- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
A Step-by-Step Guide to Turkish Airlines Online Booking
Are you planning a trip and considering flying with Turkish Airlines? With its extensive network and excellent service, Turkish Airlines is a popular choice for both domestic and international travel. Booking your flights online is not only convenient but also allows you to take advantage of exclusive deals and discounts. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of booking your flights with Turkish Airlines online.
Visit the Turkish Airlines Official Website
To begin your online booking journey with Turkish Airlines, the first step is to visit their official website at www.turkishairlines.com. The website offers a user-friendly interface that allows you to easily navigate through various options and find the best flights for your travel needs.
Select Your Travel Details
Once you have landed on the Turkish Airlines website, you will find a search widget prominently displayed on the homepage. This widget allows you to enter your travel details, such as departure city, destination, travel dates, and number of passengers. Fill in these fields accurately to ensure accurate search results.
Explore Flight Options
After entering your travel details, click on the “Search Flights” button to proceed. The website will then generate a list of available flights based on your specifications. You can filter the results based on price, departure time, duration, or other preferences using the provided filters on the left-hand side of the screen.
Take your time to explore different flight options and compare prices before making a decision. Turkish Airlines offers various fare classes that cater to different budgets and travel requirements.
Special conditions traveling to USA with dogs Learn more
Please ensure that you have all documentation required for your pet by the destination country with you. Otherwise, we will be unable to transport your pet. Please remember that some countries do not allow pets to enter, exit or transit with passengers. In accordance with the rules of the destination country, the valid vaccination card, pet passport - identity card and all other documentation required for service dogs to be accepted on flights must be made available at all times by passengers. We are unable to carry service dogs if these documents are incomplete or missing. In accordance with the country specific restrictions, you are required to submit your documents 48 hours before your flight. (mail to: [email protected] and [email protected])
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
Travomojo » Pet Policy » Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
The Turkish Airlines pet policy allows you to travel with a dog, cat , or small singing birds like canaries and parakeets—in the cabin (PETC), as checked baggage , or as manifest cargo . However, you must make and confirm your pet reservation at least 6 hours before departure.
Trained service animals are allowed to travel free of charge with their owners in the passenger cabin.
Table of Contents
Major Highlights of Turkish Airlines Pet Travel
Below is an overview of the Turkish Airlines pet policy:
- Small dogs, cats, and birds (budgies, canaries, parrots, pigeons, goldfinches, etc.) are allowed to travel in the cabin if the combined weight of the pet plus carrier does not exceed 17.6lb/8kg .
- Pets must have all the necessary vaccinations, health certificates , and entry permits required by the transit/destination locations.
- You must confirm the pet reservation at least 6 hours before departure.
- Cats and dogs
- Birds and cats
- Dogs and cats suffering from respiratory problems must be carried in the cabin.
- American Pitbull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Pitbull Terrier
- Japanese Tosa
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- Wolf Dog hybrids
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Presa Canario
- Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff)
- Dogue De Bordeaux
- Doberman (Pincher and all other breeds)
- Caucasian Ovcharka
- Carrier-sharing pets must be of the same species.
- Puppies and kittens between 10–12 weeks old will only be accepted with prior approval from a certified vet.
- Pregnant pets and pets less than 10 weeks old will not be accepted.
- Puppies, kittens, and their mothers will not be accepted unless fully weaned.
- Service dogs (SVANs) can travel free of cost with their owners in the passenger cabin but must be booked at least 48 hours before departure.
- Emotional support animals (ESANs) must travel for a fee under PETC or AVIH rules (per DOT rule dated January 11, 2021). However, they will be accepted free of charge on flights between Istanbul and the United States.
- Larger pets can either travel as checked baggage in the hold or as cargo baggage.
Turkish Airlines Pet in Cabin Policy
Does Turkish Airlines allow pets in the cabin?
Turkish Airlines allows only small dogs, cats , and small birds to travel in the passenger cabin. When flying with a pet in the cabin, the Turkish Airlines pet cabin policy requires you to comply with the following rules:
- Pets Allowed in the Cabin. Only dogs, cats , and small birds —such as budgies, canaries, goldfinches, etc.—are allowed to travel in the cabin on most flights. However, parrots and pigeons (except those on the CITES-1 List) can only travel in the aircraft hold (AVIH). Also, other small species must be transported via Turkish Cargo.
- 1 pet in Business Class and 2 pets in Economy Class on A319/320/321 and B737 (400-700-800-900) aircraft.
- 1 pet in Business Class and 3 pets in Economy Class on A330/A340 and B777 aircraft.
- Must be at least 10 weeks old to travel in the passenger cabin.
- Puppies and kittens between 10–12 weeks old will only be accepted with prior approval from a certified vet .
- Pregnant pets will not be accepted .
- Your seat must not be located in rows with emergency exit doors or infant stroller devices.
- Pet Reservations for In-Cabin Pets. You must confirm your pet reservation at least 6 hours before departure.
- Pet Documentation for In-Cabin Pets
You must carry valid medical reports and documentation required by the departure and arrival countries.
- The Pet Vaccination Card must contain full identification information for cats and dogs and a valid flight certificate for birds.
- The rabies vaccines mentioned on the vaccination report must have been administered between 30 days and 12 months before the flight’s departure date.
- Pet Fees for In-Cabin Pets. Pets are subject to additional baggage fees (refer to the Pet Fees section).
- The pet carrier size for in-cabin pets must not exceed 40cm/15in in length, 30cm/11in in width, and 23cm/9in in height.
- The pet carrier can be hard- or soft-sided but must have holes for ventilation with a 2.5cm diameter on at least three sides for proper ventilation.
- The carrier must be secure and spacious enough for your pet to comfortably stand up and turn around.
- The pet carrier must have a waterproof bottom .
- The lids/zippers of the pet carrier must remain closed throughout the journey.
- Your pet must stay inside the pet carrier and the carrier must fit under your front seat .
- Up to 2 dogs, 2 cats, or 2 birds who are compatible and can be transported together in the same carrier/cage—provided their maximum weight (incl. cage) does not exceed 17.6kg/8kg.
- Passenger’s full name
- Passenger’s address
- Passenger’s phone number
- Number of pets
- Name of the pet/pets
- Pet Weight for In-Cabin Pets. The pet weight (incl. that of the pet carrier) of in-cabin pets must not exceed 17.6lb/8kg .
- The maximum number of pets accepted in the cabin will depend on your aircraft.
- Pet Restrictions
When flying with pets on Turkish Airlines, the following restrictions apply for in-cabin pets:
- Pets travelling to countries that require pets to arrive as air cargo cannot travel in the cabin. These countries include but are not limited to, the U.K., UAE, and Hong Kong.
- Until further notice, passengers cannot transport dogs in the cabin on behalf of someone to Canada from 100-plus countries, incl. Turkey. In other words, to be eligible for travel in the passenger cabin to Canada, the dog must belong to the passenger. For more information, refer to this page .
- The entry of dogs has been temporarily restricted into the United States if travelling from high-risk rabies countries within the last 6 months, per CDC rules.
- Dogs : Pug-nosed breeds such as English/Bull Mastiff, Brussels Griffon, Boxer, Boston Terrier, Bulldog (French and English), English Toy Spaniel, Chow Chow, Tibetan Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, Japanese Chin, Pekingese, Pug (all breeds), and Affenpinscher, etc.
- Cats : Burmese cats, Himalayan cats, and Iranian cats.
- If a passenger with an allergy declaration and a passenger with a pet are travelling together on the same flight, the passenger who booked earlier will be confirmed.
- If a passenger with a service dog and a passenger with an allergy declaration are travelling together on the same flight to/from the United States, the passenger with the service dog will always get priority, regardless of who booked first (per DOT rules). However, on non-U.S. flights, the order of reservation will be considered.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy—Pets as Checked Baggage
Flying on Turkish Airlines with pets as checked baggage.
Turkish Airlines pet policy requires passengers flying with larger pets to follow these rules:
- Pets Allowed in the Hold as Checked Baggage (AVIH). Pets allowed to travel in the aircraft hold as checked baggage include dogs, cats, and small household birds.
- Pet Reservations for Checked Pets. You must book your pet at least 6 hours before departure.
- Pet Documents for Checked Pets. All the required medical reports and documentation must be in place, such as a Pet Vaccination Card (cats and dogs) with complete identification information and a proper flight certificate for birds. The rabies vaccines listed on the vaccination report must have been administered at least 30 days before departure and no more than 12 months before the flight’s departure date.
