investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs. Providing access to our stories should not be construed as investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any security or product, or to engage in or refrain from engaging in any transaction by Forbes Advisor Australia. In comparing various financial products and services, we are unable to compare every provider in the market so our rankings do not constitute a comprehensive review of a particular sector. While we do go to great lengths to ensure our ranking criteria matches the concerns of consumers, we cannot guarantee that every relevant feature of a financial product will be reviewed. We make every effort to provide accurate and up-to-date information. However, Forbes Advisor Australia cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of this website. Forbes Advisor Australia accepts no responsibility to update any person regarding any inaccuracy, omission or change in information in our stories or any other information made available to a person, nor any obligation to furnish the person with any further information.
Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance Review: Pros and Cons
Updated: Sep 28, 2023, 2:14pm
Budget Direct’s Comprehensive Car Insurance is a popular choice among drivers, offering good cover for accidental damage and automatically including after-accident care in the policy. It’s highly customisable, too, with the choice to add-on a lower windscreen excess, roadside assistance or the ability to choose your own repairer.
- Good customer service capabilities
- Positive reviews online
- Lots of discounts
- Roadside assistance not automatically included
- Maximum total after-accident care of $1,000
Table of Contents
About budget direct comprehensive car insurance, what is covered, budget direct comprehensive car insurance: extras and exclusions, can i get a discount on budget direct comprehensive car insurance.
About Star Rankings: You will note that we have included a star rating next to the product or provider reviewed. This rating was determined by the editorial team once all of the data points were considered, and the pros and cons of each product attribute was reviewed. The star rating is solely the view of Forbes Advisor editorial staff. Commercial partners or advertisers have no bearing on the star rating or their inclusion on this list. Star ratings are only one factor to be considered, and Forbes Advisor encourages you to seek independent advice from an authorised financial adviser in relation to your own financial circumstances and investments before you decide to choose a particular financial product or service.
Budget Direct was established in 2000, and since then has issued policies to more than three million Australians across its home, pet, travel and car insurance offerings. According to its website, its policies are underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited, an Australian insurance company regulated by APRA.
The comprehensive car insurance offering by Budget Direct has won a slew of awards from industry bodies, including the Canstar’s National Outstanding Value Car Insurance Award for 17 years in a row.
The policy has received 3.8 stars on average from 8306 reviews on Product Review, and was ranked the sixth-best offering in our pick of the best comprehensive car insurance policies for Australians.
Details of Budget Direct’s Comprehensive Car Insurance policy are outlined below—from automatic inclusions and discounts to occasions where claims may be void.
Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policyholders can choose between market value or agreed value, subject to eligibility.
Generally speaking, in the event of an accident the policy will cover:
Break ins, accidents, and after accident care
If you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, Budget Direct will provide a hire car while your car is un-driveable. In the event that a hire car cannot be located, you will be covered for a maximum daily limit of $75 for alternative transport.
Additionally, if an accident occurs that leaves your car in this un-driveable condition, towing and emergency transport are also automatically covered. This towing offering will be to either a repairer or storage, whereas transport is to the address where your car is normally parked (such as your house or workplace, should it be a work vehicle).
Where transport is not available, accommodation will be covered; the maximum daily limit of emergency accommodation is $200 per day up to a total of $,1000.
Any accidental damage that occurs to your car during this accident, or at any time, is also automatically covered by Budget Direct.
In terms of break-ins, your personal items are covered up to $500, while car seats are covered up to separate $500.
Will Budget Direct replace my car if it’s written-off?
Yes, Budget Direct will replace its comprehensive car insurance policyholder’s car in the event they are written-off. This inclusion is only available for new cars, however, with the cover valid in the first two years or 40,000 kms from the initial registration (whichever comes first).
Can I choose my own repairer?
It is not an automatic inclusion or standard offering of the Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policy for customers to be able to choose their own repairer. Instead, customers can choose to add it onto the policy as an option if they wish to pay for it.
Is free roadside assistance included?
As is the case with the choice of repairer, free roadside assistance isn’t automatically included in the Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policy. Instead, roadside assistance can be purchased separately.
Budget Direct Customer Service (aka How Easy is it to Make a Claim?)
Budget Direct gives its customers the choice of lodging a claim online via its online portal on its website, or over the phone. The online portal is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, meaning you don’t have to wait for customer service hours.
Along with the claims phone line, Budget Direct also has a separate phone line for enquiries and a livechat feature.
As previously mentioned, Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policyholders can choose to add a number of extras to their policy: such as roadside assistance and the ability to choose their own repairer, as well as the option to reduce their window glass excess.
Budget Direct doesn’t offer outright discounts for safe driving or driving less, but rather factors these concepts into your premium. The “safe driving” discount relates to those who don’t have a history of making claims: at Budget Direct, drivers are rated upon taking out a policy and can receive a discount up to 15% in the premium based on their ranking.
“Drive less, pay less” is another popular discount offered by car insurance policies for drivers that don’t use their car on a frequent basis. There is no specific discount for this within the Budget Direct insurance policy—instead, it is factored into the premium.
There is also a 15% discount currently available (for the first year of the policy) when the Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policy is purchased online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does budget direct car insurance cost.
The cost of your insurance policy will depend on your own individual factors, and therefore it is impossible to provide a general price for a Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policy. These factors include your age, driving history, how often you drive your car, where it is parked, the age of your car, and the choice of your extras.
To receive a quote suited to your situation, use Budget Direct’s quote calculator here.
Who underwrites Budget Direct Car Insurance?
As explained on the Budget Direct website, its car insurance policies are underwritten by the Australian insurance company Auto & General Insurance Company Limited. It is regulated by APRA and is also a member of the Insurance Council of Australia.
Budget Direct says that Auto & General is part of the international BHL Group, with more than nine million customers worldwide.
Does Budget Direct Car Insurance include roadside assistance?
No, Budget Direct does not include free roadside assistance. Instead, if you wish to have this service included in your cover, you will have to pay for it as an additional add-on to the policy.
How do I make an insurance claim with Budget Direct?
To make a claim on your Budget Direct Comprehensive Car Insurance policy, you can complete this process either over the phone or via an online portal. Prior to beginning your claim application, Budget Direct advises you to have the following documents and information on hand:
- your policy number
- details of the incident, including time and place
- other drivers’ names, addresses, vehicle registration numbers, and insurance details
- any witnesses’ names and contact details
- details of any tow-truck company used
- police report number (if applicable).
Once this information has been collated, customers can submit their claims. The claims portal online is open 24/7, while the dedicated claims phone line—1300 139 591—is monitored from Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Sophie Venz is an experienced editor and features reporter, and has previously worked in the small business and start-up reporting space. Previously the Associate Editor of SmartCompany site, Sophie has worked closely with finance experts and columnists around Australia and internationally. Sophie grew up on the Gold Coast and now lives in Melbourne.
- Best Car Insurance Australia
- What Is Car Insurance?
- What Is Excess In Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Guide
- Third Party Car Insurance Guide
- Guide to Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
- How Much Is Car Insurance?
- Multi Car Insurance
- Applying For Your Learner Licence In Australia
- What Is A Novated Lease?
- RACV Car Insurance Review
- AAMI Car Insurance Review
- Youi Car Insurance Review
NRMA Car Insurance Review
More from , multi-car insurance in australia: how it works, allianz comprehensive car insurance review, what is a car insurance write-off, cheap car insurance: how to lower your premiums, types of car insurance in australia.