- Pet Fees for Checked Pets. Pets are subject to additional baggage fees , as indicated in the Pet Fees section.
- Pups and kittens must be at least 10 weeks old.
- Pet Check-in for Checked Pets. You will need to check in your pet at the ticket counter where you will be required to pay the pet fee.
- Temperature Restrictions. Your pet may be not be accepted as checked baggage if the temperature forecast of the day is below 10° Fahrenheit (– 12°C) or more than 85°F (29°C).
- Weight Restrictions. Pets weighing more than 30.8lb/14kg must travel in separate cages in the aircraft hold.
- Pregnant pets and pets under 10 weeks will not be accepted .
- Pets travelling to countries that require pets to arrive as air cargo cannot travel as checked baggage. These countries include but are not limited to, the U.K., UAE, and Hong Kong.
- Transportation of Commercial Dog Breeds to Canada. If you’re transporting your pet (dog) as checked baggage to Canada from 100-plus countries, the dog must belong to you. You will not be allowed to transport a dog on behalf of someone else to Canada until this restriction is removed.
- Transportation of Dogs to the United States. Your dog will not be allowed to enter the United States if it has been to a high risk for rabies country within the last 6 months, per the rules of the CDC.
- Turkish Airlines Pet Carrier Requirements for Checked Pets
- IATA compliant
- Safe, secure and escape-proof
- Spacious enough for the pet to comfortably stand up and turn around in
- Properly ventilated
- Passenger’s name, address, and phone number
- Pet’s name
- Up to 3 sibling pets (10-24 weeks old) can be transported in a single cage.
- Similar-sized, same-specie, compatible pets weighing up to 30.8lb/14kg can travel in a single cage in the aircraft hold.
Turkish Airlines Pet Fees—Domestic Flights (Within Turkey)
What are Turkish Airlines pet charges for domestic flights?
Turkish Airlines pet fees/charges for domestic flights will depend on your pet’s weight. If your pet (incl. the pet carrier) weighs up to 8kg, you can travel with your pet in the aircraft cabin, and if it weighs more than 8kg, you must transport your pet in the aircraft hold as checked baggage. The pet fees for domestic flights within Turkey are provided below.
- Up to 8kg, in the flight cabin (PETC) TRY 150/~USD 8.06
- 0–15kg, in the cargo hold (AVIH) TRY 250/~USD 13.41
- 16–22kg, in the cargo hold (AVIH) TRY 350/~USD 18.77
- 23–28kg, in the cargo hold (AVIH) TRY 375/~USD 20.12
- More than 28kg, in the cargo hold (AVIH) TRY 450/~USD 24.14
Turkish Airlines Pet Fee by Weight System—International Flights (In-cabin Pets)—PETC
What are Turkish Airlines in-cabin pet charges for international flights?
Turkish Airlines in-cabin pet charges are calculated by multiplying the pet fee per kg with the figures shown in the table below. When weighed together, the weight of your pet plus carrier must not exceed 8kg.
Note : The Turkish Airlines pet policy does not include pets in your free baggage allowance.
Pet Fees by Weight System—International Flights (Pets in the Hold)—AVIH
How much is it to take a dog on Turkish Airlines as checked baggage?
Turkish Airlines pet policy does not include pets as part of the free baggage allowance. The pet fee is calculated by multiplying the price per kg with the figures in the table below.
Note. When weighed with the pet cage/carrier, the total weight of the pet plus cage should be more than 8kg.
Pet Fees by Piece System—International Flights (In-cabin Pets, PETC)
What is the Turkish Airlines pet-in-cabin price/fee?
Turkish Airlines pet policy for carriage of pets in the cabin requires that the weight of the pet (incl. carrier) must not exceed 17.6lb/8kg. The pet-in-cabin price/fee will depend on the route and will be charged per the table below.
Pet Fees by Piece System—International Flights (Pets in the Hold)—AVIH
What is the Turkish Airlines pet cost for piece system routes?
According to Turkish Airlines pet policy, if your pet’s weight exceeds 17.6lb/8kg, you will need to transport it in the aircraft hold as checked baggage. To carry your pet as checked baggage in the hold, the pet fee will be charged per the table below.
- Let your pet get used to its container/kennel about 5 days before your flight’s departure.
- Do not give your pet anything to eat or drink for at least 2 hours before the flight.
- Walk your dog.
- Do not tranquilize your pet without consulting a vet.
- Reach the airport well before your flight’s departure.
Turkish Airlines Cargo Pets Policy
What is the Turkish Airlines pet in cargo policy?
According to Turkish Airlines pet cargo policy, if your pet is larger or of a different species, it can travel unaccompanied as air cargo baggage. The cargo hold section of the aircraft is temperature- and pressure-controlled like the aircraft cabin. You will need to book your pet through an authorized cargo agent.
- Pets Allowed as Cargo Baggage. Cats, dogs, household birds, horses, and other animals.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 10 weeks old and fully weaned (but 12 weeks/3 months if travelling to Northern Cypress).
- Pet Forms for Cargo Pets
You will be required to present the following forms for international travel:
- A valid health certificate issued within 10 days of departure.
- Proof of rabies vaccination.
All forms required by the country of destination.
- Pet Check-in for Cargo Pets. The check-in will depend on the location of the Turkish Airlines Cargo Office at the airport of departure.
- The following dangerous dog breeds (incl. their hybrids are prohibited:
- Pitbull Terrier
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- American Bully
- Fila Brasileiro
- Dogo Argentino
- American Bulldog
- Bandog Tosa
- Doberman (Pincher and all breeds)
- Mastiff (all breeds excluding Bull Mastiff)
- Wolf Dog Hybrids
- Pups between 2.5 to 6 months of age must be transported per CR01 cage instructions .
- The cage is one size wider than that which would be normally used.
- All four sides of the cage have ventilation openings.
- The consignor submits an Indemnity Letter.
- The temperature at the departure and destination points is less than 27°C.
- The primates were born and reproduced under protection/supervision.
- The transportation is between qualified institutions/organizations/ zoos/protection/rehabilitation centers and is carried out for protection or reproduction.
- Rodentia, such as rabbits, hamsters, rats, mice, squirrels, chinchillas, beavers, etc., can be transported as long as their containers are firm, secure, and nibble-proof.
- Wild and endangered species can only be transported if the shipper/agent states in writing that the animal is being transported between qualified institutions/organizations/ zoos/protection/rehabilitation centers and is carried out for protection or reproduction.
- Mustelidae (Mustelidae-marten)
- Mustela nivalis (ferrets/weasels)
- Minks (Mephitis mephitis)
- Temperature Restrictions will apply on routes where the temperature on the ground has been forecast to be below minus 12°C/10°F or more than (29°C/85°F.
- Pet Cargo Forms
You will need to submit the following documents to the Turkish Airlines Cargo Department:
- A Pet Health Certificate issued within 10 days of departure.
- All documentation required by the destination country in case of international travel.
- Pet Cargo Price/Cost. Turkish Airlines pet cargo price/cost will depend on your pet’s weight and flight route. For details, call Turkish Airlines Pet Cargo at
How to Travel with Trained Service Animals (Dogs) on Turkish Airlines
Per Turkish Airlines pet policy, service animals (SVAN) include dogs—regardless of breed—that have been trained specifically to assist a person with a disability (incl. physical, mental, intellectual, sensory, or psychiatric). Only trained service animals are accepted on Turkish Airlines, and include the following:
- Seeing Eye Dogs
- Hearing Dogs
- Medical Alert Dogs
- Rescue Dogs
Trained service animals (SVANs) are allowed to travel free of charge in the cabin with their owners.
- Provide the required documentation, such as the animal’s training certificate, passport/ID card, vaccination card, and all other documents required by the destination country.
- Obtain a confirmed booking at least 48 hours before departure.
- DOT Service Animal Transportation Form
- Service Animal Relief Attestation Form
- Mail the forms to [email protected] for exiting the United States and to [email protected] and [email protected] for exiting Istanbul
- On non-U.S. flights, passengers travelling with a service animal must state in writing that the service animal will be relieving itself or that it can relieve itself without creating health sanitation problems on the flight. The following documents will be acceptable:
- A written statement from a certified veterinarian.
- A written statement outlining the steps taken to prevent the service animal from relieving itself.
- A signed document with illustrations/photographs showing that the dog can relieve itself without creating a sanitation or health issue.
- An undertaking that if the dog relieves itself accidentally, the owner will clean the affected area thoroughly and that the passenger will be responsible for any damages.
- General conditions
- Passengers travelling on connecting flights (before and after) must transport their dogs in a pet carrier, either in the passenger cabin or in the aircraft hold, for a fee.
- Must be clean.
- Must wear a vest and/or a harness with identification.
- Must remain seated on the floor below a seat or at the passenger’s feet at all times.
- Must not extend any part of its body into the aisle, into another passenger’s foot space, or exceed the seat’s “footprint”.
- Must not occupy a seat or sit on the passenger’s lap.
- Must remain with the passenger at all times.
- Recommended behavior
- The service/emotional support dog must be :
- Under the owner’s control at all times.
- Leashed/harnessed and muzzled at all times.
- The service/emotional support dog must not :
- Bark excessively.
- Growl or bite.
- Lunge at or jump on people.
- Urinate or defecate in the cabin, gate area, or terminal.
- Eat from a seatback tray table.
- Some regions (such as the U.K. and other countries) have additional requirements and quarantine laws that prohibit the entry or transit of animals.
- The service/emotional support dog’s kennel (empty/occupied) will be treated as an assistive device and can be carried free of charge.
How to Travel with an Emotional Support Animal (ESAN) on Delta Airlines
Turkish Airlines will no longer accept new free-of-charge bookings for emotional support animals (ESANs) after January 11, 2021. This complies with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s final rule. Passengers who wish to travel with an emotional support animal must now make reservations per Turkish Airlines pet policy and transport them at a cost either per PETC (pets in the cabin) rules or AVIH (pets in the hold) rules. Note . If you had made a confirmed reservation for travelling with an emotional support animal on or before January 11, 2021, you will be allowed to travel as planned. However, new bookings will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions on Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
You can travel with your pet in the passenger cabin as cabin baggage, in the aircraft hold as checked baggage, or as unaccompanied cargo baggage.
Yes, Turkish Airlines allows pets to travel in the passenger cabin, aircraft hold as checked baggage, and as pet cargo baggage, as long as you meet the weight and size requirements and certain other conditions.
Turkish Airlines international pet policy allows the transportation of small dogs, cats, and small household birds in the aircraft cabin (as cabin baggage), in the aircraft hold (as checked baggage), and in the cargo hold (as air cargo baggage). However, due to international aviation restrictions, Turkish Airlines does not accept the following dangerous dog breeds: • American Bully • Fila Brasileiro • Staffordshire Bull Terrier • American Staffordshire Terrier • American Pitbull Terrier • Bull Terrier • Pitbull Terrier • Dogo Argentino • Japanese Tosa The following dangerous dog breeds can only be transported by Turkish Cargo: • American Bulldog • Wolf Dog mixed breeds • Rottweiler • Presa Canario • Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff) • Dogue de Bordeaux • Doberman (Pincher and all other Doberman breeds) • Caucasian Ovcharka • Boerboel breeds and crossbreeds • Bandog Tosa Inu • Anatolian Shepherd The African gray parrots (Psittacus Erithacus) are also not accepted on Turkish Airlines due to CITES-1.
If you’re travelling with your pet in the aircraft cabin, the pet cage size must not exceed 23m x 30cm x 40cm, and the weight of your pet must not exceed 8kg. If your pet is larger and/or heavier, you must transport your pet as checked baggage in the aircraft hold section in a larger pet carrier, as long as it is IATA-compliant.
According to Turkish Airlines pet policy, small dogs, cats, and birds (budgies, canaries, parrots, pigeons, goldfinches, etc.) can travel in the cabin if the combined weight of the pet plus carrier does not exceed 17.6lb/8kg. • Pets must have all the necessary vaccinations, health certificates, and entry permits required by the transit/destination locations. • Pet reservations must be confirmed at least 6 hours before departure. • Service dogs (SVANs) can travel free of cost with their owner in the passenger cabin but must be booked at least 48 hours before departure. • Emotional support animals (ESANs) must travel for a fee under PETC or AVIH rules (per DOT rule dated January 11, 2021). However, they will be accepted free of charge on flights between Istanbul and the United States. • Restrictions ◦ Cats and dogs, and birds and cats, are not allowed on the same aircraft. ◦ Dogs and cats suffering from respiratory problems must be carried in the cabin. ◦ Dog breeds considered dangerous will not be accepted. ◦ Pregnant pets and pets less than 10 weeks old will not be accepted. ◦ Puppies, kittens, and their mothers will not be accepted unless fully weaned. ◦ Puppies and kittens between 10–12 weeks old will only be accepted with prior approval from a certified vet. ◦ Pets travelling to countries that require pets to arrive as air cargo cannot travel in the cabin. These countries include but are not limited to, the U.K., UAE, and Hong Kong. ◦ If a passenger with an allergy declaration and a passenger with a pet are travelling together on the same flight, the passenger who booked earlier will be confirmed. ◦ If a passenger with a service dog and a passenger with an allergy declaration are travelling together on the same flight to/from the United States, the passenger with the service dog will always get priority, regardless of who booked first (per DOT rules). However, on non-U.S. flights, the order of reservation will be considered. • Larger and/or heavier pets can either travel as checked baggage in the hold or as cargo baggage. • The maximum number of pets accepted in the cabin will depend on your aircraft.
You must arrange for and confirm your pet’s reservation at least 6 hours before departure by calling Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines will accept pets on a first-come, first-served basis and has a limit on the number of pets it will accept per flight. Your pet carrier must meet local/regional/international standards. Plus, you must have all the necessary vaccinations, health certificates, and entry permits required by the transit/destination locations.
That depends on how your pet is travelling and to which state or country. If you’re shipping your pet as cargo within the United States, you will require a health certificate issued by a licensed vet within 10 days of travel. However, if your pet is travelling in the cabin within the United States, a health certificate may not be required on most domestic flights, but you should check before travelling. If travelling to an international destination, you should get in touch with Turkish Airlines by phone, visit the destination country’s website, or check with their embassy/consulate in your area, as most countries have specific requirements on what types of vaccinations are needed to transport pets. If you have any doubts or need more information, you can visit the following websites: • To/from/within the European Union: European Commission. • Between other countries: IATA • To the United Kingdom: Gov.UK
Per Turkish Airlines pet policy for in-cabin pets, small dogs, cats, and household birds can travel in the cabin on most flights. However, parrots and pigeons can only travel in the aircraft hold (AVIH). When flying with a pet in the cabin, your pet must stay inside the carrier, which must fit under your front seat. Your pet carrier’s dimensions must not exceed 40cm in length, 30cm in width, and 23cm in height. Plus, the weight of your pet’s weight (incl. carrier) must not exceed 17.6lb/8kg. Other requirements (in brief) are as follows: • Your seat must not be located in rows with emergency exit doors or infant stroller devices. • You must book at least 6 hours before departure. • You must carry valid medical reports and required documentation. • Pregnant pets and pets under 10 weeks will not be accepted. • Puppies, kittens, and their mothers will not be accepted unless fully weaned. • Up to 2 dogs, 2 cats, or 2 birds who are compatible can be transported together in the same cage- but within the weight limit. • Dog breeds considered dangerous will not be accepted. • Dogs and cats with respiratory problems must travel in the cabin. Trained service dogs are allowed to accompany disabled passengers in the cabin free of charge, but emotional support animals must travel for a fee per rules.
If your pet qualifies for travel in the cabin, the pet carrier’s dimensions must not exceed 40cm in length, 30cm in width, and 23cm in height. However, regardless of whether your pet is travelling in the cabin or the hold, your pet must be able to do all of these things comfortably inside its carrier: • Stand or sit erect • Lie down naturally • Turn around normally For more information or to book your pet, call Turkish Airlines now.
Turkish Airlines pet carrier dimensions for carry-on pets must not exceed 40cm in length, 30cm in width, and 23cm in height.
Turkish Airlines pet ticket price for carry-on pets on domestic flights within Turkey is TRY 150. Pets weighing 0-15kg will cost you TRY 250 as checked baggage, TRY 350 as checked baggage if they weigh 16-22kg, TRY 375 if they weigh between 23-28kg, and TRY 450 if they weigh more than 28kg (all as checked baggage). On international flights operating on the weight concept/system, the pet fee/price for cabin pets is calculated by multiplying the total weight of the pet by the excess baggage fee for the route. To calculate the in-cabin pet fee, you will have to multiply your pet’s weight by the excess baggage rates which range from €10 to €29 depending on your route. For pets travelling as checked baggage, you will have to multiply your pet’s weight by the excess baggage fee ranging from €10 to €68 depending on your route. The pet price for international flights operating on the piece concept—such as flights to/from the United States—ranges from USD 180 to USD 360 for cabin pets (fixed) depending on your route. For pets travelling as checked baggage, the pet ticket price (also fixed) ranges from USD 360 to USD 720 depending on your route.
Yes, trained psychiatric service dogs are allowed to travel for free with their owners on Turkish Airlines flights.
Per Turkish Airlines pet policy, the restrictions for in-cabin pets are as follows: • Parrots and pigeons can only travel in the aircraft hold (AVIH). • Your seat must not be located in rows with emergency exit doors or infant stroller devices. • The pet’s weight must not exceed 17.6lb/8kg (incl. cage/carrier) and the size of the cage/carrier must not exceed: ◦ Length: 40cm (15in) ◦ Width: 30cm (11in) ◦ Height: 23cm (9in) • Pregnant pets and pets under 10 weeks will not be accepted . • Puppies and kittens between 10–12 weeks old will only be accepted with prior approval from a certified vet . • Only fully weaned puppies and kittens will be accepted. • Up to 2 dogs, 2 cats, or 2 birds who are compatible can be transported together in the same cage-provided their maximum weight (incl. cage) does not exceed 17.6kg/8kg. • The following pets will not be allowed on the same aircraft: ◦ Cats and dogs ◦ Birds and cats • Dogs and cats suffering from respiratory problems must be carried in the cabin, subject to weight limits. They include: ◦ Dogs : Pug-nosed breeds such as English/Bull Mastiff, Brussels Griffon, Boxer, Boston Terrier, Bulldog (French and English), English Toy Spaniel, Chow Chow, Tibetan Spaniel, Lhasa Apso, Japanese Chin, Pekingese, Pug (all breeds), and Affenpinscher, etc. ◦ Cats : Burmese cats, Himalayan cats, and Iranian cats. • Pets travelling to countries that require pets to arrive as air cargo cannot travel in the cabin. These countries include but are not limited to, the U.K., UAE, and Hong Kong.
Turkish Airlines accepts only 1 pet in Business Class.
If you’re travelling with your pet in the aircraft cabin as cabin baggage or the aircraft hold as checked baggage, you must book and confirm your pet’s reservation at least 6 hours before departure.
Yes, you can take your dog to Turkey by plane, as long as you obtain a valid Veterinary Health Certificate stating that your pet is healthy enough to travel, is free from diseases and parasites, and your dog’s documentation is in order. This means you must have the following papers in order: • Your dog’s passport • Your dog’s veterinary health certificate. • Your dog’s vaccination card or proof of vaccination and deworming (with date), normally mentioned on the passport • Your dog’s blood tests (such as rabies titer test, or FAVN, from an EU-approved lab) taken 90 days before your travel date and no less than 30 days after your dog receives its rabies shot, from an approved serology lab. • Your dog’s DHLPP vaccination certificate for distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus • Your dog’s import permit • Your dog’s microchip If the weight of your dog (incl. carrier/cage) is up to 8kg, it can travel with you in the aircraft cabin.
One thought on “Turkish Airlines Pet Policy”
Will I be allowed to bring a personal item/ handbag apart from my pet? Thank you.
Leave a Reply Cancel Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Book a ticket with Travomojo
Travomojo will help you find your perfect flight or trip…guaranteed. We compare the latest prices and the best last-minute deals on the market. That’s why when you book through us, you get the best options for your flight.
- JetBlue Cancellation Policy
- Qatar Airways Baggage Allowance
- United Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Lufthansa Flight Change Policy
- Air Canada Cancellation Policy
- Ryanair Cancellation Policy
- Aer Lingus Name Change Policy
- Aeromexico Cancellation Policy
- Cathay Pacific Upgrade Guide
- Aer Lingus Cancellation Policy
- Delta Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Avianca Airlines Check-In
- WestJet Cancellation Policy
- Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
- Spirit Cancellation Policy
- Ryanair Change Flight Policy
- Air France Cancellation Policy
- Air France Change Flight Guide
- Volaris Name Change Policy
- Air Canada Name Correction Policy
- Sun Country Cancellation Policy
- Aer Lingus Baggage Policy
- Lufthansa Cancellation Policy
- Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy
- KLM Flight Cancellation Policy
- Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy
- United Airlines Name Change Policy
- JetBlue Name Change Policy
- Malaysia Airlines Upgrade
- Malaysia Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Turkish Airlines Change Flight Policy
- Air Transat Cancellation Policy
- Egyptair Cancellation Policy
- ITA Airways Cancellation Policy
- Pegasus Cancellation Policy
- Qatar Airways Upgrade Guide
- WestJet Name Change Policy
- Alaska Airlines Name Change Policy
- Southwest Name Change Policy
- Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy
Turkish Airlines flying with pets
Does turkish airlines accept passengers traveling with pets.
Passengers may travel with pets on Turkish Airlines flights, and pets can be transported in both the passenger cabin (PETC) and cargo compartment (AVIH) . Pets must have vaccination and health certificates, all necessary entry permits and any other documents required by the countries of transit/destination.
Which pets are allowed on Turkish Airlines flights?
Only cats, dogs, and small birds (budgies, canaries, goldfinches, parrots, pigeons, etc.) can be transported as pets. Cats are not accepted on the same flights with dogs or birds , whether they travel in separate cabins. As far as possible, dogs and birds may be carried in the same cabin or different cabins. According to the type of aircraft, the maximum number of pets that Turkish Airlines will accept on a flight may vary.
Dogs that are considered dangerous (e.g., Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Japanese Tosa, Rottweiler, Mastiff, etc.) will not be accepte d .
Pregnant pets and kittens/puppies younger than 10 weeks old will not be accepted. Also, kittens/puppies, as well as mothers, will not be accepted until they are fully weaned. Kittens/puppies aged between 10 to 12 weeks are accepted only with approval from a veterinary .
For both carry-on and checked pets, passengers must receive approval at least 6 hours before departure time and are required to complete all acceptance procedures at the check-in counter . Cats and dogs who suffer from respiratory problems (Persian, Burmese, Shar Pei, Chow Chow, etc.) should be carried in the passenger cabin.
For pets transported in the cabin, cages/bags must have the maximum dimensions of 23 x 30 x 40 cm (H x W x L) and a maximum weight of 8 kg . Soft bags are recommended. If on the same flight there is a passenger that proves an animal allergy with a medical certificate, pets will be accepted in the cabin according to specific conditions.
Pets that cannot be accepted in the cabin for any reason must be transported as checked baggage in special cages of an adequate size, with good ventilation, and a waterproof floor.
Only two adult pets of the same sex who are accustomed to living together can travel in the same cage if each weighs a maximum of 14 kg. Over 14 kg, pets must be transported separately. Maximum 3 pets 10-24 weeks old and born of the same mother can be transported in the same cage.
Because pets are not included in the passengers’ free baggage allowance , Turkish Airlines will always charge an additional fee .
On international flights , there is an additional pet fee calculated based on the applicable excess baggage fees , but also a minimum fee (if the calculated amount is under the minimum fee, you will pay the minimum fee).
Turkish Airlines classifies Assistance Dogs as Service Dogs (SVAN) and Emotional Support Dogs (ESAN).
Passengers needing assistance may bring their Service Dogs (SVAN) in the cabin free of charge on all Turkish Airlines flights . In order to ensure space for a Service Dog, Turkish Airlines requires that the reservation is approved at least 48 hours prior to the flight time . If the reservation has not been approved in advance, the Service Dog may still be permitted to board depending on space availability on the flight. All necessary travel documents such as vaccination certificates or identity cards, as required by the country of destination, must be provided by the passenger in order for the Service Dog to be permitted on the flight . Service Dogs should be kept on a leash and must be wearing a vest and/or an identifying harness.
Emotional Support Dogs (ESAN) are accepted free of charge only on flights between Istanbul and the US. On connecting flights, before and after these routes, the Emotional Support Dog will be transported as a pet in the passenger cabin or as checked baggage for a fee collected at the initial departure point. Passengers with connecting flights are required to carry empty cages in the appropriate dimensions, but with no additional charge. In addition to all necessary travel documents such as vaccination certificates or identity cards, as required by the country of destination, passengers traveling with an Emotional Support Dog must submit official documentation on a letterhead of a licensed mental health professional dated within one year from the date of the initial flight.
More information here >>
Turkish Airlines info
- Covid Rules
- Baggage & carry-on
Turkish Airlines seating maps
- Airbus A319 132
- Airbus A320 200
- Airbus A321 200
- Airbus A330 200
- Airbus A330 300
- Airbus A340 300
- Boeing B737 700
- Boeing B737 800
- Boeing B737 900ER
- Boeing B747 400F
- Boeing B777 300ER
Recent Travel Tips
- Delta Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
As featured on
Airlines & Places
Everything On Turkish Airlines Pet Policy: Cabin, Carrier & Fees
Traveling with pets – airline’s pet policy.
Turkish Airlines kindly requests that passengers traveling with pets obtain authorization at least 6 hours before departure for a safe and pleasant journey . Dogs, cats, and small birds are accepted , but aggressive and br achy cephal ic pets are not allowed on board .
It is recommended that pet and carrier be labeled with the passenger ‘s name , address , telephone number , and the name of the pet . The total weight of the pet and carrier should not exceed 8 kg , with carrier dimensions not exceeding 23 cm in height , 30 cm in width , and 40 cm in length .
For the cabin section , pets are only allowed in hard – case cages or specially designed soft – case containers / bags . The total weight of the pet plus its carrier will be multiplied by the excess baggage fee applicable on the route, to determine the pet fee .
We wish you a safe and enjoyable journey with Turkish Airlines !
Ref: Turkish Airlines – Traveling with pets
Related Links: Turkish Airline Baggage & Tracking | Turkish Airline Name Correction & Cancellation Policies | Turkish Airlines FAQ & Entertainment | Turkish Airlines Lounge Access | Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
Inquiries at Turkish Airline Offices: All Turkish Airline Offices
Making Pet Reservation and Traveling
If you are planning to travel with your pet on Turkish Airlines, you will need to make a pet reservation in advance. Here are the steps to make a pet reservation:
- Contact Turkish Airlines : Contact Turkish Airlines customer service to inform them that you will be traveling with a pet. You can do this through their website or by phone.
- Provide necessary information : You will need to provide information such as your name, flight details, and your pet’s breed, weight, and age. Make sure to also inform them whether your pet will be traveling in the cabin or cargo hold.
- Verify documentation requirements : Verify the documentation requirements for pet travel with Turkish Airlines, which may include a health certificate and any other necessary permits.
- Make the reservation : Once you have provided all the necessary information and verified the requirements, you can make the pet reservation. Turkish Airlines may charge a fee for traveling with your pet.
- Prepare for the flight : After making the reservation, make sure to prepare your pet for the flight, which may include getting a suitable carrier, preparing food and water, and packing any necessary items.
- If your pet is under 8 kg and fits in a cage that isn ‘t taller than 23 cm , wider than 30 cm , or longer than 40 cm , you can bring it on the plane with you in a hard – case cage or a specially -made bag.
- For animals over 8 kg, they must travel in the plane’s hold.
- Puppies and kittens under 10 weeks old and pregnant animals cannot fly. Cats and dogs are not allowed on the same plane.
- when someone with an allergy statement and a pet request is on the same flight, the first reservation will be given priority.
Few Pets are Allowed Without Many Restrictions
- Some types of dogs, like Seeing Eye Dogs, Hearing Dogs, and Medical Alert Dogs, can travel in the passenger cabin on planes for free.
- Search and Rescue Dogs can also travel free of charge if they are in an emergency or disaster.
- Psychiatric Service Dogs can travel for free on flights between the US and Istanbul, but on other flights they may have to go in the cargo hold or the passenger cabin for a fee.
- If the dog is flying, all the required documents must be up-to-date and available. Also, the dog must be well-behaved and clean.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy & Things to Know
Q: What pets are allowed to travel on Turkish Airlines?
A: Turkish Airlines allows domestic cats, dogs, birds (except for birds of prey), and some other small animals to travel on their flights.
Q: What are the requirements for pet travel on Turkish Airlines? A: The requirements for pet travel on Turkish Airlines include a valid health certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian, a pet passport, and any necessary permits or documents required by the destination country.
Q: How much does it cost to travel with a pet on Turkish Airlines? A: The cost of traveling with a pet on Turkish Airlines depends on the weight of the pet and the destination. Fees typically range from 65 to 550 USD per pet per flight.
Pet fees in detail | Pet Fee Calculator
Q: Can pets travel in the cabin on Turkish Airlines? A: Yes, Turkish Airlines allows small cats and dogs to travel in the cabin with their owners if the pet and carrier combined weigh no more than 8 kg.
Q: Can pets travel in the cargo hold on Turkish Airlines? A: Yes, Turkish Airlines allows pets to travel in the cargo hold if the pet and carrier combined weigh more than 8 kg. However, there are restrictions based on the temperature and humidity at the departure and arrival airports.
Q: My Pet is traveling in Airlines’ Cargo, what should I know? A: When flying with a pet, make sure to use a hard-cased cage. If your flight time is over 8 hours or you have a waiting period of 4 hours or more, also provide food, an automatic drinker, and informative instructions attached to your pet’s cage, as well as a label displaying the pet’s information. This will help ensure that your pet travels safely and comfortably.
Q: Do I need separate crates for the same kind of animals?
You can bring two animals of the same species and that know each other in one crate, as long as they don’t weigh more than 8 kg. Three small animals from the same mother can also fit in one crate. Two adult animals of the same species can travel in one crate, as long as they weigh less than 14 kg for dogs, and 10 kg for cats. Otherwise, each animal needs its own crate.
- Turkish Airlines: All Offices (Contact Details & Phone)
- Singapore Airlines All Offices (Phone - Contacts)
- EgyptAir Baggage Allowance & Excess Charges (Fees & Policy)
- Contact British Airways - All Offices (Phone &Location)
- FAQ: Everything About Turkish Airlines
- All Lufthansa Airline Offices/Call Centers (Phone)
- Destinations List
- Hotel Booking
- Change of Name/Date
- Choose a Seat Online
- Travel Insurance
- American Express
- Boarding Pass Card
- In-flight Entertainment
- Fly in Economy Class
- HandBag Policy
- Checked Baggage Policy
- Baggage for Baby
- Excess Baggage (Extra)
- Forbidden Items
- Transport Liquids
- Snowboard (Ski)
- Track your Baggage
- Request a Refund
- Flight Delayed
- Flight Canceled
- Flight Overbooked
- Lost and Found
- Purchase of Miles
- Earn and Accumulate Miles
- Spending Miles
- Redeem Miles
- Transfer of Miles
- Classic Plus
- Elite Plus Card
- Award Ticket Flight
- Family Membership
- Missing Miles
- Upgrade with Miles
- Request an Upgrade
- Hold The Price
- Student Rate
- Flying with Wheelchair
- Traveling While Pregnant
- Stroller & Car Seat
- Unaccompanied Minors Program
- Traveling with Pets
- Traveling with Medication
- Traveling with POC
- Track Flight Status
- Cargo/Freight Service
- Customer Relations Service
- Payment with PayPal
- Reservation for Group Travel
- Choosing a Seat
- Fares Details
- Online/Airport Check-in
- Checked-Baggage (Allowance/Policy)
- HandBag (Cabin)
- Excess Baggage
- Baggage for Baby&Infant
- Liquid Rules
- Take out Travel Insurance
- Travel of Unaccompanied Minors
- Pregnant Woman Travel
- Traveling with Wheelchair
- Pet on Plane
- Delayed Flight
- Canceled Flight
- Overbooked Flight
- Customer Service Contact Details
- Seat Choice&Selection
- Student Discount Flights
- Group Travel Reservations
- Car Rental Service
- Online Check-in Process
- Boarding (Pass&Process)
- Your Benefits (Loyalty Program)
- Insurance Travel
- Checked Baggage
- Carry Liquids
- Refund Request
- Lost Baggage
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Travel During Pregnancy
- Traveling with Pet
- Air Cargo Services
- Contact Center
- Change/Correct Name
- Seat Selection & Reservation
- Flex & Comfort Ticket
- Boarding Pass
- Refund Ticket
- Cancelled Flight
- Baby Baggage
- Carry Liquid
- Ski Equipment
- Pegasus: Spend Miles
- Buy a Gift Card
- BolBol Shop
- Fly during Pregnancy
- Reduced Mobility
- Pet Travel Policy
- Cargo Air Service
- Contact Information
- Select a Seat
- Cancel your Reservation
- Check-in and Boarding
- Buy Extra Baggage
- Handbag (Cabin)
- Baby Baggage (Stroller)
- Pregnant Women on Plane
- Contact (Call Center)
Traveling with pets in the cabin according to Turkish Airlines rules
If you have a pet, it is important that you accompany it when traveling on an aircraft. Fortunately, Turkish Airlines allows you to do so provided you comply with certain regulations.
You must complete a form as soon as you check in at the airport. This form includes information on name, age, weight, race, health status, vaccination history, illnesses, etc. of the animal. You must also provide the following documents:
– A copy of the current vaccination certificate (if applicable);
– A veterinary report.
This document will indicate whether the animal has been vaccinated against rabies, and must be issued by the veterinarian one month before departure.
The passenger transporting his dog or cat must ensure that the animal is well fed before boarding the flight. It is recommended to secure the animal in a suitable seat. The passenger must inform the crew member of any changes in the health of the animal during the trip.
Turkish Airlines pet carriage and conditions cover certain rules
With compliance with these rules, THY pet transport operations are carried out. Additional charges apply for transporting pets. The amount of this fee may vary depending on the weight and age of the animal. The steps to carry out the transport of pets with Turkish Airlines are as follows;
To travel with pets, you must first complete the passenger information form. The main purpose of making this form mandatory is to comply with health and safety precautions.
Traveling with dogs and cats on Turkish Airlines planes
Transport costs for pets including dogs and cats may vary depending on the route travelled. For this reason, you can pay extra at the airport by having with you the necessary documents to transport your pet with you. After paying the additional fee, pets can be transported with Turkish Airlines following the necessary rules.
The reservation of your pet must be made at least 48 hours before the flight. Otherwise, pets will not be accepted on the plane. However, the number of pets that can be taken on planes is limited. For this reason, it is recommended that you complete the booking process for your THY pet as soon as possible. You can register the animal that will board the plane at the counters.
The pet’s cage must have the owner’s name and information. Also, useful information such as phone number and address should also be included.
You must have the animal’s vaccination certificate, health certificate and similar necessary documents with you at the time of booking.
Please note that pets are not included in the baggage weight. There is a supplement to be paid at the airport for transporting pets. Therefore, the weight of your pet is not included in the baggage weight.
Pets may be carried in the cabin and in the luggage compartment. Certain conditions must be met to transport the animal in the cabin. If your animal weighs more than 8 kg in total, it is not possible to travel in the cabin. However, if the total weight of the animal with its cage is less than 8 kg, it is possible to transport it in the cabin. However, the dimensions of the cage must not exceed the following dimensions: 93cm: (23×30×40) cm.
Cages not exceeding the above dimensions may be transported in the cabin. Also, the cage should have a soft surface or be transported in pet bags. Pregnant pets are not permitted on the flight. However, animals under ten weeks old are not permitted on flights to transport cats and dogs.
Going by plane with a cat or dog is subject to very specific requirements. If he cannot travel in the cabin, he will have to leave in the hold in a transport box meeting IATA standards, which are very specific standards.
What are the prices charged by Turkish Airlines?
The Turkish airline agrees to transport your dogs and cats in the cabin and in the hold by charging fees that vary according to the weight of the animal and its cage:
- On domestic flights
– Pets in Cabin (PETC)
– Pet in the hold (AVIH)
- On international flights
– From/To Turkey
– Flights between Group A, B and C destinations
The animal’s transport cage must meet certain standards
The IATA standards for transporting pets are as follows:
– The hull of the crate must be made of fiberglass or rigid plastic only.
– If the crate has wheels, they must be removed. If they are retractable, they must be blocked with adhesive tape.
– The door must have a central locking system that simultaneously locks the two locking points located at the top and bottom of the door.
– The door hinges must extend at least 1.6 cm beyond the horizontal edge above and below the door.
– The two parts of the shell must be held together by bolts. Any other side closure system is strictly prohibited.
– The animal must be able to stand with its head fully erect, without touching the top of the crate. He must also be able to turn around and lie down comfortably.
If the transport crate does not meet these requirements, the animal may be refused boarding, and Turkish Airlines will reserve the right to send it to the hold.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Air-Turkey.com © 2023 - All Rights Reserved.
COVID-19 Alert - In the Wake of Coronavirus, airlinespetpolicy continues to support its customers. For more information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak and to learn more about how Coronavirus may affect your travel plans. Please click here.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
Pet(s) are welcome to travel with you on Turkish Airlines ﬂights. To avoid any last-minute bother, all essential paperwork must be completed ahead of the scheduled departure. It is critical to be aware of the airline's individual pet policies in order to fully comprehend the requirements and prepare for your pets' safe and enjoyable ﬂight.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy - Pet Criteria
Turkish Airlines accepts pets such as dogs, cats, and tiny singing birds.
Turkish Airlines In-cabin Pet Policy
The total weight of the pet and the carrier should not exceed 17 pounds. The carrier's measurements, as speciﬁed by the airline, shall not exceed 9 x 15.5 x 21.5 inches. Two pets of the same breed and size that are well-acquainted with one another and do not exceed the weight restriction can also travel in the same carrier.
Pets sharing a carrier must be of the same species and cannot exceed the weight and carrier size restrictions. Per passenger, a maximum of two carriers are authorized, however only one is permitted in the cabin. The minimum fee for domestic ﬂights is 70 TRY. The total weight of the pet and carrier will be increased by the excess baggage cost for that route on international ﬂights. For transit ﬂights and ﬂights with stopovers, the minimum fare is between $35 and $150. Pets will not be allowed in the cabin if other passengers offer proven conﬁrmation of a medical allergy to dogs, cats, or birds.
Turkish Airlines Pet in Checked Baggage Policy
Pets that do not ﬁt the cabin's requirements and are large enough must be checked as baggage. The pet must be kept in a carrier that is large enough for his or her comfort, has
appropriate ventilation, and is waterproof. The carrier must also be in good condition, with the pet's information scribbled on the label.
If your pet is too heavy to ﬂy in the cabin, you may be able to transport them in the hold instead. Pet costs are calculated by multiplying the combined weight of the pet and carrier by the route's excess baggage fee. Single short ﬂights cost a minimum of $140, shorter journeys cost a minimum of $35, and transit ﬂights cost a minimum of $300. The cost of a pet on a ﬂight with a stopover ranges from $70 to $300, while the cost of a pet on a lengthier travel ranges from $75 to $150.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy - Carrier Guidelines
Carrier measurements for pets traveling in the cabin should not exceed 23 cm in height, 30 cm in width, and 40 cm in length (9"H x 11"W x 15"L). Carriers for pets traveling in the hold must be large enough, well ventilated, and watertight. The passenger's name, address, phone number, and pet's name must be written on all carriers (s).
Turkish Airlines Pet Reservations
Passengers ﬂying with dogs must obtain approval at least 6 hours prior to departure on Turkish Airlines. Turkish Airlines' varied planes may accommodate varying numbers of pets. Two pets are allowed in economy and one in business on B737 (400-700-800-900) A319/320/321 aircraft. Three pets are allowed in economy and one in business on the A330, A340, and B777 aircraft. As long as they meet the appropriate size and weight requirements, dogs and cats with respiratory difﬁculties are permitted to travel in the cabin. For more information.
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy - Emotional Support/Service Animal
All Turkish Airlines ﬂights to and from the United States of America accept emotional support and service dogs. However, the dependent passenger must provide the following documentation to the airline:
- A veterinarian's statement about the health of the pet.
- A written statement from the passenger attesting to the pet's ability to eliminate without endangering its health or sanitation.
- A note from a medical professional stating that the passenger has an emotional disorder as deﬁned by the DSM IV or V and requires the dog for travel.
Turkish Airlines Pet Breeds Restrictions
As long as their size ﬁts the rules for in-cabin travel, snub-nosed pets are welcomed to ﬂy in the cabin. All snub-nosed breeds ﬂying in the hold should be transported in crates that are larger than usual.
The American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pitbull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro are among the breeds that will not be ﬂown by Turkish Airlines.
American Bulldog, American Staffordshire Terrier, Bandog Tosa Inu, Caucasian Ovcharka, Dogue De Bordeaux, Doberman (Pinscher Doberman and all Doberman breeds), Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Wolf Dog; Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff); Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff); Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff); Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff); Mastiff (excluding Bull Mastiff); Mas Hybrid breeds are only allowed on ﬂights if they are transported as air cargo in the aeroplane hold.
On Turkish Airlines ﬂights, African grey parrots will not be admitted.
Submit your review
Take Me With You
American Airlines pet policy
Alaska Airlines pet policy
Air France Airlines pet policy
Air Canada pet policy
british airway pet policy
Delta Airlines pet policy
Finnair Airlines pet policy
Frontier Airlines pet policy
Hawaiian Airlines pet-policy
Iberia Airlines pet policy
JetBlue Airlines pet policy
KLM Airlines pet policy
Lufthansa Airlines pet policy
Southwest Airlines pet policy
singapore airlines pet policy
Turkish Airlines pet policy
United Airlines pet policy
Qantas Airways pet policy
qatar airway pet policy
Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
Travomonk » Turkish Airlines » Turkish Airlines Pet Policy
Turkish Airlines is recognized as an ideal airline for pets with its well-established framework on how to carry service animals and pets in the cabin or hold. It defines the crucial safety aspects, the safety guidelines, limitations, and other rules related to food, carrier, and health obligations to be followed.
Read the guidelines for Turkish airline pet policy given below for a better understanding and abide by the latest provisions.
What are the Main Guidelines of Turkish Airlines Pet Travel Policy?
Initiating an air journey with your pet can seem to be a rather complex process. To ease it to the possible extent, the Turkish Airlines pet carrier policy lays down certain guidelines.
- To carry your pet, you must get approval at least 6 hours before the time of departure.
- There is a capacity on the total number of live animals permitted on the aircraft based on the aircraft type and size.
- Passengers can carry a maximum of 2 cages for their pets to be carried on the aircraft via cargo hold.
- In the cabin, passengers can carry 1 pet, while the additional cage is considered AVIH (Animal in Hold), or both can be considered AVIH in the cabin.
- Keep note that you can carry only 1 cage per passenger on flights from Moldova and Ukraine to the USA.
- The pet containers and cage must be labeled with the passenger’s name, address, surname, type, name of the pet, contact number, and number of pets.
- Passengers must head to the check-in counters to complete Turkish airlines pet travel policy formalities.
- Birds and cats or cats and dogs are not allowed on the same airline, irrespective of being separated by the cabins.
- Birds and dogs can be permitted on the same airline in different cabins or the same cabin separated by maximum distance allowed.
- Pets must be clean, calm, and odorless. Pets in poor health and significant odor are not accepted for transportation.
- Pet travel/transportation is not covered within the bags allowance and additional Turkish airline baggage charges may be charged.
- It is the responsibility of the travelers to abide by the health, animal management, and safety conditions of the pets.
- Travelers must also follow the conditions, entry and exit permits, and health certificates mandated by the countries, and follow the restrictions for regions, states, and other authorities.
- Puppies and/ or kittens between 10 to 12 weeks of age can be transported on the flight after approval from a veterinarian.
- Puppies, kittens, and pregnant animals, nursing animals, under 10 weeks old are not permitted on the aircraft.
- Pets must be vaccinated up to 30 days before the travel and a year before the scheduled flight departure. The vaccination details must be mentioned on the Vaccination card.
What are the guidelines for Turkish Pet Cages?
Here are the essential things to keep in mind regarding cages for your pets –
- Hard cases are preferable and recommended for pets abiding by the specified weight and size dimensions.
- Soft cases are not allowed as cages for pet travel in the cabin. The cages must be hard case cages or specially designed soft cases/ bags.
- The airline also permits travelers to carry specially designed hard or soft side cases/ bags, in materials other than plastic.
- The lids and zippers on the cages and bags must be closed throughout the flight.
- The bags and cages must have a diameter of up to 2.5 cm on at least 3 three sides of the cages with ventilation holes for appropriate air circulation.
- The weight of the pet must exceed 8 kg including the cage
- The cage dimensions must not exceed 40 cm in length, 30 cm in width, and 23 cm in height.
When are pets permitted on flights if some passengers are allergic to animals?
Turkish Airlines ensure that passengers who have submitted a medical report stating their allergies to animals can travel comfortably and still allow pets in the cabin under the following conditions –
- The airline will give priority to the booking reserved first in the case where both the passenger with an allergy and a passenger with a pet travel request have requested travel at the same time.
- Passengers with assistance dogs are prioritized over passengers with allergy statements while traveling on the same flight to the USA following the US Transportation rules and guidelines.
- The order of booking reservation is considered for passengers with allergy statements and those with pet requests, for cases other than USA flights and rescue and search dogs booking.
What is the pet policy for Turkish Airlines pet in cabin?
Keep the following details into account regarding Turkish pets in the cabin –
- Allowed pets – Small singing birds like Canaries and Parakeets, dogs, and cats can be transported in the cabin.
- The pets traveling in the cabin must be kept in a carrier that fits under the passenger’s seat in front.
- Only Turkish airlines seats located by the window (Except those with infant stroller equipment and Emergency exit doors) are allowed for pets in the cabin to avoid Emergency evaluation.
- The cages must be large enough to accommodate the pet size comfortably and allow space to stand, turn around, lie down, etc.
- The cages must include a lateral locking mechanism and be watertight.
- Connect with the airline for details regarding Turkish airlines pet in cabin fee.
What are the exceptions to Turkish Airlines pet in cabin policy?
Following passengers are not allowed in the cabin –
- Pigeons and parrots except those on the CITES list must only be transported in the Aircraft cargo hold.
- Small bird species other than Parakeet and Canaries are not allowed in the cabin.
- Cats with respiratory problems mentioned below cannot be transported in the cabin –
- Following dogs are allowed in the cabin with the passengers (PETC) with crate size not exceeding 8 kg and the measure of the cabin not exceeding beyond 40 cm in length, 30 cm in width, and 23 cm in height –
What is the Service Animals Pet Policy Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines allow service dogs to assist passengers with disabilities like mental, intellectual, sensory, or physical disabilities. Add to that –
- Only dogs are allowed as service animals.
- Service dogs are accepted to/ from the USA from/ to Istanbul abiding by the US DoT regulations.
- Passengers with service dog requests must connect with the airline up to 48 hours before the flight departure.
- For additional documentation and requirements for passengers traveling with SVAN, refer to the official website.
- Seeing Eye dogs, Medical Alert Dogs, and Hearing Dogs in SVAN to accompany the passengers free of charge in cabin locations.
- Search and Rescue dogs can be transported in cargo without charges for disasters and emergencies following AVIH rules.
- Psychiatric service dogs may fly for no additional charges on flights between the United States and Istanbul.
- SVAN dogs must be certified, trained, clean, have identifying harnesses, or wear a vest.
- The service animals must present a training certificate, pet passport- identification card, vaccination card, etc., and abide by other document requirements of the destination country.
- SVAN dogs are not allowed in the cabin in cases of not well-maintained animals, aggressive behavior during check in and boarding, crates exceeding defined sizes, issue of safety hazards, etc.
NOTE – Head to the Turkish website for more details regarding service animals, special document requirements for US travel, and limitations.
What are the guidelines for Turkish airline pets in Aircraft Hold?
Turkish Airlines allow passengers in the Cargo hold if they follow the given conditions –
- If the crate exceeds 8 kg in weight, the pet weighs over 8 kg with the cage, cage dimensions exceed 75 cm in height, 125 cm in length, and 75 cm in width, the pets are transported via Aircraft hold.
- If the crate dimensions further exceed the given dimensions, the animals are transported via Turkish Cargo.
- Only hard case cages are allowed in the Cargo with comfortable space to stand on foot, sit, lay down, turn around, etc.
- For flights over 8 hours or waiting times of more than 4 hours or more, it is recommended to provide informative instructions for food and drinks attached to the crate for airline staff.
- The decision to carry the pets in the Aircraft holds lies with the pilots and if the ventilation conditions are not appropriate for animals, transportation is not permitted.
- Cats and dogs not allowed in the cabin can be transported in the Aircraft hold.
- Dangerous dog breeds mentioned below can only be transported by Turkish airlines pet policy cargo –
NOTE – Refer to the official website for more details on Turkish Aircraft hold and Air Cargo.
What are the guidelines for Turkish pets sharing crates?
Turkish Airlines may allow the same species of pets together in the same crate following the given guidelines –
- Two cats, two birds, or two dogs who are familiar with each other can travel in the same crate, not going beyond the 8 kg limit.
- Maximum of three puppies or kittens between 10 to 24 weeks of age can be transported in a single crate in the hold.
- Each dog must have a maximum of 14 kg weight and each cat must have a maximum of 10 kg to be traveled in a crate in the hold.
- If animals weigh beyond 14 kgs for dogs and 10 kgs for cats, they should be carried in Aircraft hold.
NOTE – The airline holds no responsibility for health issues during and after the flight faced by your pet.
Does Turkish hold guidelines for Pets with Special Conditions?
Pets with special conditions must have the required documentation specified by the destination country. Failure to do so, the airline may not be able to carry the pet through the flight. Also –
- Vaccination card, valid pet passport- identity card, and other documentation, etc. must be provided by passengers.
- For Turkiye indigenous species and those under protection like Angora cats, Van cats, and Sivas Kangal, transportation is allowed to/ from Turkiye if permission is granted by the RT Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry.
- The documents must be submitted up to 48 hours before the flight via email to [email protected] and [email protected] .
- Has a valid US-issued rabies vaccination report or certificate
- Is a minimum of 6 months of age
- Has microchip proof
- Is healthy and calm upon arrival at the US airport
- Arrives at the approved terminal of Entry
- Following species are not allowed to travel via Airline due to Turkish airlines international pet policy –
NOTE – You can refer to the website for the Turkish Cargo section to understand the names of the dangerous dog breeds that can be carried via Cargo.
What are the Documents for the Turkish Pet policy?
In accordance with the Turkish Airlines pet policy, to take along a service pet, please bring the following:
- Certificate of training
- Vaccination certificate, especially for rabies
- Health certificate issued within 10 days before the flight departure
- Additional documents needed by destinations countries, particularly for international trips
NOTE – Connect with the airline for specific document requirements for pet travel.
How to request a Pet booking reservation with Turkish Airlines?
Turkish airlines allow passengers to request a Pet policy by abiding by the guidelines. You can request a Pet carriage via the Turkish official website or at the airport.
Here are the ways to request timely pet carriage booking –
How to add Turkish Pet Carriage to the Booking via Official Website?
You can use the Turkish airline official website to request a pet carriage at least 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure. Follow these steps –
- Head to the official website .
- Choose “ Turkish airline Manage Booking /Check in”.
- Enter the “ ticket confirmation number or Reservation code (PNR) with the passenger’s surname.
- Submit the details by choosing the “ Manage Booking / Check in ” button.
- Choose the desired flights, opt for “ Edit Bookings ” and submit a request for “ Add or choose a pet ”.
- You can add the departure and arrival airport, details for the crate dimensions, pet breed, name, etc.
- Upload the necessary pet details and documents.
- Verify and submit the details. The airline will issue the pet reservation and submit the final reservation details in the profile and via email.
How to request the Turkish airlines pet travel via Airport Ticket Counter?
Reach the airport within the specified time frame to have enough time to book the pet reservation-
- Head to the airport ticket counter and request “ Pet booking ”.
- Provide the flight details, the ticket confirmation code , the booking reservation code , and the last name .
- Enter the pet details like the breed , size , weight , crate dimensions , etc., and submit the necessary documents.
- The agent of this carrier will go over the submitted documents.
- Upon their verification and compliance, your pet’s submission will be complete.
- You can start with your own belongings submission and check-in processes.
How to connect with Turkish airlines over the phone for Queries?
You can connect with the airline for queries like Turkish airline flight change , pets policy, etc. as follows –
- Head to the official website. Choose “ Help ” from the main menu and head to “Get in touch” from the help center.
- Scroll down the page to the section “ Call centers ”.
- Some of the popular destinations and the corresponding contact numbers are listed below –
NOTE – Head to the official website for contact details of other locations.
How to connect with Turkish Airlines over Social Media?
Turkish Airlines ensures that passengers can connect with the airline for a variety of issues and concerns like Turkish Airlines flight cancellation , fare type modification, upgradation, etc. You can connect via Youtube, Tiktok, Blogs, Facebook, etc.
Here are the popular social media handles where you can find Turkish Airlines for pet policy and other doubts –
NOTE – You can head to Turkish airline blogs for tutorials, news updates and releases, and the latest changes.
What is the Turkish Airlines Pet Fee?
Turkish Airlines do not specify specific travel fees for pets. Thus, it is recommended to follow the below-mentioned steps to access Traveling with Pet Fee –
- Visit Turkish Airlines official website.
- On the main menu, you will find the option “ Plan and Book ”.
- Under the heading “ Prepare Your Trip ”, opt for “Traveling with pets”.
- Scroll down the page and select “ Calculate ” to head to the Pet transportation fee calculator.
- Enter the departure and arrival airport , dates , and type of animal – Dog, Bird, or Cat.
- Enter the crate dimensions with the height, length, and width dimensions, and provide the pet weight in kg and the breed.
- Select “ Show the Fee ” to find out the Pet travel fee.
NOTE – You can also contact the airline for more details regarding the Pet travel fee.
Turkish Airlines pet policy is a perfect amalgamation of safety guides for pets while safeguarding the interests of passengers with medical concerns and those with allergies.
Refer to the exhaustive pet policy to consider the rules, guidelines, limitations, etc. regarding pets in the cabin and pets in hold. It allows Turkish Airlines to promise a comfortable and enjoyable travel experience for passengers with pets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Turkish airlines permit pets like dogs and cats on the aircraft as a cargo hold, in the cabin, or in excess baggage.
You can visit the official website, choose Manage booking, edit the flight details, and add pet details like breed, size, etc. to add the pet to the booking.
You may carry your dog in the cabin if it abides by the Turkish pet policy. You can carry the pet as per Turkish Airlines pet policy business class, if applicable for the flight.
Yes, pets like cats, dogs, and small singing birds like Parakeet are allowed by the airline in the pet cabin.
Yes, Turkish Airlines accept pets like dogs, cats, and birds in the cabin or aircraft hold based on the crate dimensions and destination airport guidelines.
It depends on the flight. Thus, it is recommended to contact the airline for details regarding your flights.
Yes, cats are allowed in the cabin. However, birds and cats are not permitted on the same airline even if they are in the cabin.
Turkish Airlines allows dry pet food in carry-on baggage. Make sure to carry food in a sealed container and ensure it does not emit odor.
If the crate dimensions exceed 23x30x40 cm or over 8 kg in weight, the pets can be carried in the aircraft hold.
Dangerous dog breeds like Pitbull Terrier, Fila Brasileiro dogs, American Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, American Staffordshire Terrier, etc. are not allowed as per international aviation rules.
Can Jack Russell terriers fly with me in the cabin on a Turkish flight? Our JRT is 20 pounds and according to her size, she can easily squeeze into a soft foldable pet carrier that fits under the plane seat but there can be a minor difference in the size given under Turkish Airlines Pet Carrier Size guidelines. Will it be acceptable?
My sister is obsessed with her emotional support golden retriever. Our dog is a bit over 1 year old. She goes into a panic attack without his company. Does Turkish Airlines pet in Cabin policy allow emotional support animals? And how much will be the charges for a 4 hour long domestic flight?
Turkish Airlines flying with pets facility is amazing. I have a friend who is blind. He works at a call station and is recently transferred to another office across the cities, from Boston to Chicago. He has an 8 months old German Shephard who is trained to guide and assist him whom he traveled with. The airline staff’s co-operation and kindness were remarkable.
I want to go to the Canary Islands in Spain for a long vacation with my two Ragamuffin kittens. It is a long haul probably like 9 hours or so with Turkish. What is the Turkish Airlines pet travel fee for like 1 carrier since they both can easily fit in one and have enough room for movement? I want to take them in the cabin with me.
Book your flight with us.
- JetBlue Ryanair Southwest
- Air Canada Hawaiian Airlines
- Spirit Airlines Lufthansa
- Alaska Airlines Allegiant Air
- Aegean Airlines Latam Airlines
- British Airways Emirates Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- British Airways Name Change Policy
- Aegean Airlines Name Change Policy
- Qatar Airways Name Change Policy
- Lufthansa Name Change Policy
- Air France Name Change Policy
- JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy
- Emirates Airline Name Change Policy
- Frontier Airlines Name Change Policy
- Air Canada Name Change Policy
- Cathay Pacific Name Change Policy
- Latam Airlines Name Change Policy
- Hawaiian Airlines Name Change Policy
Email: [email protected] Phone: +1-877-805-0998 Address: 524, Powder Horn, King of prussia PA 19406 EIN: 84-4493908
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Phone special - call to book.
Our Experts available 24x7x365
Book online or Call Us 1-877-805-0998